Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 872. (Read 4670673 times)

pa
Activity: 528
Merit: 501
Does anyone know the best way to get in contact with fluffypony? I'm having big mymonero issue...

IRC #monero or email him: http://getmonero.org/knowledge-base/people
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
Still wild and free
Does anyone know the best way to get in contact with fluffypony? I'm having big mymonero issue...

PM here or reddit I'm sure would work, though fastest is IRC.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Just like when Monero gets >80% mined in 3 more years there will be not even a potential guarantee that certain people aren't colluding to ruin the unlinkability. Because the reality is that people successfully purchase 51% of companies all of the time irl - no matter how much the holders believed in that company. But 3 years is a much better timeframe to allow for potential solutions to present themselves.

Actually, Monero will be mined forever this mean it will be very hard for some single entity control over 50% of the supply forever.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
cross post for visibility

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11726823

TLDR - proposal for bounty for public release of optimized mining software that might not exist.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
..... ..... ..... .....
How much for this physical xmr?
Activity: 168
Merit: 101
Physical Monero coins
39 pure silver Monero coins are now in stock.

https://cryptonic.net/product/order/4/
Activity: 795
Merit: 514
Allow me the courtesy of saving (savvying?) you some time.

You'd save everyone a lot more time if your posts were on-topic and in the appropriate thread.
Activity: 225
And the winner is…  g4q34g4qg47ww!

Gentlemen,

Allow me the courtesy of saving (savvying?) you some time. I'm surprised you didn’t call it sooner… I began to feel kinda ambivalent… so I dropped you the hints required.

Let me start by saying I have a great deal of respect for your community and the many minds who commune within it. Let me also say I completely understand why you exist/came into being.

I found myself at a loose end a couple weeks back and began looking into other things crypto-wise. Really bored of waiting for the Zeuner review blah blah. And the CN/BCN/XMR story sure is a juicy one. I’m neither a shill nor a troll , just a guy looking for answers/clarity/direction.

Apologies for the ruse. Could not have dome it without Wanderlust.  However my genuine feeling after all this wandering is that it’s a 50/50 in the BCN/XMR story and I fear you chaps might’ve talked yourselves up a little too much. Only time will tell.

I stand by every word Wanderlust posted here.

To the guy who said I have 0.5 brain cells: I’ll have him know I have 1 brain cell still working smoothly. Perhaps I seem confident but in actual fact I'm not that much…

Have a good weekend.

CH.

p.s. this has not been in vain. many things have been learned (at least by me).
p.p.s if a man pleads the 5th amendment is he presumed guilty?
legendary
Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001
[...] Oh god, as soon as he said "savvy" i knew exactly who wanderlust was... drum roll please... "child_harold"... check the speech patterns [...]

You actually had me looking at their profiles.

Funny coincidence:
Last ever post by child_harold: June 16, 2015, 08:25:35 PM
First ever post by wanderlust: June 16, 2015, 12:02:54 PM

Naturally, data is subject to change as Troll Account X now starts getting some use again...
legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959
Oh god, as soon as he said "savvy" i knew exactly who wanderlust was... drum roll please... "child_harold"... check the speech patterns

https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/childharold-249166

* Wanderlust wanders off

* child_harold wanders off aagin

Well-known retarded troll with about 0.5 brain cells but a lot of confidence to make up for it.

Nice. 

This is how we roll.

1.  Troll shows up with a plan.
2.  We give him the benefit of the doubt.
3.  We school him on his (fantastically ridiculous) theories. And thereby strengthen our community.
4.  We figure out beyond doubt hes a troll.
5.  We shame him.
6.  We figure out who he is.

Nice.

Damn, and I thought the scrypt.cc ponzi thread was popcorn-worthy, this is pretty good too! Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants
Oh god, as soon as he said "savvy" i knew exactly who wanderlust was... drum roll please... "child_harold"... check the speech patterns

* Wanderlust wanders off

Well-known retarded troll with about 0.5 brain cells but a lot of confidence to make up for it.

Nice. 

This is how we roll.

1.  Troll shows up with a plan.
2.  We give him the benefit of the doubt.
3.  We school him on his (fantastically ridiculous) theories. And thereby strengthen our community.
4.  We figure out beyond doubt hes a troll.
5.  We shame him.
6.  We figure out who he is.

Nice.
Activity: 795
Merit: 514
My point is you guys got nothin' on BCN.  No real evidence. Nothing.

Oh, so you have a point now? I thought you were just "peeling the onion."

Does this mean I was correct all along about you being a troll?

I'm not a f*cking troll!

Oh right. I forgot you mentioned that.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
legendary
Activity: 1105
Merit: 1000
Just like when Monero gets >80% mined in 3 more years there will be not even a potential guarantee that certain people aren't colluding to ruin the unlinkability.

Not to add to or take away from your post, but just for clarification I believe we're talking about removing untraceability, rather than unlinkability.
Activity: 478

* Wanderlust wanders off

legendary
Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001
Gents, let's please avoid furthering the senseless noise brought up by the Inquisitive Troll(TM).
I understand there's places where discussion of the gracious BCN scam artistry is on-topic, just not here.

Re: Translation efforts.
I have posted on the GetMonero forum volunteering towards a Portuguese translation. Would appreciate some help with understanding the translation framework or how to get started (if that's even a possibility at this stage).
The much sought after Chinese translation (and whatever needed funding) could/should be coordinated there as well. Not to take away from the discussion and interest shown by members here though...
G2M
Activity: 280
Activity: 616
Yes buhbye lovie sorry you don't have the capacity to make your point.

If only you had one ... Yes maybe then

OK … one more shot.

1) you're the guy who says Satoshi is a scammer
2) YOU MISSED MY POINT? Really? My point is you guys got nothin' on BCN.  No real evidence. Nothing.

whatever u say about them your whole reason for existing is cause you feel BCN is a scam. A scam that you borrowed code from. And you ritually bash your anonymous patrons. Kinda sick.

If your theory is proven to be correct I apologize in advance.
In the meantime you're just throwing shit around IMO.

1) Yes I am, and I stand behind that. Though I would like to add that my explained stance is "alive scammer or dead hero". Jobs didn't walk away on Jan 24, 1984 and Gates didn't walk away in November 20, 1985.
2) I feel that we have their community, and their reference code, which they decided to open source some point last year around March. In that light, they've got nothing on Monero.

For anyone deciding to press me on this being OT, my current stance on that is that integral to the two points above. Without a story, there's no grey area, so the cn and bcn devs are alive scammers, or dead heroes IMO. We know neither for sure. We don't even know if the people presenting themselves to us are the original developers. Guess we don't really need to ... because ... we're the community they would have had if Monero didn't exist. So, just as Satoshi is on topic on bitcointalk, CN and BCN are on topic for Monero forum, because they are the public source of the inception of Monero. You can disagree w/ me, and I can disagree w/ you, but at the end of it regardless of this being a troll or a legitimately interested person who's bored - if I feel like typing some letters on a keyboard I'm just gonna do it.

People tend to favor active communities with less black and white, hence you see Monero in a much better social and economic situation than its predecessor. Same goes for other CN coins - the ones where the people have been presented with less black and white, and more of a story, more of a grey area, they tend to thrive.

So, logically IMO, if the people who were developing BCN wanted to thrive socially, they would need to present people with grey area. And I'm not talking about some WOW forum on tor story that nobody's gonna believe, I'm talking about not being so distant or weird. Really here would be nice. But then there's that whole story where most of the supply is mined out by now - where the idea that nobody can have all the currency and link tx's doesn't persist because the currency is in circulation.

Just like when Monero gets >80% mined in 3 more years there will be not even a potential guarantee that certain people aren't colluding to ruin the unlinkability. Because the reality is that people successfully purchase 51% of companies all of the time irl - no matter how much the holders believed in that company. But 3 years is a much better timeframe to allow for potential solutions to present themselves.

Don't you see? Crypto has devolved to the point where nobody wants to stay on the same fork anymore, because everyone knows it's not perfect, and it's not gonna be perfect, and it's gonna need so many more hard forks than people can imagine. Too many to hold value. The actual harm in just tossing another chain in the pile is gone, because most people here have come under the impression that when the perfect one does pop out then we'll just fork over to that, or start a new chain, or find a new favorite. The value will move to the most fit - it's designed that way. The people will move the value.

Nobody gives a fuck anymore about this one being some god-given right to monetary transactions, because the reality is that whoever gave it to us is either a scammer or dead, and we're left here to jerk off and piss all over it until value no longer has to protect itself from the deranged or dead.
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116

Screaming generally agreed upon facts doesn't qualify as "analysis" in my opinion, and I would take issue with your statement about no one knowing the history of BCN. We do know the public history for last 15 months or whatever: when it was publicly released,  they released a white paper with a faked creation date, they released a very slow CPU miner with their public release, etc...

who is screaming? And I said nobody here (BCT). Prob should have said "seems to know"

as I mentioned to your fellow community member:

If my statements* are obvious to you it flummoxes me how XMR can call out BCN as a scam as though it were the gospel truth. Far too little is known to make definitive comments one way or the other.

NOBODY HERE KNOWS WHAT THE HELL THE HISTORY OF CN OR BCN IS.
NOBODY HERE KNOWS WHO CREATED CN OR BCN.
NOBODY HERE KNOWS SPECIFIC INFO REGARDING DATES OF LAUNCH FOR EITHER CN OR BCN.
NOBODY HERE KNOWS THE EXACT RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN CN AND BCN DEVS.
BOTH CN AND BCN DEVS REMAIN ANONYMOUS.
WHAT WE DO KNOW IS THAT BCN WAS THE FIRST CN COIN

You are screaming. It is common knowledge that using all capital letters in an online setting is generally considered yelling or screaming:

With the advent of the Bulletin board system, or BBS, and later the Internet, typing messages in all caps became closely identified with "shouting" or attention-seeking behavior, and is considered very rude. As a result, netiquette generally discourages the use of all caps when posting messages online. While all caps can be used as an alternative to rich-text "bolding" for a single word or phrase, to express emphasis, repeated use of all caps can be considered "shouting" or irritating. Its equivalence to shouting traces back to 1984 and traces back to printed typography usage of all capitals to mean shouting.[6] Such poor netiquette has led to a number of employees being laid off for this particular reason.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_caps

Bro, do you even internet?
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
I should have hit the ignore button as soon as he said that they could have kept the coins to prevent the bad guys from gaining control of them. Someone get Madoff's attorney on the phone, I think we found a loophole in logic that could get him an appeal. I call it, "The yacht is keeping your investment secure" defense. If it don't sink, Bernie gets out the clink.
Activity: 225
I see Wanderlust (Blockafeat) has shown his true colors at last.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7QKhfCRlRU

This video is pretty funny, but then you realize the comments are made by sockpuppets registered around the same day, basically the tactic of Bytecoin trolls is to accuse Monero of their own dirty tactics. Some did not even bothered to change nick when registering as administrators of bytecointalk.org, hilarious.

No colours here. Just started getting irritated (the holier-than-thou crap is tiresome). props kazuki btw - i enjoyed ur posts
Jump to: