Pages:
Author

Topic: XMR vs DRK - page 70. (Read 69755 times)

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
March 24, 2015, 05:51:18 PM

None of this proves it was not an accident, but given the fairly strong circumstantial case, I'm going to not only stay away, but advise other people to stay away.

Yes you seem to be devoting quite some time to this. How noble!

Thank you.

What other benevolent work do you do? Amnesty? Oxfam?

None of your damn business
alz
Activity: 227
Merit: 100
March 24, 2015, 05:50:54 PM
Now we know it, thx to your own goal - Darkcoin is a government scam.

Darkcoin = NSA coin

Is it true ?

Hilarious!  Grin Grin Grin

You do realise this is a PUBLIC forum and your output is laid bare for all to see?

Evan came up with x11 and it was absolutely revolutionary and as such has been widely used and cloned into x13 ,x15 ect

there has been no credible evidence presented that it is insecure in any way.

Evan D is totally out in the open his picture and personal info is in the public domain.
How about you Mr Smooth?  care to come out from behind your shadowy pseudonym?
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
March 24, 2015, 05:50:07 PM
Lol; keccak is not the proof of work function, cryptonight is - and DARKCOIN USES KECCAK IN X11 YOU .....

Hehe, well, since it's a quote from wikipedia I figured "cryptonight" is some kind of misconception. If not - fine.
My goal is not to prove that Monero is a government hoax, but since Monero is based on Bytecoin - which has evil written all over it - it seems like people would need to hear the background details before jumping on to your (Monero investors) advertisement.

That. And also, Im a Dash fanboy, its simply the real deal. Much fun, instant transactions and coin scrambling. Smiley
legendary
March 24, 2015, 05:45:56 PM
The way I see it there is no completely perfect solution to the problem of how to handle decentralised trustless value transfer systems.

On one hand you have XMR and all the other countless cryptonote clone coins which while an interesting experiment into anonymity have proven over the last year or so to be unworkable as mass adoption value transfer systems.
the main stumbling blocks of the Cryptonote clones is is the blockchain bloat that completely rules out mass adoption. if XMR had BTC levels of usage the blockchain bloat would render it unusable overnight.
The second problem is that the ring signatures are exploitable under certain circumstances so the likelihood of serious development taking place to find a solution to the bloat issue is severely reduced.
Why would any professional developer spend the required time to fix the bloat issue if there are other fundamental issues regarding the anonymity provided by the ring signature system?
the final nail in the coffin for mass adoption of cryptonote derived coins is the fact that mercant adoption is hapered significantly by the fact that the API is incompatible platforms developed for BTC, this means that to implement XMP payments a whole new payment platform would have to developed and tested which a huge an potentially disastrous proposition.

DRK/DASH on the other hand has none of the above issues and has the huge benefit of the 2 tier masternode system which is already nearly a year old and provides Instant transactions world leading levels of anonimization and the potential to support future services.

To all newbies:

This is how you know Monero is a scam - the dev's don't spend any time on developing and instead are trying to troll people to *convince* them to sell the competition and buy mooneros.

Just look at the github, once a month maybe they add a line of code or fix a word list, and they still don't have a GUI?

https://github.com/iamsmooth/bitmonero/commits/master

Drk has added second tier (meaning home user's wallets can be masternodes, not centralized) plus instant transactions plus totally unique anonymity, what the hell has XMR done apart from marketing? 

And if you ask the devs about the lack of commits on the github they say things like they were there but  'I'm not sure where they all went' https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10866344

he-looooo?

You're being dishonest now. I told you earlier: 1. there is a search problem on github that doesn't show most of my commits (you can however find them if you go through the main list on the project page-by-page, or use the command line tools) and 2. that I'm not the one doing most of the coding.

Furthermore if you follow the project at all you would know that the GUI isn't even at the top of our development priorities. http://getmonero.org/design-goals/

You would also know that there are five GUI wallets.

sorry I never saw you say that your missing commits were a 'search problem on github'. The message I saw you said 'I'm not sure where they all went'. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10866344

But the you can prove me wrong now with a link to your comment, and the 'missing' commits?

No thank you. I'll just let you repeat that embarrassing evidence of incompetence and willingness to repeat something even after it has been pointed out as incorrect on your part for a while, then maybe.

i'll just let you keep saying i'm dishonest, then when I ask you to prove what you are saying, you say 'No thank you'. Smiley

You're on notice (for the second time), so if you repeat it again you are being dishonest again. There are more commits. I'm not the one doing most of the coding. Maybe you should learn a little about how git works if you want to play investigative reporter.

lol, you NEVER SAID that. so YOU ARE DISHONEST.

or post a link to where you said it?  What happens now, my post get's deleted?Huh

you are approaching Alex Green Moolah scam level. (in slimeyness terms)

ffs

If you understand how git works you would know it is impossible for old commits to be removed (hint it works somewhat like a blockchain) so "where they went" can only mean that the search isn't finding them, or they didn't exist and I just fabricated them. I'm not responsible if you don't understand git but want to act like you do.

You decide which rabbit hole you want to go down next.
legendary
March 24, 2015, 05:43:51 PM

Darkcoin = NSA coin

Is it true ?
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
March 24, 2015, 05:41:25 PM
Lol; keccak is not the proof of work function, cryptonight is - and DARKCOIN USES KECCAK IN X11 YOU .....

LOL @ "own goal"
legendary
March 24, 2015, 05:40:28 PM
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
March 24, 2015, 05:40:12 PM
There is no liquidity issue with a currency that is divisible to 8 decimal places!

not sure you know what that word means
legendary
March 24, 2015, 05:39:41 PM

*Evan and the other devs managed to get anon working a few months later.

That's not true.

gmaxwell, inventor of coinjoin, says Dark's implementation of his anon scheme is broken.

He was offered money not to fix the problem but just to lend his name/reputation to THE DARKCOIN FOUNDATION, INC.

He said GYF and DIAF.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
March 24, 2015, 05:37:15 PM
Activity: 392
Merit: 255
March 24, 2015, 05:35:14 PM
The way I see it there is no completely perfect solution to the problem of how to handle decentralised trustless value transfer systems.

On one hand you have XMR and all the other countless cryptonote clone coins which while an interesting experiment into anonymity have proven over the last year or so to be unworkable as mass adoption value transfer systems.
the main stumbling blocks of the Cryptonote clones is is the blockchain bloat that completely rules out mass adoption. if XMR had BTC levels of usage the blockchain bloat would render it unusable overnight.
The second problem is that the ring signatures are exploitable under certain circumstances so the likelihood of serious development taking place to find a solution to the bloat issue is severely reduced.
Why would any professional developer spend the required time to fix the bloat issue if there are other fundamental issues regarding the anonymity provided by the ring signature system?
the final nail in the coffin for mass adoption of cryptonote derived coins is the fact that mercant adoption is hapered significantly by the fact that the API is incompatible platforms developed for BTC, this means that to implement XMP payments a whole new payment platform would have to developed and tested which a huge an potentially disastrous proposition.

DRK/DASH on the other hand has none of the above issues and has the huge benefit of the 2 tier masternode system which is already nearly a year old and provides Instant transactions world leading levels of anonimization and the potential to support future services.

To all newbies:

This is how you know Monero is a scam - the dev's don't spend any time on developing and instead are trying to troll people to *convince* them to sell the competition and buy mooneros.

Just look at the github, once a month maybe they add a line of code or fix a word list, and they still don't have a GUI?

Drk has added second tier (meaning home user's wallets can be masternodes, not centralized) plus instant transactions plus totally unique anonymity, what the hell has XMR done apart from marketing?  

And if you ask the devs about the lack of commits on the github they say things like they were there but  'I'm not sure where they all went' https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10866344

he-looooo?

You're being dishonest now. I told you earlier: 1. there is a search problem on github that doesn't show most of my commits (you can however find them if you go through the main list on the project page-by-page, or use the command line tools) and 2. that I'm not the one doing most of the coding.

Furthermore if you follow the project at all you would know that the GUI isn't even at the top of our development priorities. http://getmonero.org/design-goals/

sorry I never saw you say that your missing commits were a 'search problem on github'. The message I saw you said 'I'm not sure where they all went'. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10866344

But the you can prove me wrong now with a link to your comment, and the 'missing' commits?

No thank you. I'll just let you repeat that embarrassing evidence of incompetence and willingness to repeat something even after it has been pointed out as incorrect on your part for a while, then maybe.

i'll just let you keep saying i'm dishonest, then when I ask you to prove what you are saying, you say 'No thank you'. Smiley

You're on notice (for the second time), so if you repeat it again you are being dishonest again. There are more commits. I'm not the one doing most of the coding. Maybe you should learn a little about how git works if you want to play investigative reporter.

lol, you NEVER SAID that. so YOU ARE DISHONEST.

or post a link to where you said it?  What happens now, my post get's deleted?Huh

you are approaching Alex Green Moolah scam level. (in slimeyness terms)

ffs
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
March 24, 2015, 05:32:27 PM
Look at it this way:

*Darkcoin appeared early 2014, no other coin or developer (with the exception of darkwallet for bitcoin) was even trying to achieve anonymity.

*Evan and the other devs managed to get anon working a few months later.

*In May 2014 people realized the value of anonymity, price exploded. Pretty much the exact time that Darkcoin rise in value, an unknown coin(Bytecoin) and CryptoNote technology appears. They claim to have been active in the darknet since 2012(!!) yet the blockchain is smaller than monero's.

*The CryptoNote technology is highly sophisticated, and people speculate that it can have connections to NSA:

"Keccak hash has been chosen as a proof-of-work function in CryptoNote several months before it has been announced as SHA-3 hash function competition winner.

Using non-deterministic random in CryptoNote signatures might be a backdoor intentionally left by NSA in reference implementation."
(from wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CryptoNote)

Since the release of Bytecoin/CryptoNote, many shitcoin-clones appeared. Compared to the developement Darkcoin has undergone, Monero is still just a clone.

Summary:

Since CryptoNote is developed by some strange, obscure group of people, there might be some backdoor: "Using non-deterministic random in CryptoNote signatures might be a backdoor intentionally left by NSA in reference implementation."

Darkcoin distribution is ultimately of no significance since it wasn't even anonymous at launch. There was no incentive for potential instaminers to hold their share.

All coins have more or less the same level of distribution:

Bitcoin Top 100 addresses own: 20.07% of total supply
Litecoin Top 100 addresses own: 45.37% of total supply
Darkcoin Top 100 addresses own:  27.52% of total supply
Dogecoin Top 100 addresses own: 43.25% of total supply

https://bitinfocharts.com/
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
March 24, 2015, 05:29:43 PM
Monero folks decided not to touch the emission curve while it was discussed for long period (I was against keeping emission like it is now personally).
The main argument was, it creates people trust not to change the emission.

Did you Darkcoin change the emission?

I have to admit their pump is impressive (after all, it is approaching LTC), however I am doubtful if it will last. In crypto there are sudden pumps followed by bloody dumps. Some time ago Auroracoin costed some serious money and now it is crab.
The pump costs a lot of money and if there is no network effect, the money is wasted. However, pumps potentially creates network effects and Dark has now its momentum. We will see if it will last.

I am not so technical so I am not that interested in if coin is premine/instamine etc as long as there is at least some kind of development going on or people in the world that know how to develope a coin. I do not call instamines scams necessarily (Monero is kind of instamine but much slower phase than some other coins).

I am DRK virgin myself and not going to buy a coin that I am not used to own or a coin that has some serious scam alerts/trolling all around.
Monero sure had its trolling but it was mainly focused on Risto's personality and his taste of cigars.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
March 24, 2015, 05:29:09 PM

No thank you. I'll just let you repeat that embarrassing evidence of incompetence on your part for a while, then maybe.

on the subject of "embarrassing evidence" should you not be spending more time developing XMR?
Hardly looks good that you spend so much time shit stirring on here.

I do both, but in any case that's none of your business since I work entirely as a volunteer and you don't have any standing to specify my activities. If I want to volunteer getting accurate information out about the project instead of coding there is no reason that I shouldn't.

other than it makes you look like a bitter, twisted fuck

Translation:  "Boo-hoo, someone wrote something on the internet that hurt my feelings!"   Cry   Cry   Cry

Do you really think that? How cute.
legendary
March 24, 2015, 05:27:19 PM

No thank you. I'll just let you repeat that embarrassing evidence of incompetence on your part for a while, then maybe.

on the subject of "embarrassing evidence" should you not be spending more time developing XMR?

I do both, but in any case that's none of your business since I work entirely as a volunteer and you don't have any standing to specify my activities. If I want to volunteer getting accurate information out about the project instead of coding there is no reason that I shouldn't.

Translation:  "Boo-hoo, someone wrote something on the internet that hurt my feelings!"   Cry   Cry   Cry
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
March 24, 2015, 05:24:41 PM

Says the lying dude, awesome - drk style.

what lies did i tell?
Activity: 504
eidoo wallet
March 24, 2015, 05:24:36 PM
Activity: 532
March 24, 2015, 05:23:18 PM
On XMR vs DRK, both are interesting coins. The big difference for me is that DRK is working & scalable RIGHT NOW whereas XMR is more like an experiment. The market appears to agree.

I can use Monero with mixins (aka anonymous) on mobilephones; on a webbrowser, with a normal wallet - all instant - i can't use darkcoin except with the crappy bitcoin qt wallet which makes me to waste hours to "premix" the crap - that you call working?

Narrowmindness is the only thing that stops you from being able to use Monero.

Says the lying dude, awesome - drk style.
legendary
March 24, 2015, 05:23:12 PM

To all newbies:

And if you ask the devs about the lack of commits on the github they say things like they were there but  'I'm not sure where they all went' https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10866344

he-looooo?

legendary
March 24, 2015, 05:20:32 PM

Pages:
Jump to: