Pages:
Author

Topic: XOV: creating a central bank for cryptocurrency markets - page 52. (Read 68743 times)

Activity: 68
Merit: 0
It's more of a futuristic project than real. How can you combine all crypto-projects into a single unit?
Activity: 238
Merit: 9
Why would anyone need a bank in the cryupto space? I think is much better to do peer to peer business as Satoshi´s intentions where originally. The banks have their usual business outside crypto.
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
The central bank is not needed for crypto currency. This is not in the line with the principles of the Crypto-currency. If there is a central bank, then what will be the difference between crypto currency and fiat currencies?
Activity: 966
Merit: 104
From the point of view of the owner of the crypto currency, the services of such a central bank are very interesting. However, questions have already been raised about the extent to which it is materially beneficial to the bank itself. At the expense of what profit will it exist? Also, the XOV team, as I see it, did not give a link to the ICO and the generosity campaign. And without this, how can we support the project?
Activity: 4
XOV has arrived on bitcointalk.
https://www.xovercoin.com

Please support the XOV project. XOV is creating a crypto-central banking infrastructure to stabilise the crypto markets. We have support from Emin Gun Sirer.

There will be a seed funding round.

We will contribute more later.

XOV Project Team

I think XOV is acting as a central storehouse, because all coin is currently evaluated around BTC.... MY OPINION THOUGH
Activity: 44
So, You're saying that we need to support a centralized crypto?
I think many investors in the cryptocurrency society will not agree with this because as we all know, We love bitcoin the way it is. (Decentralized) If a project try to centralize this, I think Bitcoin will not be the same bitcoin as we all love it.

XOV is acting as a central bank, not a centralized currency. To be fair, all of the altcoins are currently centralized around BTC if we think about it. All XOV coins will still be as decentralized as they come, as it won't be benchmarked on anything but itself.

https://indd.adobe.com/view/038be42d-bda0-484d-ad91-395a06fa8795 (page 3 explains in more detail the function of the central bank)
Activity: 19
So, You're saying that we need to support a centralized crypto?
I think many investors in the cryptocurrency society will not agree with this because as we all know, We love bitcoin the way it is. (Decentralized) If a project try to centralize this, I think Bitcoin will not be the same bitcoin as we all love it.
Activity: 196
Merit: 2
Looks like a decent project, impressive light paper, best of luck!
Activity: 350
Good.  Is there going to be bounty program for this project
Activity: 44
In my own opinion I think for mass adoption of cryptocurrency, the stability is a great factor! No seller would want to hold a currency that looses value every moment of the day.. What I dont understand is having crypto bank? Crypto is a decentralized system and I think that's why people invest in it but having a crypto bank... Isn't it going to centralize what we know to be decentralized? I am yet to understand the basics of this project but I think any project with a good plan will go along way

The only way in which it will function as a bank is a place to store your coins (a wallet) that will have a lock-in period with fixed interest. Much like a CD or something similar. The coins remain yours.
Activity: 126
Merit: 2
The idea of course is good, but still a lot of uncertainty. Due to what the revenue of such Bank is planned, what guarantees to holders of coins who will want to use such Bank platform, and the most interesting - how to keep courses of altcoins?
Activity: 55
This is going to be huge for all who is part of this
Activity: 66
No other new news about this project?
Activity: 74
Looks very much interesting.
But how are you going to play with the competition out there, also the issue of dump in price?
Activity: 14
Wow! Central Bank for crypto currency is a great idea
Activity: 658
Merit: 102
I still do not understand the material interest of such a bank in this project. From the point of view of the holder of the crypto currency, everything is clear: it enables the bank to block the crypto currency in its purse and for this it receives its interest. True, it is not yet clear what they will be - in fiat or in some kind of crypto currency. And what does this mean for the bank in the material plan, if the bank will not use the crypto currency in the blocked wallet in any way? I do not see the point of doing this on the part of such a bank. Although the idea itself is interesting and deserves approval.
Activity: 25
I have pledged my suport to this awesome project
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
Its a great idea to have a central bank for crypto. I have gone through your lite paper. Its quite descriptive. Only one thing I need clarity on is the proposed crypto credit card based on what we keep in the bank. Is it going to be global or will the card only be available in countries that have legalised crypto?
Activity: 22
In my own opinion I think for mass adoption of cryptocurrency, the stability is a great factor! No seller would want to hold a currency that looses value every moment of the day.. What I dont understand is having crypto bank? Crypto is a decentralized system and I think that's why people invest in it but having a crypto bank... Isn't it going to centralize what we know to be decentralized? I am yet to understand the basics of this project but I think any project with a good plan will go along way
Activity: 644
Merit: 250
I'm sorry, but I think the project has a few prospects in the future. I do not think that the main players of the actual will want to give control of the currency to you...            
Pages:
Jump to: