Author

Topic: [XPM] [ANN] Primecoin High Performance | HP14 released! - page 102. (Read 397616 times)

Activity: 54
Merit: 0
anyone know how to make this connect to a mining pool?

Would that be something in the primecoin.conf ?

No mining pools yet.

At least no reputable ones
Activity: 784
Merit: 250
DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi

No mining pools yet.
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
So my blocks are starting to come in quite slowly, and I'm starting to wonder if cloud mining is still worthwhile...

These are my recent blocks. I haven't checked my nodes since 2PM, but I'm barely breaking even and hanging on thanks to rising prices.

Time to call it quits?

Hi Jigsaw. What flavor of linux is this? I love the menu style and colors.

Ubuntu Desktop 12.10
Activity: 17
Merit: 0

Activity: 552
Merit: 500
any new pushes, btw where is the latest code hosted these days since git disabled the account
Activity: 874
Merit: 1000
Anyone have the latest version of builds available for primecoin?  I'm using mikaelh2's latest primecoin build (before the github went down).
Activity: 552
Merit: 500
So my blocks are starting to come in quite slowly, and I'm starting to wonder if cloud mining is still worthwhile...

These are my recent blocks. I haven't checked my nodes since 2PM, but I'm barely breaking even and hanging on thanks to rising prices.

Time to call it quits?

Looks like ubuntu desktop
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
How can i see the dificalty.
http://www2.crypto-expert.com/primecoin/index.php is not working.
also just got a block for 12.51 10kpps

First, don't show off you mined a block. The XPM people don't appreciate that.

Ok.  Grin

getdifficulty in your client? :p

Seems i had spelling error lol.

Activity: 266

Time to call it quits?

Activity: 476
Anyone managed to make it run on free vps ?

I'm trying but no luck :/
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1077
^ Will code for Bitcoins
In order to catch that aliens, we need to somehow log IP addresses of all peers who mined a block. It's trivial later to calculate how many blocks which IP address mined. I don't know if 'decoderawtransaction' or 'getpeerinfo' can get us IP addresses, or some special software is needed? I guess they can, but I'm not positive.

IP ranges are known for all major VPS providers, it will be easy to differentiate VPS mining and how many percentage of blocks are found there.

I bet that results will surprise us, and my prediction is that a few IPs are getting the majority of blocks, and one or two will not be form VPS. Those one or two must be Aliens. Or GPU miners.

Do it...

In 10 hours I'm off to vacation. Won't lurk here for two weeks. Maybe somebody else.
Activity: 65
Merit: 10

Time to call it quits?
Activity: 182

First, don't show off you mined a block. The XPM people don't appreciate that.

Ok.  Grin

getdifficulty in your client? :p
Soon more and more VPS are going to get switched off (like they are doing now), there still will be no pools (no support in the main client branch) and difficulty will still continue to rise. There is only one explanation for that, I will not spell it out, it's obvious.

Again,

In order to catch that aliens, we need to somehow log IP addresses of all peers who mined a block. It's trivial later to calculate how many blocks which IP address mined. I don't know if 'decoderawtransaction' or 'getpeerinfo' can get us IP addresses, or some special software is needed? I guess they can, but I'm not positive.

IP ranges are known for all major VPS providers, it will be easy to differentiate VPS mining and how many percentage of blocks are found there.

I bet that results will surprise us, and my prediction is that a few IPs are getting the majority of blocks, and one or two will not be form VPS. Those one or two must be Aliens. Or GPU miners.

Do it...
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1077
^ Will code for Bitcoins
Soon more and more VPS are going to get switched off (like they are doing now), there still will be no pools (no support in the main client branch) and difficulty will still continue to rise. There is only one explanation for that, I will not spell it out, it's obvious.

Again,

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
I have been getting blocks steadily at a specific rate each day. Anyone want to know how?

I might as well be the first one to ask. How? Let me guess

[picture snip][picture snip]

Testnet!!

Close enough  Grin
Activity: 182
I have been getting blocks steadily at a specific rate each day. Anyone want to know how?
So have I!  The specific rate is zero.

+1 lol
Activity: 287
So have I!  The specific rate is zero.

legendary
Activity: 1843
Merit: 1338
XXXVII Fnord is toast without bread

I might as well be the first one to ask. How? Let me guess

Testnet!!
Jump to: