Pages:
Author

Topic: [XMR] rpietila Monero Economics thread - page 11. (Read 69980 times)

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029
Sine secretum non libertas
August 23, 2014, 02:15:57 AM
"Blessed is the man who does not walk in the council of the wicked or stand in way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers" --Psalm 1:1
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
August 22, 2014, 02:21:22 PM
Since the speculation thread is closed, can we discuss some of it here?

Oh no. Perhaps you can, but only quality comments please. Smiley

Haha oke! It was not my intention to troll here :p But on topic: strong resistance @ 0.004 zone, need to break that first. I think we will see some panic buying if we break that zone.

EDIT: Aminorex also said that 0.004 was a potential buy zone, because if it would reach there the cup and handle formation would be complete

I was also prophetic saying that 0.002-0.004 was the premier buy zone. I think this was in May I said it, correct me if I'm wrong! Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141
August 22, 2014, 02:05:40 PM
Posted in another topic, also relates to monero:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggB0Wh_g33M&feature=youtu.be&t=24m30s

Antonopoulos about people switch to anonymous currencies if NY regs stick.
legendary
August 22, 2014, 12:42:55 PM

Haha oke! It was not my intention to troll here :p But on topic: strong resistance @ 0.004 zone, need to break that first. I think we will see some panic buying if we break that zone.

EDIT: Aminorex also said that 0.004 was a potential buy zone, because if it would reach there the cup and handle formation would be complete
donator
August 22, 2014, 12:33:55 PM

legendary
August 22, 2014, 12:25:36 PM
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
August 22, 2014, 10:44:03 AM
At given prices (~0.0035) approximately 21000 BTC or at given dollar prices 10 Million $ have to be invested in xmr over the next 12 months to keep the price stable.

Oh you of little math & logic! Smiley

you have to put in the context to the other assumptions Wink

What you are saying, essentially, is that in the course of 12 months, Monero the currency, can only accommodate new buyers by $10 million without the price increasing, potentially a lot.

well glass is half full or half empty - but yes one can see it from this perspective Wink

The inflation has been decreasing from the day 1, the adoption has been increasing, and the price is roughly 15 times higher than in the inception, and about 3 times higher than the Cryptonote Exchange era.

the price development is quite irrelevant, especially from inception. nxt has a price of 3 million times the cap of the inception, obv. there are not as many users compared to the price delopment. given altcoins nature xmrs price devlopment until now is even moderate (which is good)

adoption is what matters - if and really IF this is increasing at a good pace, CONSTANTLY (do you have assumptions how important a constant new influx of users is?) we can take your assumption.

I think the user base is already, compared to other coins quite big. Every rational investors, given inflation design, buys monero as early as possible. For several natural reasons the development of user base is non-constant over time and there is obviously a lot of space for new maybe little less tech savyy user to join us at a later point of time.

I think drawingthesun offered a good mathematical analysis.
donator
August 22, 2014, 10:17:29 AM
At given prices (~0.0035) approximately 21000 BTC or at given dollar prices 10 Million $ have to be invested in xmr over the next 12 months to keep the price stable.

Oh you of little math & logic! Smiley

What you are saying, essentially, is that in the course of 12 months, Monero the currency, can only accommodate new buyers by $10 million without the price increasing, potentially a lot.

The inflation has been decreasing from the day 1, the adoption has been increasing, and the price is roughly 15 times higher than in the inception, and about 3 times higher than the Cryptonote Exchange era.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
August 22, 2014, 10:14:11 AM

Litecoin will require at least $20,000,000 in the same time period to remain where it currently is, and that is after having a cap of over a hundred million $.

If Monero starts getting accepted by the community as the default anonymous coin and as second place to Bitcoin, $10,000,000 to sustain the current price is nothing.

litecoin is out of debate (for me it is overvalued crap, which at best solves the function to be an insurance for a 51% attack on btc or something similiar).

it is just the comparison of xmr and btc.

That makes things more interesting!

Bitcoin requires about $1.8 million per day to sustain its price, If Monero attracted x% of that investment as being the only true alternative to Bitcoin because of its completely different purpose and design, then we could sustain a price of y.

x = 1%, y = 0.0021
x = 5%, y = 0.01

I might have messed up my math {
- sustain bitcoin @ $500 for a year = $650mil
- xmr coins now 2.9 mil - xmr coins in a year 9 mil = 6.1 mil xmr coins.
- get percent of bitcoin investment per year. so 5% = $32mil
- amount @ 5% = $32mil / price of bitcoin @ $500 / amount of XMR coins = y
}

But it seems to work out that if Monero captures 1% of Bitcoin investment, then we are looking at 0.002 which is a disaster, but 5% would be very high at 0.01

I honestly believe that capturing 3% - 5% of the money going into Bitcoin is certainly possible.
August 22, 2014, 10:02:05 AM

Litecoin will require at least $20,000,000 in the same time period to remain where it currently is, and that is after having a cap of over a hundred million $.

If Monero starts getting accepted by the community as the default anonymous coin and as second place to Bitcoin, $10,000,000 to sustain the current price is nothing.

litecoin is out of debate (for me it is overvalued crap, which at best solves the function to be an insurance for a 51% attack on btc or something similiar).

it is just the comparison of xmr and btc.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
August 22, 2014, 09:53:13 AM

August 22, 2014, 09:49:16 AM
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004
August 19, 2014, 04:25:04 PM
Thought I might x-post from Reddit since it is relevant - if you are in NYC you can now pay for psychiatric services with Monero!

http://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/2dum4r/i_am_a_new_york_city_psychiatrist_who_accepts/

anyone who deems an altcoin an investment on grounds of its fundamentals and long-term growth prospects is disproportionately likely to have need of a manhattan psychiatrist (and ability to pay).  i may go there myself.  do they still prescribe quaaludes?

i'm not sure what is the modern-day equivalent to quaaludes, maybe xanax? i don't like either tbh. i'm sure you could get some amphetamines though, for your adult ADD. i enjoyed vyvanse for years but its too habit forming, ahh
Activity: 588
Merit: 504
August 19, 2014, 12:39:02 PM
Thought I might x-post from Reddit since it is relevant - if you are in NYC you can now pay for psychiatric services with Monero!

http://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/2dum4r/i_am_a_new_york_city_psychiatrist_who_accepts/

Shrink finds his perfect demographic. Great news for XMR perma-bulls, they can now get the help they need without being traced through the blockchain

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029
Sine secretum non libertas
August 19, 2014, 08:02:40 AM

anyone who deems an altcoin an investment on grounds of its fundamentals and long-term growth prospects is disproportionately likely to have need of a manhattan psychiatrist (and ability to pay).  i may go there myself.  do they still prescribe quaaludes?
Activity: 293
Merit: 250
August 19, 2014, 03:18:27 AM
Just checking in to say I am very glad monero is holding up so well in this bear market. Gives me confidence in the coin and shows me that the people who have invested are serious about this for the long term. It has some serious potential.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050
Monero Core Team
August 18, 2014, 06:49:34 PM
Chart is poised to repeat the July 13th type of turnaround.  More and more, the buzz I am starting to hear is about XMR displacing DRK and even LTC.  Even some skeptics seem to be commenting on the fundamentals, and in light of the CN controversy and how that is shaking out I am personally putting a bit of money where my mouth is right now.

I'm not an investment guru, but things just look twitchy right here... in a good way.

Obviously, there is far to go (messy code, database, gui, etc) , and the emission is still aggressive, but I feel like we are at a sort of critical tipping point possibly.

If DRK/XMR stays below 1, this is going to get very interesting. https://bitcoinwisdom.com/
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004
August 18, 2014, 06:44:43 PM

legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127
Whimsical Pants
August 18, 2014, 06:27:15 PM
Chart is poised to repeat the July 13th type of turnaround.  More and more, the buzz I am starting to hear is about XMR displacing DRK and even LTC.  Even some skeptics seem to be commenting on the fundamentals, and in light of the CN controversy and how that is shaking out I am personally putting a bit of money where my mouth is right now.

I'm not an investment guru, but things just look twitchy right here... in a good way.

Obviously, there is far to go (messy code, database, gui, etc) , and the emission is still aggressive, but I feel like we are at a sort of critical tipping point possibly.
donator
August 18, 2014, 09:26:13 AM
Technically, I was not talking about a rally but a bottom. Well, it is kind of same thing. But external events (btc) may postpone the actual rally, or cause volatility.
Pages:
Jump to: