Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 875. (Read 4670673 times)

legendary
Activity: 1276
Merit: 1001
also it would be good to have simplewallet translated to chinese.

It does not lend itself to translating at the moment, as there is no i18n (ie, gettext or similar) used for all the strings it outputs. So that would need to be changed first, if translating simplewallet is wanted. And it'd probably pull all the rest of the core code which can send error messages as well.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
I pledge 50 XMR for the chinese translation as well, would make 675 XMR so far. Is there anybody willing to organize this?

As soon as someone comes forward willing to translate we can find a trusted escrow and talk with flyffly about how the new language will be integrated in the current website, also it would be good to have simplewallet translated to chinese.
Stole this a bit from the DASH thread, but this could be very useful for XMR as well:

https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/dash/

Small bottleneck though, someone has to add all English things first, but after that people can easily translate it into their own language.

I'm pretty sure they "stole" it from MoneroX first Smiley

https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/MoneroGui-Net/
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
I pledge 50 XMR for the chinese translation as well, would make 675 XMR so far. Is there anybody willing to organize this?
Activity: 450
On the GetMonero.org website there are quite a few pages under the Knowledge Base tab still needing content. Could these be completed before anyone is recruited to translate? No point paying for translations twice, if you know what I mean.

I'll contribute 25 XMR to this translation fund too. Just PM me when payment is needed.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141
Stole this a bit from the DASH thread, but this could be very useful for XMR as well:

Small bottleneck though, someone has to add all English things first, but after that people can easily translate it into their own language.

I like the idea behind transifex, but it could turn out to be too slow. checking the progress bars for the dash project, there is 65% of chinese done after 1.5month. not sure if there is any estimate on how long the rest including the checking will take. since we're targeting a single market right now, getting a translator directly might be the faster option.

I concede that it could turn out too slow and I should revise my comment a bit. It was more meant for translating in general. I agree that for the Chinese part it would be better to getting a direct translator.
Activity: 283
50 more from me for a pool for translations to chinese. Just to get it kickstarted a bit. Once it's more known over there chances are we get some chinese community members to do this voluntarily.

That makes 600.
legendary
Activity: 874
Merit: 1000
monero

I like the idea behind transifex, but it could turn out to be too slow. checking the progress bars for the dash project, there is 65% of chinese done after 1.5month. not sure if there is any estimate on how long the rest including the checking will take. since we're targeting a single market right now, getting a translator directly might be the faster option.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

Activity: 649
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 1442

I'll add 100XMR myself, so we are at 550XMR total? I think Chinese presence in XMR is very valuable, so this should absolutely get done.

Awesome. One of the goals should be to get a stable Chinese language pool operating with decent network connectivity in/out the great firewall of china. Probably best to find some existing reputable Chinese altcoin pool operator to see what they'd need for motivation. It might be as simple as some technical and translation assistance.
Activity: 186
Merit: 100
Monero

I propose to make a bounty for translating getmonero.org into chinese and also make a bounty for forums to announce the translated getmonero.org website.
What do you think about that?
I would start with 100xmr

I will match your 100xmr.

I'll pledge 100XMR too.

I'm pledging 100XMR . That makes 400XMR.

kazuki offered 25XMR too, and I will match that. so we're at 450XMR in total  Smiley

I'll add 100XMR myself, so we are at 550XMR total? I think Chinese presence in XMR is very valuable, so this should absolutely get done.
legendary
Activity: 874
Merit: 1000
monero

I propose to make a bounty for translating getmonero.org into chinese and also make a bounty for forums to announce the translated getmonero.org website.

I'll pledge 100XMR too.

kazuki offered 25XMR too, and I will match that. so we're at 450XMR in total  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1442

I'll pledge 100XMR too.

Activity: 714
Merit: 504
I'd add that the bounty stipulates future translations - i dunno, some number of pages and/or amount of time. getmonero.org needs content.

on the other hand, just having a good starting point helps.

Ideally what we're probably going to need in the future is some kind of dedicated Chinese XMR foundation or community hub that can take care of these things as and when is required - to function self-autonomously or as a satellite of the main XMR foundation.

How do we achieve that? Let's get the main skeleton components translated into Chinese first, and then see if we can't put out feelers for future community leaders who might be willing to get on-board.
legendary
Activity: 1008
I'd add that the bounty stipulates future translations - i dunno, some number of pages and/or amount of time. getmonero.org needs content.

Agreed, whe need some kind of contract with a time frame to keep the homepage updated in the specified language.

I think we have some ideas and some funding, but we need a platform for that. I´ll open a new thread if you like. The organisation of this topic has to be moderated by some one who is trusted, and we have to get the devs on board. I am not good at coding, i am not trusted(yet) in this forum, so who volunteers to this important issue  Cheesy Grin
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

http://cointelegraph.com/news/114648/jon-matonis-the-bitcoin-ecosystem-will-soon-need-a-reference-interest-rate-similar-to-libor

Privacy, which means coins unlinked to identity, is a prerequisite for fungibility. And, fungibility is the cornerstone of any viable payment system. Therefore, governments that are proposing to regulate the way that their national currencies are bought and sold for bitcoin in their jurisdiction must take extra special care in preserving overall Bitcoin fungibility. It becomes incumbent upon them to play a role in maintaining, not harming, Bitcoin's fungibility.

Yes, Jon. I'm sure they will be upstanding stewards. He's doing some serious mental gymnastics here. If the fungibility can be so easily corrupted, then it's not really inherently fungible is it? And as we know
fungibility is the cornerstone of any viable payment system

Fungibility cannot be voluntary.

This is an astonishingly simple tautology, and yet people keep ignoring it.

These people that say Bitcoin is fungible, I dont care who they are, they sound so naive in their arguments it makes me question the entire Bitcoin movement and their ideologies, maybe its just an elaborated pyramid scheme after all, because for sure it is not electronic cash.

edit: at least some are honest about it:

I'll pledge 100XMR too.

add 25 XMR from me.

And finally, who makes the escrow for the bounty -> fluffyponny, smooth?

I think fluffly is our EIC (escrow in chief)  Wink
Activity: 55
Merit: 0

I'll pledge 100XMR too.
legendary
Activity: 1008
I need your help!

Please email [email protected] and ask them to add Monero

BTC38 is a very important altcoin exchange in China.

Chinese care about privacy but most are not aware of Monero yet.

BTC38 will like our volume. Someone from the dev team should also work with them to make sure they set things up correctly.  Perhaps they would be a good test case for the first exchange to use an integrated address and payment ID

Do you want us to email them in English? I think we would stand more of a chance if, for instance, you emailed them in Chinese.

Agree on the bolded part and I think the devs would certainly help with integrating as long as one of their devs speaks proper english.

PS: Monero is already on there, just not as trading pair -> http://www.btc38.com/altcoin/xmr/

It would be very beneficial if some Chinese people would start writing about Monero on Chinese crypto currency websites/forums.  Getting some of the more relevant materials on getmonero.org translated into Chinese would be great as well.

Its a huge market not to be underestimated.

Sounds like a good idea! Perhaps we could ask the person who translated the ANN to translate the website as well? https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/xmr-monero-ring-signatures-604293 & https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/lisalee-253834

Ok guys, that would be 200xmr already.
Firstly: If that, or some other girl/guy does the translation, who will read over the translation to avoid some spelling and wording mistakes due to the translation process?

Secondly: Who organices the translation bounty?

And finally, who makes the escrow for the bounty -> fluffyponny, smooth?
Jump to: