Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 882. (Read 4670673 times)

Activity: 109
Merit: 10
Code:
2015-Jun-21 12:35:33.245248 Initializing cryptonote protocol...
2015-Jun-21 12:35:33.246312 Cryptonote protocol initialized OK
2015-Jun-21 12:35:33.246458 Initializing p2p server...
2015-Jun-21 12:35:33.919206 Set limit-up to 128 kB/s
2015-Jun-21 12:35:33.920365 Set limit-down to 128 kB/s
2015-Jun-21 12:35:33.921370 Set limit to 128 kB/s

Now I understand why it took me 5 days
download the blockchain
but I do not understand why putting limits
if one wanted them did set them alone
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Curious how much monero the core team donations wallet received ?

Now you can look!

With latest git:

./build/release/bin/simplewallet --generate-from-view-key 46BeWrHpwXmHDpDEUmZBWZfoQpdc6HaERCNmx1pEYL2rAcuwufPN9rXHHtyUA4QVy66qeFQkn6sfK8a HYjA3jk3o1Bv16em:e422831985c9205238ef84daf6805526c14d96fd7b059fe68c7ab98e495e5703:/home/user/monero-core-team-donations-watch

refresh

Enjoy Cheesy

awesome! can this already be applied to other sites like safedice for a proof of solvency?

Somewhat. It makes received transactions visible.

So this could be use for periodic proof of solvency as follows: There is a verification account with a public view key, and the reserve coins are regularly moved to that address. At the time of that transaction, it can be seen that the coins exist and immediately after that transaction are in control of the account corresponding to the view key.

But you can't currently monitor a view key address to see if the coins are spent. To do that the account holder needs to publish the key images for any received payments, and then tools need to be created to use those images in a view type wallet to identify spends. Either that or protocol changes.

I wrote up another method of doing proof-of-solvency using just payment IDs a while back. It involves first publishing the hash of a one-time payment ID you are going to use then doing the proof-of-solvency transaction with that payment ID. This proves you are in control of all of the coins moved by that transaction, since no one else could have published the hash before you did the tranasction.

legendary
Activity: 874
Merit: 1000
monero

Now you can look!

With latest git:

./build/release/bin/simplewallet --generate-from-view-key 46BeWrHpwXmHDpDEUmZBWZfoQpdc6HaERCNmx1pEYL2rAcuwufPN9rXHHtyUA4QVy66qeFQkn6sfK8a HYjA3jk3o1Bv16em:e422831985c9205238ef84daf6805526c14d96fd7b059fe68c7ab98e495e5703:/home/user/monero-core-team-donations-watch

refresh

Enjoy Cheesy

awesome! can this already be applied to other sites like safedice for a proof of solvency?

legendary
Activity: 1276
Merit: 1001

Actually, there is one caveat:
The view key will catch all outputs that go to this address, and this includes any change from transactions out this address may have made.
Thus, the final balance is an overestimate due to (1) any transactions out being not seen, and (2) any change from these appearing as a payment.
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
five day to synchronize with lmdb database
very quick
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050
Monero Core Team

Now you can look!

With latest git:

refresh

Enjoy Cheesy

wait wut? I was told a long while back that viewkey would never be working before official wallet.  Huh

is it true?

Wink

There is a steadily growing discrepancy between the constant stream of git commits and the "official" binaries that are over six months old. As a result of this many a Monero naysayer will be in for a rude surprise.

Edit: https://forum.getmonero.org/4/academic-and-technical/303/a-formal-approach-towards-better-hard-fork-management Once this process starts likely in the fall then the reality will sink in.
Activity: 55
Merit: 0

Now you can look!

Nice work - I've got simplewallet crunching away at it right now!
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008
I have to be up in less than 6 hrs but yet I just checked the GitHub.  3 more pull requested were just merged.

All this activity is enough to make The Drooling Masses© drool.
legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959

Now you can look!

With latest git:

refresh

Enjoy Cheesy

wait wut? I was told a long while back that viewkey would never be working before official wallet.  Huh

is it true?

Wink
legendary
Activity: 1276
Merit: 1001

Now you can look!

With latest git:

refresh

Enjoy Cheesy

Activity: 794
Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable

Another domain I have MoneroCharts.com is about to expire. I'm going to let it expire, or first 75 XMR takes it.

Valid TODAY only.

Thanks.

It was 1 XMR a year ago, right?
legendary
Activity: 1498
Selling the following domains.

BetMonero.com
MoneroForum.com
DiceMonero.com

Had plans for some sites that never got around to making.

If anyone knows the bad luck I've run across in the world of BTC knows I can use this $, so consider it a donation   Wink

200 XMR each or
500 for all three.

Maybe can land in some better hands!

MoneroForum.com is sold.
Other 2 still available.

Final Special Offer for Bet Monero and Dice Monero .com:

BetMonero.com - 149 XMR
MoneroForum.com Sold
DiceMonero.com - 149 XMR

Last of the advertising for now. Thanks folks.

On that note, whats with the spectacular dump and bounce back in the market?

Another domain I have MoneroCharts.com is about to expire. I'm going to let it expire, or first 75 XMR takes it.

Valid TODAY only.

Thanks.
Activity: 72
Merit: 2
Problem with wallet download link? Huh
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1094502.new#new

My hope is that it will lead to some good technical exchanges between bright minds in the field, rather than spamalot--we'll see.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
All I want is a new CLEAN page for just to live!
Hi,
On monero.crypto-pool.fr we just implemented the mixing in an original but effective way.
Very interesting. I'm curious why you chose the 150 and 200 values for the payment sweeps.

150 is our average payout goal.
200 can be done in only one spend. If it was 300 it would take 2 spends.

i love crypto-pool and i will continue to use your pool. thanls for everything. Smiley
Activity: 420
Merit: 262
X-post TPTB_need_war thought this was being ignored, though I don't think Fluffy had a chance to read it and it got buried in the thread.

He wants to launch his own coin from scratch, that should tell you.

The substance of his concerns is legitimate and it has been passed on to the mathematicians of MRL who are analyzing it. My intuition is that the probability of the saturation traceability occurring in practice is extremely low and it therefore doesn't matter, but that isn't a reason to dismiss the issue outright, it still needs to be analyzed and if necessary addressed.

my reply:

The substance of his concerns is legitimate and it has been passed on to the mathematicians of MRL who are analyzing it. My intuition is that the probability of the saturation traceability occurring in practice is extremely low and it therefore doesn't matter, but that isn't a reason to dismiss the issue outright, it still needs to be analyzed and if necessary addressed.

Here is the link to my last comments to fluffypony.

Note smooth is only referring the saturation that I had mentioned to him back during the BCX incident. In my recent post, I am also pointing out that the timing of the transactions mixed can lead to degenerate cases of mixes. I suspect he maybe didn't realize I added that point since we last spoke and thus he may be underestimating the likelihood of occurrence. You'll need to ask smooth.

X-post TPTB_need_war thought this was being ignored, though I don't think Fluffy had a chance to read it and it got buried in the thread.

He wants to launch his own coin from scratch, that should tell you.

I didn't say I thought it was being ignored. I said I didn't want to badger them and that I hadn't received any reply in response to an inquiry asking me to comment on the issue. That doesn't mean I assume they are ignoring it. They might be busy working on it. I don't know.

And it is really lame for kazuki49 to be my friend in another thread where I praise Monero and then accuse me of ulterior motives in other thread that I don't normally read and not even PM me.

Of course I don't go around writing nonfactual FUD. You should know that already. Please don't do that again if you are not sure of your ad hominem attack.

If you hadn't noticed, I actually gave a suggestion for how to improve Monero.

Edit: kazuki49 and I reached understanding in private messages.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Hi,
On monero.crypto-pool.fr we just implemented the mixing in an original but effective way.
Very interesting. I'm curious why you chose the 150 and 200 values for the payment sweeps.

Makes sense. Nice work!
Activity: 225
Merit: 100
If (and that's a big IF) different mining groups have mined BCN from the beginning and IF over 100+ individuals hold large amounts of BCN (and not <10) then maybe the origin story doesnt matter.

It is poetic that the anon nature of this beast prevents us from verifying this one way or the other.

Which part of "faked blockchain" are you incapable of understanding? Either your onion-peeling skills suck (along with your reading comprehension), or you're a big fat troll.

The BCN devs hold all of the money. Ring signatures are pretty useless if a single party controls all the outputs. BCN is neither anon nor decentralized for reasons I already commented on, yet you conveniently skipped over.

I also think you're a troll because you're posting all this here (XMR thread). BCN is off topic, so please be respectful take your "inquisitions" to a BCN-specific thread.

To show I'm not a troll and simply being duly diligent I will copy this post (and yours) to the BCN thread.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131
Hi,

Jump to: