Pages:
Author

Topic: [XPM] [ANN] Primecoin High Performance | HP14 released! - page 101. (Read 397616 times)

legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
What's the best OS for this in this list?

ubuntu 12.04.1 server amd64
gentoo amd64 minimal 20121210
ubuntu 12.10 server amd64
gentoo x86 minimal 20121213
CentOS 5.8 x86-64
CentOS 6.3 X86-64
FreeBSD 9.1 release amd64
debian 6.0.6 amd64
debian 6.0.6 i386

It's a VPS, and only has linux options...

ubuntu 12.04.1 server amd64 is a safe bet

Yet I'm having trouble compiling the miner: http://www.ppcointalk.org/index.php?topic=341.msg2361#msg2361
Haven't got an answer yet...seems to be a bug or something when doing apt-get install for certain dev files.

I had this same error, took me a day to figure out after hours and hours of trying different things.

As blastbob pointed out somewhere in here, turns out it's your Memory that's lacking.

Run this command, it should solve the issue:
Code:
sudo dd if=/dev/zero of=/swapfile bs=64M count=16
sudo mkswap /swapfile
sudo swapon /swapfile

this part

sudo swapon /swapfile

gives a not allowed message on my server?
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
can anyone write a proper guide for this on linux, thanks ?

the guide on this page is not working at all

http://www.primecoiner.com/primecoin-high-performance-linux-hp2-hp3/

i want to try it out on my server
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Independent Analyst
What's the best OS for this in this list?

ubuntu 12.04.1 server amd64
gentoo amd64 minimal 20121210
ubuntu 12.10 server amd64
gentoo x86 minimal 20121213
CentOS 5.8 x86-64
CentOS 6.3 X86-64
FreeBSD 9.1 release amd64
debian 6.0.6 amd64
debian 6.0.6 i386

It's a VPS, and only has linux options...

ubuntu 12.04.1 server amd64 is a safe bet

Yet I'm having trouble compiling the miner: http://www.ppcointalk.org/index.php?topic=341.msg2361#msg2361
Haven't got an answer yet...seems to be a bug or something when doing apt-get install for certain dev files.

I had this same error, took me a day to figure out after hours and hours of trying different things.

As blastbob pointed out somewhere in here, turns out it's your Memory that's lacking.

Run this command, it should solve the issue:
Code:
sudo dd if=/dev/zero of=/swapfile bs=64M count=16
sudo mkswap /swapfile
sudo swapon /swapfile
Activity: 112
Independent Analyst
Report on sievesize (for 20 systems @ 3000pps each, hp4)
 - 700K: no blocks after 2 hrs
 - 1M: ~1 block/hr
 - 2M: ~0.8 block/hr
 - 4M: ~0.6 block/hr

Seems 1M sievesize is the sweet spot?

Same finding here.

Between 23:30 and 2:30 (1 block/hr)
- I run on 163840 sievesize (weird number, I know, multiples of 4096 - CPU cache size, and I found this to give the best PPS on 1 core and 2 core  machines)

Between 5:00 and 7:00 (1 block/hr)
- I run on 2M sievesize (again seems to decreased to 1 block/hr)

Default - all other times (2 blocks/hr)
- I run on default 1 M

Conclusion: default 1M is optimium for finding XPM blocks!
Activity: 784
Merit: 250
DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi
In hp4 I don't have to manually configure he sieve size do I?   It gives an automatic 1 mill correct?   It's just that on page 1 the faq refers to manually entering it...

The default sievesize is 1mill. No need to do anything if you don't wish to change.

Thanks  Smiley
Activity: 292
In hp4 I don't have to manually configure he sieve size do I?   It gives an automatic 1 mill correct?   It's just that on page 1 the faq refers to manually entering it...

The default sievesize is 1mill. No need to do anything if you don't wish to change.
Activity: 784
DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi
Activity: 308
onore dikeido
check page 1  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.
what's up with the git, has the latest code moved somewhere ?
Activity: 406
Same here. Although are you sure that's right? 1 block is worth 5 bucks right now. My rig draws 200~ watts when mining. I estimate that's just a couple of cents in power.
Activity: 874
Merit: 1000
average right now I'm seeing is  1 block per day for each ~3K PPS. A little more than cost of electricity on a standard PC.
Activity: 266
Merit: 251
I have been trying to get a block on 5 PCs for the last 5 hours, and still no luck.
It says I mine at 1500pps on each PC (Intel G1610), so is it possible that it only says I'm mining but I ain't, or is it just luck?
I tryed it both ways by just starting it with setgenerate true -1 and with a .conf file with:

rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=pass
rpcport=8001
gen=1
server=1
sievesize=2000000
daemon=1
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1

I used the 1.1 version and I did the same .conf file thing on a friend's PC with a Phenom X3 and he got 2 blocks in an hour.  wtf   Roll Eyes
(btw I have disabled a bunch of unneeded shit from msconfig, is there anything important there)

It's all luck. I can go 72 hours with nothing from 7000 pps (combined), or get 2 blocks in 2 days.
Activity: 182
I have been trying to get a block on 5 PCs for the last 5 hours, and still no luck.
It says I mine at 1500pps on each PC (Intel G1610), so is it possible that it only says I'm mining but I ain't, or is it just luck?
I tryed it both ways by just starting it with setgenerate true -1 and with a .conf file with:

rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=pass
rpcport=8001
gen=1
server=1
sievesize=2000000
daemon=1
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1

I used the 1.1 version and I did the same .conf file thing on a friend's PC with a Phenom X3 and he got 2 blocks in an hour.  wtf   Roll Eyes
(btw I have disabled a bunch of unneeded shit from msconfig, is there anything important there)

I ended up deleting my config file by accident and mining 2 blocks then making another one and haven't mined anything in 24H. My stats say I get more blocks per 10 min with a higher sievesize but apparently I mined more when I had the defaults enabled. W    T     F?
Activity: 416

rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=pass
rpcport=8001
gen=1
server=1
sievesize=2000000
daemon=1
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1

Activity: 406
God. Does nobody understand how solo mining works?

He said yes.

Of course it's luck. It's completely random.
Activity: 476
Found one block after 5.5 hours at ~ 6200pps, might be pure luck though...
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
anyone know how to make this connect to a mining pool?

Would that be something in the primecoin.conf ?

No mining pools yet.

What about ypool?

They seem a little bit dodgy to me and many others plus in order to mine you have to use software created by them.

which is why I am asking for directions on connecting the primecoin-qt client to a pool....

Anyone know how?

No one knows how, because it cannot be done. primecoin-qt client is ONLY for solo mining.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0

No mining pools yet.

What about ypool?

They seem a little bit dodgy to me and many others plus in order to mine you have to use software created by them.

which is why I am asking for directions on connecting the primecoin-qt client to a pool....

Anyone know how?
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

No mining pools yet.

What about ypool?

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

No mining pools yet.

What about ypool?
Pages:
Jump to: