Pages:
Author

Topic: XMR-stak-JK 2.10.7 Compiled with no devfee (Updated: 2019-8-18) - page 6. (Read 28564 times)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0
I haven't had time to compile 2.7

Interesting they say its faster but idk

Yes 2.7 faster then xmrig and srb
Activity: 77
Merit: 6
I haven't had time to compile 2.7

Interesting they say its faster but idk
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165
My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?
@JaredKaragen
Can you please compile this for me Smiley i have no clue how to Huh (Windows)
see page 1 for links.
Activity: 1
@JaredKaragen
Can you please compile this for me Smiley i have no clue how to Huh (Windows)
Activity: 9
I have ,but I can't figure it out, sad..
legendary
Help to compile XMR stak 2.7 0% fee, thanks

https://github.com/fireice-uk/xmr-stak

scroll down the readme.md, you will see "How to compile"
Activity: 9
Help to compile XMR stak 2.7 0% fee, thanks
legendary
Can you pls compile it to "tar.gz" and upload? Thx a lot. I would try using it in HiveOS.

I suggest you follow the build instructions for linux;  I am only releasing binaries for windows.

Its much more straightforward to compile on linux, and all you need to do is edit donate-level.cpp for the donate percentage before compiling.
Activity: 2
Can you pls compile it to "tar.gz" and upload? Thx a lot. I would try using it in HiveOS.
legendary
I compiled 2.6 on my own. Its giving me errors on my 580.

I am using blockchain drivers (17.xx) as adrenaline drivers (18.xx) was causing instabilities.

Cheesy

2.6.0 compiled and released.

Let me know if there are any issues.

Same as before, compiled under Cuda 10, i suggest the developer's cuda libraries for older devices as noted in my other posts in this thread.

Enjoy.
I compiled 2.6 on my own. Its giving me errors on my 580.

I am using blockchain drivers (17.xx) as adrenaline drivers (18.xx) was causing instabilities.

Cheesy
legendary
since updating ive been getting these errors on my 580.

24 | AMD Invalid Result GPU ID 0      | 2018-11-19 09:31:03 |

24 times since yesterday! I might revert back to 2.5.2 if it keeps up.

on cryptonight v8

I was about to say;  2.5.2 is the last version I have released;  so what are you using right now if not 2.5.2? lol

24 | AMD Invalid Result GPU ID 0      | 2018-11-19 09:31:03 |

on cryptonight v8

Just revert to (AMD Driver)5.1 or 6.1. Anything above that gives errors.

Cheers!

24 | AMD Invalid Result GPU ID 0      | 2018-11-19 09:31:03 |

on cryptonight v8
legendary
Ok, so I finally got off my ass and went in and optimized my cards for what I could.

Made my previously ~890H/sec machine into a 1296H/sec machine.... no overclocks or any special configs;  Just modifying the threads, etc.  (poolside i'm seeing 1200-1600h/sec, which is the amount I had on cn7;  Which makes me wonder what it would have been on cn7 if i had done this earlier)

http://www.xmrstak.com   has countless user-submitted configs to give you an idea of what you need to do.  Just compare others' settings to see.      It seems that if I attempt a bios mod on the Rx560 I have, I could go up 30% in hashrate;  but I am not the type of user who does this;  even though I know how to accomplish it and have done it to cards before....   Since my business model isn't based around pinching every penny, or the absolute most efficient;  and the fact that this RX card is not my own as it was graciously lent to me by a fellow board member;  I doubt Ill be doing the bios mod....

But I highly suggest letting the autoconfigs happen, note the hashrates per card, then disable all but one and start trimming the values individually and doing tests;  it's worth the 10-30 min spent.   You can get quite a bump like I did from my 1070; went from ~420H/sec to ~588H/sec with very little effort.  I don't think ill tune it to get the highest possible, this was good enough for me.

Can you compile 2.6.0 I would greatly appreciate it

Looks definitely worth doing.

It will be compiled with cuda 10; and the recommended blockchain SDK version from fireice-uk's github instructions.

It could be tomorrow, it could be in a few days.   I have been in and out of it for a bit;  but ill try and get it done.
Activity: 118
Ok, so I finally got off my ass and went in and optimized my cards for what I could.

Made my previously ~890H/sec machine into a 1296H/sec machine.... no overclocks or any special configs;  Just modifying the threads, etc.  (poolside i'm seeing 1200-1600h/sec, which is the amount I had on cn7;  Which makes me wonder what it would have been on cn7 if i had done this earlier)

http://www.xmrstak.com   has countless user-submitted configs to give you an idea of what you need to do.  Just compare others' settings to see.      It seems that if I attempt a bios mod on the Rx560 I have, I could go up 30% in hashrate;  but I am not the type of user who does this;  even though I know how to accomplish it and have done it to cards before....   Since my business model isn't based around pinching every penny, or the absolute most efficient;  and the fact that this RX card is not my own as it was graciously lent to me by a fellow board member;  I doubt Ill be doing the bios mod....

But I highly suggest letting the autoconfigs happen, note the hashrates per card, then disable all but one and start trimming the values individually and doing tests;  it's worth the 10-30 min spent.   You can get quite a bump like I did from my 1070; went from ~420H/sec to ~588H/sec with very little effort.  I don't think ill tune it to get the highest possible, this was good enough for me.

Can you compile 2.6.0 I would greatly appreciate it
I compiled 2.6 already. Its more of an optimization for cnheavy. Didnt notice any difference on my nvidia or amd card on v8 ONLY.
Hello!

Would really appreciate if you found the time to compile the latest 2.6.0 release for us .

Thank you in advance!
legendary

legendary
HEY Nvidia miners!

you should seriously check out CryptoDredge instead of XMR-Stak.

I am mining Loki (CN-heavy) with 1070s and I honestly get 20% more hahs rate. I am not the dev or getting paid or anything -  I just think you should check it out.

I know that the memory size was not the focus of the CNv8 changes...  Its all about creating functions that will overwhelm FPGA timing and circuit design... for starts....  Its a complex animal to get into.

But my main purpose for releasing/compiling and pushing xmr-stak specifically:  
1) Ive been trying to keep a no devfee miner app available specifically for monero.
2) I understand the code;  the cpp files and their uses.  I have edited them enough now over enough releases;  I get it.  Finally.
3) The source is 100% open and free.
4) less "fluff" associated with having many algos and functions that 99% of people wont use.  Most people who mine CN coins, only mine CN coins.... and would prefer a more optimized app for all of the the others individually.

I can see what angle you are coming from;  but I think you are missing the fact that you can use a cuda 8.0 library when compiling (or replacing my cuda 10 .dll from a separate compilation as I have mentioned in previous posts) and then you would not have to worry about the limits associated with cuda 10.  In response to your other post in another thread (i research shills in this thread before deleting, and you cut it under the wire Wink:  The drivers are cuda backwards compatible (for game compatibility sake in the future for starts) and updating the driver;  is a good thing.  I have yet to have any issues with my 1070 or 1080.  
Only with one game, and one driver version did I have to rollback;  but that was only temporary until the game fixed its bug.

I do 100% understand the power limit you want to set for yourself;  but many people don't set mining limits just based on individual coin power draws;  if they aren't mining to sell immediately.

The official release from githib has: xmrstak_cuda_backend.dll    Just rename it to xmrstak_cuda_backend_9_2.dll and plop it into the folder with my release next to, or in place of my DLL.  See what it does.   Also;  you can just try replacing the file altogether: xmrstak_cuda_backend.dll and it shouldn't have cuda10 libs at the point.     I believe it chooses the cuda DLL based on what driver you have installed;  so if it still tries to load under cuda10 even though you added the cuda8/9 dll's, just replace the file instead of adding along side and it will force it.    I have it added alongside in my personal rigs so that my older generation cards can work alongside my current gen cards in the same machines.
Pages:
Jump to: