Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 877. (Read 4670673 times)

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141
From reddit:

Experimental: another paper wallet which generates addresses compatible with both MyMonero and Simplewallet

http://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/3auzmn/experimental_another_paper_wallet_which_generates/

PS: NobleSir aka Shen Noether is one of the Monero Research Lab guys -> https://getmonero.org/knowledge-base/people
Activity: 225
Merit: 100
…makes an attacker's job easier BUT ONLY IF the attacker shares info with the major BCN stakeholders or if the attacker is the major BCN stakeholders, correct?

No. Reread where I already explained it.

Really sorry I've lost it in the thread and still dont get this. Could u pls re-post or PM me? thx

I was also hoping for a response to the 2nd statement:

"with ALL CN coins we have to trust that large holders do not conspire to de-anon our tx's". this is true, yes?

But XMR has large stakeholders too.

Not compared to BCN. Only one or two XMR holders have more than 2% of the supply. That's nowhere close to 82%.

Are you shure....
I made a poll how much XMR you own and 6 hit more than 100000. That can also be a million or 2 for early holders  Shocked

2% of the base supply target would be 360k. 100k isn't even close to that. Maybe you could quibble with the numbers but its just realistically nowhere near 80%. (Of course 80% now is absolutely impossible since only about 40% total has been mined, but even 80% of the 40% is just flat out unrealistic.)

sounds good + agree XMR distro much better than BCN but there is no way of knowing and this seems like more educated guesswork.
legendary
Activity: 874
Merit: 1000
monero

Not compared to BCN. Only one or two XMR holders have more than 2% of the supply. That's nowhere close to 82%.

Are you shure....
I made a poll how much XMR you own and 6 hit more than 100000. That can also be a million or 2 for early holders  Shocked

good thing there are no trolls on the internet and people don't tend to lie online...

seriously dude, a poll? you might wanna check the richlist on moneroblocks for a more conclusive answer: http://moneroblocks.eu/richlist  Wink
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

Are you shure....
I made a poll how much XMR you own and 6 hit more than 100000. That can also be a million or 2 for early holders  Shocked

2% of the base supply target would be 360k. 100k isn't even close to that. Maybe you could quibble with the numbers but its just realistically nowhere near 80%. (Of course 80% now is absolutely impossible since only about 40% total has been mined, but even 80% of the 40% is just flat out unrealistic.)
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

Are you shure....
Activity: 795
Merit: 514

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141
Hi guys,

Reposting from Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/3axapc/androidios_client_side_web_client_coming_soon/
Just wanted to let you know I am the process of expanding upon Riccardo's AngularJS based mymonero.com to include Android and iOS.

I am using firebase, so you will be able to login via email and password, github, facebook, google and more. Seed's will be generated in the same way mymonero.com does, and then hashed with the user's password and stored in Firebase. This way you only have to remember a password, and not the whole seed. Similarly, I will never have access to the actual seed or private keys.

I will be using Ionic and cordova/phonegap to build out the android and iOS apps.

The one thing I am still exploring is broadcasting the signed transaction that is done in the client. I don't want to detract from core developer time with this assistance, so if there is any developer who is willing to stand up a server that I can send the signed transactions in JSON, I would appreciate it. Riccardo has already implemented this I believe, but again, I don't want to detract from core developer time.

Thanks guys, and look out for monerowallet.com coming soon!

Seems like a great idea and I appreciate the effort. However, since you have a newbie account, I would advise to let someone reputable check and vouch for the code when it is finished.
legendary

I'm not a f*cking troll! NO troll says shit like "with ALL CN coins we have to trust that large holders do not conspire to de-anon our tx's" or that "The only way to [100%] prevent gov(s)/attacker(s)/whoever(s) buying-in and/or mining in order to de-anon the CN system would be to premine a huge amount and vow to not sell it" (both statements i think r true). I asked decent questions and got good replies. thank you.

So stupid.
The only way to ensure that a decentralized currency retains its privacy feature is to centralize the shit out of it.
Brilliant.

… before somebody else does, right. completely insane.

And I explained to you that it completely doesn't work and makes an attacker's job easier.

Yes it was a reach. Trying to find some way to defend the blatant fraud and obscene greed is a difficult task, so you deserve credit for even trying. Fail though.

…makes an attacker's job easier BUT ONLY IF the attacker shares info with the major BCN stakeholders or if the attacker is the major BCN stakeholders, correct?

No. Reread where I already explained it.

I'm not a f*cking troll! NO troll says shit like "with ALL CN coins we have to trust that large holders do not conspire to de-anon our tx's" or that "The only way to [100%] prevent gov(s)/attacker(s)/whoever(s) buying-in and/or mining in order to de-anon the CN system would be to premine a huge amount and vow to not sell it" (both statements i think r true). I asked decent questions and got good replies. thank you.

So stupid.
The only way to ensure that a decentralized currency retains its privacy feature is to centralize the shit out of it.
Brilliant.

And I explained to you that it completely doesn't work and makes an attacker's job easier.

Yes it was a reach. Trying to find some way to defend the blatant fraud and obscene greed is a difficult task, so you deserve credit for even trying. Fail though.

…makes an attacker's job easier BUT ONLY IF the attacker shares info with the major BCN stakeholders or if the attacker is the major BCN stakeholders, correct? agreed very hard to trust this wont happen. But XMR has large stakeholders too. Ultimately there are no guarantees they will not collude or be coerced, and a small amount of "hope" is still required with other CN coins. Obviously there are varying degrees required.

so the 2nd statement is harder to disregard or not?:
"with ALL CN coins we have to trust that large holders do not conspire to de-anon our tx's". this is true, yes?

nb I am keenly aware that this sounds like a lesson in Crypto-Sophistry 101 and am 95% sure this will be my last post re this subject on this thread. thanks for your patience.

Activity: 16
Merit: 0
Hi guys,

Reposting from Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/3axapc/androidios_client_side_web_client_coming_soon/
Just wanted to let you know I am the process of expanding upon Riccardo's AngularJS based mymonero.com to include Android and iOS.

I am using firebase, so you will be able to login via email and password, github, facebook, google and more. Seed's will be generated in the same way mymonero.com does, and then hashed with the user's password and stored in Firebase. This way you only have to remember a password, and not the whole seed. Similarly, I will never have access to the actual seed or private keys.

I will be using Ionic and cordova/phonegap to build out the android and iOS apps.

The one thing I am still exploring is broadcasting the signed transaction that is done in the client. I don't want to detract from core developer time with this assistance, so if there is any developer who is willing to stand up a server that I can send the signed transactions in JSON, I would appreciate it. Riccardo has already implemented this I believe, but again, I don't want to detract from core developer time.

Thanks guys, and look out for monerowallet.com coming soon!
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
After being our of the Monero game for awhile, I have started to accumulate for the future again. Also do some trading; too easy money to say no to Smiley
legendary
i give him credit for bringing doughnuts into the thread. Yum .

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
i give him credit for bringing doughnuts into the thread. Yum .
legendary

So stupid.
Brilliant.

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Good team play on Europe server too.
I "[XMR] Monero" teamed with "[XMR] Monejito" and "EA".
We ate all the damn Doge.

awe. thats our biggest pool Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
Want privacy? Use Monero!
Do we have a light weight SPV wallets for bitmonero so users can use 32-bit clients?

sdp

IIRC, yes
Try LightWallet: http://getmonero.org/getting-started/choose

Be aware that this reduces your anonymity though...

So stupid.
Brilliant.

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

So stupid.
Brilliant.
[more off-topic discussion]

This thread is about Monero. Your discussion about BCN and its 80% hoard is not. You are now being disrespectful.

Things you can do about it:

0) Start talking about Monero and how great/ungreat it is.
1) Make your own thread about anything you want. Maybe people will join the discussion.
2) Take your discussion to a relevant thread. If nobody wants to engage you, that's not our problem.
3) Delete your current troll account and try again with another, because you aren't fooling anyone.
4) Get a real job.

Has XMR been discussed in the BCN thread? Yes
Am I evn a BCN community member? No

If u dish it out u should be able to take it. My exploration into this topic has caused some irritation (apologies) but is a piddling nothing compared to the crypto earthquakes that bore Monero screaming into life. I mean no disrespect and will wander off from your thread (pls dont make it harder by quoting me)

Having said all that I have pushed the envelope with this one. trying to turn an 80% premine/privatemine scenario into a defence-of-anon argument is a reach, thats for sure. I just wanted to see how close I'd get. One of my take-aways from this experience is that most people seem to think the devs behind CN and BCN are linked, yet those devs remain untrusted and unknown.

I shall take my leave. thanks.

p.s. what's a "job"?  Tongue

bye

sdp
Activity: 469
Merit: 281
Do we have a light weight SPV wallets for bitmonero so users can use 32-bit clients?

sdp
Jump to: