Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 874. (Read 4670673 times)

legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants

If my statements* are obvious to you it flummoxes me how XMR can call out BCN as a scam as though it were the gospel truth. Far too little is known to make definitive comments one way or the other.

Then I will continue to flummox you because for reasons mentioned again and again and again it is quite obvious to me and many others that BCN is a scam.

Also you are too articulate and evidently intelligent to not be able to see the EXTREMELY reasonable and overwhelming evidence and have even gone so far as to try to make the argument that the premine was a way to protect the users.

Therefore in my opinion, you are a shill.  Thanks for playing.

Oh, have something to say?? Please, let me get that for you: "If you are going to call people just trying to understand CN 'shills' then you are a bad bad man".  Right?

Bullshit.

PS  Dark coin shills will bow down to you if they ever read your shit.
legendary
Activity: 1276
Merit: 1001
Since we're on about quasi religious arguments about you can't be totally 100% certain of A therefore not A is as likely as A...

WHAT WE DO KNOW IS THAT BCN WAS THE FIRST CN COIN[/size].

What makes you think there isn't another, earlier, one still waiting to be discovered on the even deeper web ?
Activity: 225
Merit: 100

Screaming generally agreed upon facts doesn't qualify as "analysis" in my opinion, and I would take issue with your statement about no one knowing the history of BCN. We do know the public history for last 15 months or whatever: when it was publicly released,  they released a white paper with a faked creation date, they released a very slow CPU miner with their public release, etc...

who is screaming? And I said nobody here (BCT). Prob should have said "seems to know"

as I mentioned to your fellow community member:

If my statements* are obvious to you it flummoxes me how XMR can call out BCN as a scam as though it were the gospel truth. Far too little is known to make definitive comments one way or the other.

NOBODY HERE KNOWS WHAT THE HELL THE HISTORY OF CN OR BCN IS.
NOBODY HERE KNOWS WHO CREATED CN OR BCN.
NOBODY HERE KNOWS SPECIFIC INFO REGARDING DATES OF LAUNCH FOR EITHER CN OR BCN.
NOBODY HERE KNOWS THE EXACT RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN CN AND BCN DEVS.
BOTH CN AND BCN DEVS REMAIN ANONYMOUS.
WHAT WE DO KNOW IS THAT BCN WAS THE FIRST CN COIN
Activity: 649
Merit: 500
On the topic of bounties, I am looking for someone to create tutorial videos for Monero.

I'd prefer someone who is somewhat of an established community member.

Tutorials will cover getting started in windows & linux, mining, and secure storage.

Please PM me for more information. We can negotiate pricing for each tutorial. These will be of great use to a lot of newcomers.

If I recall correctly, GingerAle already did some tutorials for getting started. So I would advise to PM him!

GingerAle Tutorials Channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6AgEvNeIFw3fiEzRQ_Yswg

ugh, I need to make a new one. My idiot self didn't check that the compile instructions had changed. " make release-static-64 " is the build command you should use, if anyone's following that rambling video series Smiley

In linux you can hit tab to see what commands/options are available. You could tell users to do that and explain generally what which one does:

For instance, these are the targets now available:
all                   cmake-release         debug-test            release-static        release-static-arm6   release-test         
clean                 debug                 release               release-static-32     release-static-win32  tags                 
cmake-debug           debug-all             release-all           release-static-64     release-static-win64

If you give people general clues like diference between release/debug, static/test , 32/64/win64, etc. The viewer would then be educated to discern what each target means, and even eventual new ones.... or not:  Huh
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
On the topic of bounties, I am looking for someone to create tutorial videos for Monero.

Tutorials will cover getting started in windows & linux, mining, and secure storage.

Please PM me for more information. We can negotiate pricing for each tutorial. These will be of great use to a lot of newcomers.

If I recall correctly, GingerAle already did some tutorials for getting started. So I would advise to PM him!

GingerAle Tutorials Channel

ugh, I need to make a new one. My idiot self didn't check that the compile instructions had changed. " make release-static-64 " is the build command you should use, if anyone's following that rambling video series Smiley
Activity: 649
Merit: 500

GingerAle's Tutorials Channel
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116

Screaming generally agreed upon facts doesn't qualify as "analysis" in my opinion, and I would take issue with your statement about no one knowing the history of BCN. We do know the public history for last 15 months or whatever: when it was publicly released,  they released a white paper with a faked creation date, they released a very slow CPU miner with their public release, etc...
Activity: 768
Merit: 505

I would also say Ginger would be the best to do it, if he got some spare time :p
Activity: 225
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

Activity: 186
Monero

legendary
Activity: 1008
I need your help!

Please email [email protected] and ask them to add Monero

BTC38 is a very important altcoin exchange in China.

Chinese care about privacy but most are not aware of Monero yet.

BTC38 will like our volume. Someone from the dev team should also work with them to make sure they set things up correctly.  Perhaps they would be a good test case for the first exchange to use an integrated address and payment ID

Do you want us to email them in English? I think we would stand more of a chance if, for instance, you emailed them in Chinese.

Agree on the bolded part and I think the devs would certainly help with integrating as long as one of their devs speaks proper english.

PS: Monero is already on there, just not as trading pair -> http://www.btc38.com/altcoin/xmr/

I have emailed them already. Below is their exact response to me

"HI Monero,

We do not have any plan to adding a new coin on our site at this time.

we will pay attention to your coin and  let us see  if your coin is good enough.

Regards

support"

I responded by asking them what we can do to make our coin more attractive and mentioned our current efforts to work on translation etc.

Unfortunately I do not read/write Chinese very well. I am much better at speaking Mandarin.  Therefore I would not be a good person to help accurately translate content. Reading and writing Chinese can be very difficult even after spending time living in China. Speaking is much easier with practice.

Hopefully someone in the community can help do a better job with translations

Otherwise we can start with Google translate (free), then a service like this: http://www.freetranslation.com/en/professional-translation (better)

Transifex sounds like a great service but is sounds like there could be some technical issues to deal with first

What do they mean by good enough?!
I am also a friend of a professional translation, due aminorex offered to translate the text needed.
(repaired your link)

I checked the fees at freetranslation with 100 words you are cleared with $45 including proofread
With 1000 words you have to pay $170
With 5000 words $850

That´s a go for me, with 675XMR at current rate = $363
legendary
I pledge 50 XMR for the chinese translation as well, would make 675 XMR so far. Is there anybody willing to organize this?

As soon as someone comes forward willing to translate we can find a trusted escrow and talk with flyffly about how the new language will be integrated in the current website, also it would be good to have simplewallet translated to chinese.

i would hit that. my chinese is quite good.

Sounds good  Cheesy
Can you give us an example of your translation, or has anybody here read a translated script from aminorex?

I pledge 50 XMR for the chinese translation as well, would make 675 XMR so far. Is there anybody willing to organize this?

As soon as someone comes forward willing to translate we can find a trusted escrow and talk with flyffly about how the new language will be integrated in the current website, also it would be good to have simplewallet translated to chinese.

awesome, I would send the moneroj directly to you.

Let´s use a transparent escrow, i think this is in the interest for all of us  Shocked
Activity: 350
Merit: 250

awesome, I would send the moneroj directly to you.
Activity: 122
I need your help!

Please email [email protected] and ask them to add Monero

BTC38 is a very important altcoin exchange in China.

Chinese care about privacy but most are not aware of Monero yet.

BTC38 will like our volume. Someone from the dev team should also work with them to make sure they set things up correctly.  Perhaps they would be a good test case for the first exchange to use an integrated address and payment ID

Do you want us to email them in English? I think we would stand more of a chance if, for instance, you emailed them in Chinese.

Agree on the bolded part and I think the devs would certainly help with integrating as long as one of their devs speaks proper english.

PS: Monero is already on there, just not as trading pair -> http://www.btc38.com/altcoin/xmr/

I have emailed them already. Below is their exact response to me

"HI Monero,

We do not have any plan to adding a new coin on our site at this time.

we will pay attention to your coin and  let us see  if your coin is good enough.

Regards

support"

I responded by asking them what we can do to make our coin more attractive and mentioned our current efforts to work on translation etc.

Unfortunately I do not read/write Chinese very well. I am much better at speaking Mandarin.  Therefore I would not be a good person to help accurately translate content. Reading and writing Chinese can be very difficult even after spending time living in China. Speaking is much easier with practice.

Hopefully someone in the community can help do a better job with translations

Otherwise we can start with Google translate (free), then a service like this: http://www.freetranslation.com/en/professional-translationm (better)

Transifex sounds like a great service but is sounds like there could be some technical issues to deal with first
Activity: 450
I've just been to see Dope. Anyone seen it? First film to accept Bitcoin as payment? https://uk.yahoo.com/movies/s/dope-become-first-movie-accept-bitcoin-ticket-purchases-142349991.html

It's a good film. Very funny, and should peak interest in crypto since Bitcoin, the Dark Web and untraceable (but traceable!) transactions feature throughout.

Go see it, then tell everyone there about Monero.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas

Activity: 450
On the GetMonero.org website there are quite a few pages under the Knowledge Base tab still needing content. Could these be completed before anyone is recruited to translate? No point paying for translations twice, if you know what I mean.

I'll contribute 25 XMR to this translation fund too. Just PM me when payment is needed.

If you want, you can work on it by yourself. Just submit a pull request -> https://github.com/monero-project/monero-site

I had no idea, but I'd be glad to. Thanks Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141
On the GetMonero.org website there are quite a few pages under the Knowledge Base tab still needing content. Could these be completed before anyone is recruited to translate? No point paying for translations twice, if you know what I mean.

I'll contribute 25 XMR to this translation fund too. Just PM me when payment is needed.

If you want, you can work on it by yourself. Just submit a pull request -> https://github.com/monero-project/monero-site
legendary
also it would be good to have simplewallet translated to chinese.

It does not lend itself to translating at the moment, as there is no i18n (ie, gettext or similar) used for all the strings it outputs. So that would need to be changed first, if translating simplewallet is wanted. And it'd probably pull all the rest of the core code which can send error messages as well.

Agreed, basically speaking, we need the whole Monero environement translated into chinese, with Monero core, simplewallet, getmonero.org, and further documentation.

So i think we have two options
1.) Hiring a chinese translator to do that all at the moment speaking and every 3 months what gets added.
2.) Organize a chinese community and hope they are doing this as long as Monero exists.

Both have their downsides, but in my personal limited opinion, number 1 would be feasible and instant.
What do you guys think?
Jump to: