Author

Topic: [XPM] [ANN] Primecoin High Performance | HP14 released! - page 104. (Read 397616 times)

Activity: 301
Merit: 250
I'm getting loads of weird compile errors when compiling makefile.unix on centos6:

"alert.cpp:223: error: âitemâ was not declared in this scope
alert.cpp:223: error: âBOOST_FOREACHâ was not declared in this scope
alert.cpp:224: error: expected â;â before â{â token
alert.cpp:268: error: expected â}â at end of input
alert.cpp:268: error: expected â}â at end of input"

Looks like there are weird characters in the source?

You probably need a newer version of boost.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1007
I'm getting loads of weird compile errors when compiling makefile.unix on centos6:

"alert.cpp:223: error: âitemâ was not declared in this scope
alert.cpp:223: error: âBOOST_FOREACHâ was not declared in this scope
alert.cpp:224: error: expected â;â before â{â token
alert.cpp:268: error: expected â}â at end of input
alert.cpp:268: error: expected â}â at end of input"

Looks like there are weird characters in the source?
Activity: 252
just upgraded to hp4 from hp1 and my pps dropped from 1700-2000 down to 700-800pps anyone else see this? i5 2.8 sandy bridge

hp1 limited sieve size too much, pps was up but block finds where down
So I should just leave it alone? So basically 700-800pps with hp4 will be better than 1700pps with hp1?
or try hp2
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
just upgraded to hp4 from hp1 and my pps dropped from 1700-2000 down to 700-800pps anyone else see this? i5 2.8 sandy bridge

So I should just leave it alone? So basically 700-800pps with hp4 will be better than 1700pps with hp1?
I'm mining 4 systems each system over 10,000 primes per sec and Haven't found a block sine midnight. Sad HP2

Anyone having these issues?

Pretty much the same issue. The difficulty is now very high and due its exponential nature it means that blocks are very hard to find.

As Primecoin nature is different than other coins I wonder if it's even possible that diff goes down and make it profitable again. Any thoughts ?

I am willing to bet difficulty will be heading down soon, its no longer profitable for VPMs

Yes, diff should go down if VPMs is not profitable anymore but, my question were "is that possible?" Can the primecoin diff go down ?
yes it can, i found block 16 at diff 6.99609262 below the 7 start
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
I'm mining 4 systems each system over 10,000 primes per sec and Haven't found a block sine midnight. Sad HP2

Pretty much the same issue. The difficulty is now very high and due its exponential nature it means that blocks are very hard to find.

As Primecoin nature is different than other coins I wonder if it's even possible that diff goes down and make it profitable again. Any thoughts ?

I am willing to bet difficulty will be heading down soon, its no longer profitable for VPMs

Yes, diff should go down if VPMs in not profitable anymore but, my question were "is that possible?" Can the primecoin diff go down ?

I think so, sure, why not. The dev (sunnyking) told days ago about the diff still catching up, and that is was "expected" behaviour. Diff is indeed still rising. Yes, there is a point where diff would drop, but it's not now. (correct me guys if this is wrong)
Activity: 43
Merit: 0

Yes, diff should go down if VPMs is not profitable anymore but, my question were "is that possible?" Can the primecoin diff go down ?

Activity: 109
39 blocks found in the last 12 minutes so people are still finding !

The question is how...

Blastbob mentioned something like 2.6M PPS Smiley

I'm wondering guys, let's say you operate a LARGE number of VPS, that use each other as nodes. All interconnected. Wouldn't that be in their advantage? The nodes would be superclose to a big source of new blocks (itself), and have a head start generating new blocks?
Activity: 224

The question is how...

I am ready for round two, GPU.
Activity: 476

The question is how...

Yeah and I bet then diff drops because a LOT of VPMs are turned off, it becomes profitable again and BAM, VPM's are here again. Many people will want to leave their virtual machines running, probaly hoping others will turn them off just before they do. In the end, everybody loses Smiley

Sir yes sir

Edit, I did mine a block 2 hours ago on a server with 2.5K PPS Smiley I don't even know why I kept it running
Activity: 43
Merit: 0

Yep, all my VPM's are currently being pulled offline.  I smell something fishy like GPU mining going on.
Activity: 113

Activity: 476
 Intel Core i7-3770K @ 4400 -> 6277 PPs
Activity: 359
So I'm getting 1700 primes/sec.

How often should I expect to find a block?

(According to your experience)  Grin

35.000 pps get me one block the last 20 hours, you do the math Smiley
Hmmm... that makes me think it isn't worth it anymore  Sad

Are there any other CPU coins?

I agree that it's getting less and less profitable as the chance of getting block per Mhz is hard to predict.
Jump to: