Pages:
Author

Topic: XMR/AEON Developer Smooth Investigation - page 23. (Read 20921 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
August 12, 2015, 06:13:40 PM
This is the start of a thread where I will collate various research to enable us to document / investigate on the prolific trolling, attacking, and apparent insider dealing activities of the Monero/Aeon core dev known as Smooth (real identity unknown).

UPDATE 14th Aug 2015:
--------------------------------------------
In an aparent 'revenge attack' for my making a thread to look into Smooth's prolific attacks on his competitors and questions about potential conflict of interest in him building up a small competitor (Aeon) to his main coin (xmr), Smooth has now ramped up his attacks on Dash and has committed to leaving a 'warning' message on the main Dash thread each day, until the 'media' agreed to his demands:

The following message was drafted by generalizethis and submitted for open review and modification by Dash community member blockafett/blobafett2, or others, who did not offer any proposal for changes, and is therefore is considered a collaboratively-constructed fair disclosure statement.

public service announcement

Dash (formerly xcoin and darkcoin) had a significant fastmine over the first 48 hours of its existence (~2 million coins). These facts should not be glossed over by those seeking a fairly launched coin, so until the dash media reflects these facts, this warning will be posted every 24 hours on the BCT dash thread. This warning will not be posted when the media reflects these facts. For those seeking more information Monero Developer Smooth has created a thread with the pertinent facts: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/why-the-darkcoindashdashpay-instamine-matters-999886

It's also entirely false that I was involved in drafting that message (lol) and I never received any content for 'open review and modification'.

My response on the Dash thread:

Smooth/Icebreaker's goal is obviously to just keep repeating the same scam accusations in the hope some of it will stick which they have been trying for months now.  They are always taking about Dash (instead of Monero / Aeon) and as investors in a competitor their aspiration is to raise their valuation to 'be like Dash' by trying to turn the conversation here to the only issue they thought they could make a big deal out of, and make sure everyone keeps talking about that.

The fact that the Dash community and market came to a consensus on this 18 months ago and the team have been delivering market-leading features consistently since in a totally professional and ethical manner doesn't seem to matter to them and they obviously have no respect for the Dash community.

But it hasn't worked and Dash is still a leading top 5 alt with a strong community and a massive game-changing release around the corner, so now they are ramping it up by committing to post (lol) daily 'warning' messages here for users and hold the community hostage until the 'media' starts to 'accept' their financially-biased opinions, in other words, they are going full-tard.

I am documenting Smooth's attack activities (for all the competitors not just Dash) on this thread along with his latest insider-dealings between AEON/XMR: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/xmraeon-developer-smooth-investigation-1151565
-------------------------------------------

About this investigation thread:

The reason for me to care to start this today was Smooth's current spamming of the Dash thread (with 28 posts of the same repeated scam accusation just in one day), essentially destroying the existing conversation there about the usual Dash topics / coming V12 release etc.

I have observed Smooth over many months and it is my opinion that he is in total conflict of interest as well as probably the most unprofessional and unethical dev I have seen on BCT with going around attacking his competitors without disclosing his position to benefit financially from that, also manipulating different cryptonote projects to position himself to profit such as his recent takeover of AEON, amongst other sketchy activities, and i am creating this thread as a starting point to see what information can be put together to investigate this person.

To start off, here is an example of the kind of unethical behaviour Smooth is doing - 50 posts just today attacking his competition and only 3 posts on the coins he is developing himself, without once admitting his absolute conflict of interest, as the core dev of a direct competitor:

Example Day of forum attacks by Smooth (today, 12th Aug 2015)

Attacking his competitors:

Dash thread: 28 posts (competing with the anon feature)
Vanilla threads: 20 posts (competing for Poloniex volume)
Bytecoin thread: 4 posts (competing "Anon coin")

Posting on his own threads:

AEON: 3 posts
Monero: 0 posts

Smooth's competitors attacking his coins on any threads:

Dash devs: 0 posts
Vanilla devs: 0 posts
Bytecoin devs: 0 posts

And here is from when Smooth was spamming the Dash thread today and my reply with the current info I see problems with with what Smooth is doing that has a big conflict of interest (apart from trolling his competitors which obviously looks like he is trying to remove investors to own schemes)

The funny thing is, Smooth the Monero core-dev has now personally taken over Aeon development, a tiny-marketcap competitor to Monero with the same the Bytecoin features / codebase, and has acquired at least 2.5% of the supply, has done 2 releases in the last month, is working on a GUI, his OP is advertising AEON as "the next generation of anonymous cryptocurrency" with no mention of his Monero involvement, and AEON market cap is gaining fast with 4x the volume of Monero on Bittrex[/url] - while Monero hasn't released anything for 9 months.  Oh, and he spends the other half of his day providing unbiased "investment advice" to sell Dash and buy Monero (and now AEON Cheesy)

From an ethical perspective, here is a dev of one coin, taking over a smaller competitor and using his position from Monero to pump the price of AEON which he owns a huge stake in (as well as try to crash the threads of his larger competitors to disrupt their functioning and slander them for being scams).  

So what happens as AEON market cap grows closer to Moneros, and investors realize the Monero dev is doing more work on AEON than Monero, and they have the same features or AEON starts to get ahead?  And nothing is being mentioned on the Monero thread or the AEON OP, and the Monero community seems happy with this!!!  Huh

Then a later reply I made to Smooth again on the Dash thread:

...What I'm "up to" is I don't like unethical conduct...If this disgrace of a coin from the start didn't give me so much to criticize, I wouldn't be here criticizing it....

Unethical conduct FYI:

1. Spamming your competitors threads and repeating 1000 of times the same accusations of fraud taking place for months, without a single disclosure that with your Monero holdings, you stand to gain financially if people follow your investment advice and sell your competitors (and by implication buy your coin as the only alternative)

2. Claiming to be a developer of Monero when you are doing zero Monero development and instead using that title as a backdrop for the dozens of posts per day you are making to attack and bully your competition

3. Taking over development and acquiring a large stake in a smaller competitor (AEON) so you have investment in 2 competing interests of which you are centrally involved in both, in total conflict of interest

4. Disclosing nothing to your Monero community about your new investment and work in AEON meaning that they don't even have the opportunity to divest.  I guess that news comes later once the AEON market cap is a lot higher.

5. Not mentioning anywhere in the Aeon OP that you are a Monero dev with a potential conflict of interest in controlling 2 competing investments, zero full disclosure to investors of your real interests.

...ad nauseam

List of Smooth's development as a 'Core developer' of Monero since the project started:

https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero/commits?author=iamsmooth

Nov 9, 2014 Change 6 lines of codes, temporary bug fix
Nov 11, 2014 Commented out 2 lines of code
March 5, 2015 4 lines to change a variable and add IF statement
March 5, 2015 Added 4 lines of code, in the form of a comment
March 6, 2015 Added one line of code (a checkpoint)
March 10, 2015 Changing a default value and an IF statement, 6 lines of code
Apr 5, 2015 4 lines of code and a comment
Apr 5, 2015 2 lines of code to handle a rounding
Apr 14, 2015 Remove a define, 1 line changed

There is a lot more info about Smooth's activities I will post later, this is just to start the discussion.

Full disclosure: I am (mainly) a Dash investor, I also used to have the account BlockaFett which I burned because it was taking up too much of my time arguing with Smooth posting over 1000 posts on various Dash threads over 5 months so I am not bothered to argue with him about the validity of any particular coin - because it's pointless, the market doesn't care, and investors on the whole decide on value, not guys arguing on a forum.  But I am back briefly because again he is posting 25 times today to crash the Dash thread accusing it of being a "scam" without posting once on his own thread, and denying conflict of interest - so here I am.  

Note to Monero community: I am not here to bash/judge Monero in any way, if I had my way, you would have kicked Smooth out long ago, calling him a Monero dev is a wild claim anyway because if you check his Github - he didn't do anything for Monero compared to the other devs: https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero/commits?author=iamsmooth.  And his AEON play is frankly a disgrace to anyone in Monero if he's doing what I think he's doing, and if I am right then it helps Monero to make sure he doesn't play that off using AEON as I suspect he will.

If you have any info on Smooth being unethical / unprofessional / insider dealing / market manipulation / conflict of interest, PM me or post here.  I have a truck load that I never could be bothered to collate but I will do that here some time if people want me to.  I won't spend a lot of time on this for now, my only interest here is to expose someone I sincerely believe is a scammer who if goes unchecked, with his 50 posts a day attacking any coin with investors he thinks he can bate to his schemes, BCT will just descend to a giant cesspit.

Pages:
Jump to: