Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 847. (Read 4670673 times)

Activity: 88
Merit: 10
Difficult to convert favorite coin. Easier to find new members with no coin favorite. Maybe we avoid DASH ship wreck and find members without ship? Some members cannot saved. Prefer to sink on favorite ship

I assume English is not your native language, but this is beautiful.

Thank you

I wish help everyone. Time not allow, too many sink. We find new members faster
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
What happened to your Igor review with SDC... many months have passed with nothing issued (at least not that I saw).

more documentation required. put on back-burner for now. still pending.

Bah he's just moving back to the soft troll feigning ignorance of what has been pointed out to him for months in multiple threads. Don't even quote him.

he's already back on ignore, not going to waste more than a one-liner on him.

Ummm… OK, Ill keep this simple.

Who wrote this paper? (You will hopefully forgive my wry smile as I am now presented with yet another fake name/pseudonymn/nom de guerre, Surae Noether)
https://downloads.getmonero.org/whitepaper_review.pdf.
legendary
Activity: 1105
Difficult to convert favorite coin. Easier to find new members with no coin favorite. Maybe we avoid DASH ship wreck and find members without ship? Some members cannot saved. Prefer to sink on favorite ship

I assume English is not your native language, but this is beautiful.
Activity: 88
Merit: 10
Activity: 453
Merit: 500
hello world
mr Unknown becomes huuuuuge:

https://monerohash.com/#network

50.8% right now Shocked

'Unknown' doesn't mean an unknown pool, it could be 10 unknown pools or 10 000 people solo mining, or some combination of these. Really 100% being unknown is the ideal, although I'd feel much better about it with something like smart mining deployed and in widespread use.

Anyway, if you want to help the network, solo mine (even just one or two computers helps) or mine on small pools.

really didn't know that, thank you. i am part of the unknown then   Smiley
i'm solo mining all the time, i can not even feel it running in the background with t-3 on my OC'ed machine. it allready found several blocks with this 4 core machine..by far the most precious moneroj i got Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 874
monero

Bah he's just moving back to the soft troll feigning ignorance of what has been pointed out to him for months in multiple threads. Don't even quote him.

he's already back on ignore, not going to waste more than a one-liner on him.
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
Could somebody pls link me Monero's peer review of the CryptoNote whitepaper and any other noteworthy peer reviews /audits etc regarding CN, BCN and XMR?

Many Thanks

while your google-fu has been proven to be weak numerous times, it should be sufficient for this task.

legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018
Could somebody pls link me Monero's peer review of the CryptoNote whitepaper and any other noteworthy peer reviews /audits etc regarding CN, BCN and XMR?

Many Thanks

while your google-fu has been proven to be weak numerous times, it should be sufficient for this task.

Not sure how you can claim my "google-fu has been proven to be weak numerous times"
I  once googled Bytecoin scam but found it mostly unhelpful since every link and story referred back to rethink-your-strategies post.

In actual fact when i google monero review cryptonote the first link is also RYS's hit-piece. Fortunately just below I find https://cryptonote.org/news/2014/7/15/cryptonote-whitepaper-review-by-monero which links to https://downloads.getmonero.org/whitepaper_review.pdf

Before I start trying to read it the first thing that surprises me (post-Saberhagen) is that I cant see an author's name (a known entity I mean). Who wrote this paper?

Also are there any other noteworthy peer reviews /audits etc regarding CN, BCN and XMR?

Thanks

What happened to your Igor review with SDC... many months have passed with nothing issued (at least not that I saw).

Many Thanks

Not sure how you can claim my "google-fu has been proven to be weak numerous times"
I  once googled Bytecoin scam but found it mostly unhelpful since every link and story referred back to rethink-your-strategies post.

In actual fact when i google monero review cryptonote the first link is also RYS's hit-piece. Fortunately just below I find https://cryptonote.org/news/2014/7/15/cryptonote-whitepaper-review-by-monero which links to https://downloads.getmonero.org/whitepaper_review.pdf

Before I start trying to read it the first thing that surprises me (post-Saberhagen) is that I cant see an author's name (a known entity I mean). Who wrote this paper?

Also are there any other noteworthy peer reviews /audits etc regarding CN, BCN and XMR?

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 874
monero

Many Thanks

Many Thanks
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants

Please feel welcome.  We understand there is little activity in the Chinese forum.  We welcome you here though.

I don't disagree but I guess the forum mods have a different idea.

Ah well there IS that.

His English is waaaaay better than my Google translate, though.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
Yes, move to small pools peeps! You think your pool is small? I'm on monerohash - we're pulling 4.4 kh/s right now!!!

I don't think the pool is too small; i just say it's too small to operate without losing money <3 is there a slack for monero btw?

no, there's not - there's IRC freenode #monero and #monero-dev
Activity: 784
Yes, move to small pools peeps! You think your pool is small? I'm on monerohash - we're pulling 4.4 kh/s right now!!!

I don't think the pool is too small; i just say it's too small to operate without losing money <3 is there a slack for monero btw?
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

只要功夫深,铁杵磨成针

与持久性的铁棍可以做成针!

Is Chinese not allow in this topic?

I must discuss here?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=30.0

Please feel welcome.  We understand there is little activity in the Chinese forum.  We welcome you here though.

I don't disagree but I guess the forum mods have a different idea.
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

只要功夫深,铁杵磨成针

与持久性的铁棍可以做成针!

Is Chinese not allow in this topic?

I must discuss here?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=30.0

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
XMR miners

please send some hash on xmr.poolto.be as we struggle since we started this pool; we rent a strong dedi for it and fees only pays 25% of our expenses yet. We will not increase fees so we'll try to grab some more miners or we'll have to close; we give us 3 months to increase our userbase. please help the ecosystem keep it's small pools.

btw; I see we still have the claymore miner parasite as the main miner for ATI cards; is there an open source miner funding somewhere? Is wolf still working on xmr/releasing private miners?

I'm hodling many xmr as long term bet; i like the coin but that claymore shit + how the coin's mined is still a problem for me; solving that would make my life better.

I'd give some xmr/btc to fund an open source miner.

If there's already some mining initiatives going please link me i didn't read the many pages since my last post  Grin

ps; i'm the one who asked todd; as I already knew his answer  Grin

cheers everyone; sorry for that mini spam  Grin

Re: claymore (closed source) vs nvidia (open source) - I think there's an interesting lesson to be learned - claymore has continued to update his mining software, ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=638915.2320) whereas the open source nvidia has languished with absolutely 0 updates in over (at least) 10 months. If anything, I'd hope for someone to develop a closed source nvidia miner. Well really I'd hope for any kind of development. Additionally, the mining "fee" is relatively modest - 1 round of hashing every 40 rounds - so the fee is based on luck as much as your own mining is based on luck. He's not getting every 1/40 shares.

What I really don't understand is why individuals that profit from the Monero mining economy don't donate to core development. I mean, they might, but its unknown. In these ecosystems where everything depends on everything else, I'd hope that all participants would feed the source. Especially considering that of all the non-specialized hardware mineable coins out there, Monero will probably stick around the longest and probably has the best bet to be ASIC resistant for the longest. These are both things that, I would think, would convince the mining profiteers to donate to core development. But who knows, maybe they do. I'd love for some botnet dude to come in here and go "all my XMR are belong to you, core devs"

You couldn't mine Monero on AMD cards if it wasn't for claymore, but claymore couldn't have a profitable mining software product if it wasn't for Monero.
Activity: 794
Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable
XMR miners

please send some hash on xmr.poolto.be as we struggle since we started this pool; we rent a strong dedi for it and fees only pays 25% of our expenses yet. We will not increase fees so we'll try to grab some more miners or we'll have to close; we give us 3 months to increase our userbase. please help the ecosystem keep it's small pools.

btw; I see we still have the claymore miner parasite as the main miner for ATI cards; is there an open source miner funding somewhere? Is wolf still working on xmr/releasing private miners?

I'm hodling many xmr as long term bet; i like the coin but that claymore shit + how the coin's mined is still a problem for me; solving that would make my life better.

If there's already some mining initiatives going please link me i didn't read the many pages since my last post  Grin

ps; i'm the one who asked todd; as I already knew his answer  Grin

cheers everyone; sorry for that mini spam  Grin
I was mining with your pool for some time, but my CPU is busy with other things now. It was quite stable at the time and I tried a lot of other pools. Small pools are good for the network. I hope you'll make it. About the resent open source miner funding here is a crosspost:

According to the OP, these bounties were pledged for an open sourced AMD miner

-Keyboard-Mash: 150 XMR
-HardwarePal: 1 BTC
-Smooth: 300 XMR
-othe: 50 XMR

according to
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11079019

Smooth's 300 is still active

G2M put up one for 150

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11079351

So total recent monero put up for SOME kind of bounty.

*Smooth: 300
*G2M: 150
GingerAle: 200
Jwinterm: 35
Chocolatebar: 2000
owlcatz: 200
Lloydmiller4: 500 - 1000

though the asterisked ones were for the original open source AMD bounty, not necessarily a miner with 2X hashrate.

So 3885 is the total up for something. Anything. To happen in this space.

Yes I am happy to pay out 300 toward an open sourced AMD miner.
Activity: 784
XMR miners

If there's already some mining initiatives going please link me i didn't read the many pages since my last post  Grin

ps; i'm the one who asked todd; as I already knew his answer  Grin

cheers everyone; sorry for that mini spam  Grin
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1001
Nice updates form dev, I like monero good coin and low electricity when mining.
Jump to: