Pages:
Author

Topic: XMR vs DRK - page 6. (Read 69755 times)

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
April 06, 2015, 05:07:54 PM
People who are motivated by solving a problem or creating something new usually achieve wealth as a byproduct not as a intended goal. And people who pursue wealth without merit usually get neither.

Well-said

And what about those who are both, motivated by solving a problem and getting rich while doing it? Is that allowed? Or is the only honorable way of running these projects that the devs should be poor and work their asses off to make the "investors" rich?

Are these companies? Or are these cryptocurrencies? The point is decentralization, so the makers aren't the ones that mostly benefit. Satoshi's coins have never even been moved once since they were mined, aside from the few coins he gave right after Bitcoin was launched as tests to hal finney and a few others.

The problem with people like you is that you solely think of these cryptocurencies like centralized companies and looking at your posts, you only value them as pennystock-like entities to earn you profit by pumping and dumping.  You also support developers that premine or dishonestly instamine because it gives "motivation" work more, while destroying any integrity the cryptpcurrency had. You shouldn't even be here if you have that kind of thinking, that isn't what Bitcoin or cryptocurrencies in general are about.

And how exactly "decentralization" is in contradiction with the one who is creating all the value being allowed to benefit from it?

The problem with people like you is straw men, red herrings, non sequiturs, ad nauseams, and now ad hominems.

That's the whole problem. As your former developer Vertoe said, having 1 person make all the decisions and subsequently all the value is Centralization, of which you obviously don't care about. So why are you here? If all you care about is making money off the cryptocurrencies and absolutely nothing else, don't even bother typing on this forum. Making money is great, but that shouldn't be the sole reason to be here, you should want the technology and coin to succeed, get used widely, have less volatility in the long run, etc, not just look forward to the various pumps and dumps that come along(And is one of the main reasons Bitcoin is hardly used as a currency).

Having a main dev makes a coin centralized? If the community is not happy how things are being done, they can always take over. Hasn't happened yet though.

Btw, just because someone has profited shitload more than you doesn't mean that's the only thing they care about.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
eidoo wallet
April 06, 2015, 04:41:19 PM
People who are motivated by solving a problem or creating something new usually achieve wealth as a byproduct not as a intended goal. And people who pursue wealth without merit usually get neither.

Well-said

And what about those who are both, motivated by solving a problem and getting rich while doing it? Is that allowed? Or is the only honorable way of running these projects that the devs should be poor and work their asses off to make the "investors" rich?

Are these companies? Or are these cryptocurrencies? The point is decentralization, so the makers aren't the ones that mostly benefit. Satoshi's coins have never even been moved once since they were mined, aside from the few coins he gave right after Bitcoin was launched as tests to hal finney and a few others.

The problem with people like you is that you solely think of these cryptocurencies like centralized companies and looking at your posts, you only value them as pennystock-like entities to earn you profit by pumping and dumping.  You also support developers that premine or dishonestly instamine because it gives "motivation" work more, while destroying any integrity the cryptpcurrency had. You shouldn't even be here if you have that kind of thinking, that isn't what Bitcoin or cryptocurrencies in general are about.

And how exactly "decentralization" is in contradiction with the one who is creating all the value being allowed to benefit from it?

The problem with people like you is straw men, red herrings, non sequiturs, ad nauseams, and now ad hominems.

That's the whole problem. As your former developer Vertoe said, having 1 person make all the decisions and subsequently all the value is Centralization as shown in Dash/drk, of which you obviously don't care about. So why are you here? If all you care about is making money off the cryptocurrencies and absolutely nothing else, don't even bother typing on this forum. Making money is great, but that shouldn't be the sole reason to be here, you should want the technology and coin to succeed, get used widely, have less volatility in the long run, etc, not just look forward to the various pumps and dumps that come along(And is one of the main reasons even Bitcoin is hardly used as a currency).
April 06, 2015, 04:38:26 PM

Well-said

legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
April 06, 2015, 04:12:55 PM

Well-said

Key words you glossed over, "without merit" in quoted text and "leadership" in OP. I assume Evan with his instamine, "it was an accident" story and then adopting new names to cover-up the fiasco is one of the Ron L Hubbard type who wants to bamboozle the world with vaporware, and is not one of the Elon Musk type who wants to better it through innovation.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
eidoo wallet
April 06, 2015, 04:08:13 PM

Well-said

April 06, 2015, 03:55:55 PM

Well-said

Activity: 644
Merit: 502
April 06, 2015, 03:47:01 PM

Well-said and exactly what S. Sinek gets at in this TED Talk:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sioZd3AxmnE (Seek to 8:15 to hear the story I am mentioning)

He uses the example of the Wright Brothers versus Samuel Pierpont Langley in the race to achieve the first powered flight.

Langley was well-funded, sponsored, and was basically in it for the fame and money.

Orville and Wilbur, pn the other hand, were passionate about flying and their fame and wealth came as a result of their acheivements.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288
April 06, 2015, 03:20:39 PM
RIP XMR, wish u all the best... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

XMR gained more value or lost less than DRK in the last 7 and 30 days.

Does this mean this DRK scamcoin is finally dead?  Grin

I think both are doing quite well.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
April 06, 2015, 02:27:16 PM
^ do you realize vertoe made that post after the price had doubled after he had dumped? Often it doesn't even take that much of butt hurt to make a man bitter.

Yes his posts were do to being butthurt just like you were butthurt from getting boned on the instamine. Oh wait?

Sky is blue, trains go fast, therefor banana is yellow. Oh wait?  Huh

No wonder you a fanboi, your incapable of correlation.

If you're trying to say something, just say it. Don't waste my time on your trolling strategies.

I already said it, if your incapable of grasping it then that is your own failure.

There was a hefty amount of butt hurt in vertoe's post, he felt he wasn't appreciated enough for his development efforts, and after he dumped the price went quite quickly from 0.01 to 0.024.

There is zero butt hurt on my part as I managed to mine and buy cheap coins just fine.

If there is something else you don't understand don't hesitate to ask.

Your Hypocrisy is only outweighed by your deterministic assumption of knowing his state of mind.

Well you could always assume he hates money and doesn't enjoy his work being appreciated. Could be possible of course.

It's not a matter of hating money, it's a matter of money not being your motivation. Think of Zuckerberg uploading a music app for free when Microsoft wanted to buy it. Personally, I'd rather have someone whose objective is creating something rather than profit working on an opensource project--especially when greedy leadership is easily identifiable by their minions and the people who support them.

This is why I tend to avoid projects where the faithful are preoccupied with monetary gain--always touting profit, or assuming those who didn't get rich quick are butthurt. People who are motivated by solving a problem or creating something new usually achieve wealth as a byproduct not as a intended goal. And people who pursue wealth without merit usually get neither.
April 06, 2015, 02:07:52 PM
^ do you realize vertoe made that post after the price had doubled after he had dumped? Often it doesn't even take that much of butt hurt to make a man bitter.

Yes his posts were do to being butthurt just like you were butthurt from getting boned on the instamine. Oh wait?

Sky is blue, trains go fast, therefor banana is yellow. Oh wait?  Huh

If you're trying to say something, just say it. Don't waste my time on your trolling strategies.

I already said it, if your incapable of grasping it then that is your own failure.

There was a hefty amount of butt hurt in vertoe's post, he felt he wasn't appreciated enough for his development efforts, and after he dumped the price went quite quickly from 0.01 to 0.024.

There is zero butt hurt on my part as I managed to mine and buy cheap coins just fine.

Your Hypocrisy is only outweighed by your deterministic assumption of knowing his state of mind.

Well you could always assume he hates money and doesn't enjoy his work being appreciated. Could be possible of course.
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
April 06, 2015, 01:56:40 PM

April 06, 2015, 01:49:36 PM

legendary
April 06, 2015, 01:40:29 PM

April 06, 2015, 01:17:44 PM

legendary
April 06, 2015, 01:11:35 PM

April 06, 2015, 01:03:27 PM

April 06, 2015, 12:58:25 PM

march 29, DASH is at ~0.019, it was still high at that time

You write words and numbers, and it's like you're trying to somehow respond to what I wrote. But it doesn't make any sense.
legendary
April 06, 2015, 12:45:14 PM

legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059
April 06, 2015, 06:50:56 AM

march 29, DASH is at ~0.019, it was still high at that time
Activity: 108
Merit: 10
April 06, 2015, 05:56:48 AM
RIP XMR, wish u all the best... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
I suspect that you are too hasty.
Pages:
Jump to: