Author

Topic: [XPM] [ANN] Primecoin High Performance | HP14 released! - page 117. (Read 397616 times)

Activity: 301
Merit: 250
I found that installing libmpfr-dev which it required for Freicoin, also satisfies the gmp requirement.

Is there a difference in speed between the mpfr and gmp libraries?

libmpfr-dev pulls libgmp as a dependency. The actual mpfr does floating point calculations. Comparing mpfr and gmp is like comparing apples and bananas.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
I found that installing libmpfr-dev which it required for Freicoin, also satisfies the gmp requirement.

Is there a difference in speed between the mpfr and gmp libraries?
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
@Mikaelh

This error causes daemons to crash. Happens alot really. Might be other errors, but this is what i saw.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2725962
I'm getting pretty abysmal performance with this build on osx (using the osx makefile). 1player's build seems to be working better on osx while all other machines are better using mikhael's hp3. Any suggestions / optimizations to the osx makefile would be much appreciated.

I'm tempted to VM an ubuntu build and see how that goes but I'd rather run it natively in osx with this high performance build.

Where did you get your libgmp? That's what's doing most of the heavy lifting. I would probably look for optimization opportunities in how libgmp is compiled.
Activity: 182
Merit: 10
I'm getting pretty abysmal performance with this build on osx (using the osx makefile). 1player's build seems to be working better on osx while all other machines are better using mikhael's hp3. Any suggestions / optimizations to the osx makefile would be much appreciated.

I'm tempted to VM an ubuntu build and see how that goes but I'd rather run it natively in osx with this high performance build.

I'm having lame pps on osx too with this build Sad

Sunnyking's github hardly gives me 1k pps on an i5 MacBook Pro w/ all 4 threads

That's about right. i5 what? There are plenty of different i5 mobile models. In fact, some of them have 4 true cores, other have 2 true cores and 4 threads etc... If you listed the exact year of your mac I could help. I suggest purchasing legally. cough. A copy of VMWare Fusion for mac. You can load up another legal. Cough. Version of Windows 7 64 bit and run the HP3 client and get much better PPS. Enjoy!

BTW. I'm at on average 4000 PPS and no block for nearly 48 hours.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

I'm having lame pps on osx too with this build Sad

Sunnyking's github hardly gives me 1k pps on an i5 MacBook Pro w/ all 4 threads
Activity: 246
My spoon is too big!

Activity: 756
Merit: 501
primecoind getdifficulty

Looks like it has slowed down. 9 tomorrow!  Grin
Found any blocks?

you think somebody after a mins of the release found a block very easy. i have more than 24 hrs before this release @900pps and not found nothing, give more than 3 hrs for check this

I sure hope this was tested before released.

It's likely folks will still find blocks with it, but without running on testnet for a few hours and comparing the results to another build it won't tell us much. Just reduce the prime sieve size on Sunny's client, boom your PPS goes through the roof.

Well, to be honest, I was slightly concerned about changing the sieve size. I'm not 100% sure about the full effects. What I do know is that when you reduce it to 100,000 you stop getting millions of L1 write misses.

I have found quite a lot of blocks on mainnet with the reduced sieve size. I will try to get some better comparison numbers on testnet.

So would you recommend setting a sieve size of 100,000 in the .config file by typing "sieve size=100000" ? Also should "gen=1" be there or is that not doing anything? I can't remember for the life of me why I had entered that in my config file a few days ago.

No, a sieve size of 100k is generally a bad idea. It's already been discussed in this thread. I also implemented L1 optimizations for bigger sieve sizes. Not that it matters much on something like i7.
Activity: 246
My spoon is too big!
And no one will bother mining this coin and shift to other more profitable ones.. sadly but true, due to other people's greed, they are killing this coin.

I'm not so sure about that. Sure, some will, but the fact that something else underlying is happening aside from just generating coins, there may be a fair number of people who stay in it for that reason. I mean think about the people who were / are running seti / folding @ home. This is sort of like that except it's tied to a cryptocurrency. There will be fluctuations in price, sure, but I don't think it's completely analogous to the other altcoins.
legendary
Activity: 1764
And no one will bother mining this coin and shift to other more profitable ones.. sadly but true, due to other people's greed, they are killing this coin.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
Block reward has gone down to 13. Thats a sharp decrease.
primecoind getdifficulty
Rising fast. Shocked
Wow it keeps growing faster and faster. We will hit 9 soon I think  Shocked
Activity: 560
Merit: 500

So would you recommend setting a sieve size of 100,000 in the .config file by typing "sieve size=100000" ? Also should "gen=1" be there or is that not doing anything? I can't remember for the life of me why I had entered that in my config file a few days ago.
Probably to start mining automaticaaly when you start PrimeCoin.exe
Activity: 182
Found any blocks?

you think somebody after a mins of the release found a block very easy. i have more than 24 hrs before this release @900pps and not found nothing, give more than 3 hrs for check this

I sure hope this was tested before released.

It's likely folks will still find blocks with it, but without running on testnet for a few hours and comparing the results to another build it won't tell us much. Just reduce the prime sieve size on Sunny's client, boom your PPS goes through the roof.

Well, to be honest, I was slightly concerned about changing the sieve size. I'm not 100% sure about the full effects. What I do know is that when you reduce it to 100,000 you stop getting millions of L1 write misses.

I have found quite a lot of blocks on mainnet with the reduced sieve size. I will try to get some better comparison numbers on testnet.

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Can anyone show me how to use testnet to compare blocks between sievesize values?

on linux please
pls anyone, will share my optimal sievesize  Cool
Activity: 95
That guy, you know, with the face
primecoind getdifficulty
Rising fast. Shocked

Yup, looks like everyone's getting in some cpu mining / loads of digitalocean accounts and amazon accounts firing up.
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
primecoind getdifficulty
Rising fast. Shocked
Activity: 95
That guy, you know, with the face
for windows just run it like this:
primecoin-qt.exe -sievesize=2000000

conf file don`t work for me

I found the opposite on win7 and win8 .... conf worked, but batchfile primecoin.qt.exe -sievesize=2000000 still showed 1000000 in debug.log

Once I had sievesize=2000000 in conf it did work.
legendary
Activity: 1050
        "category" : "immature",
        "amount" : 13.40000000,
        "confirmations" : 230,

how long does it takes to mature?

Activity: 791
Merit: 271
This is personal
I'm confused about building a 64bit client on Ubuntu.  What flag do I use.
Jump to: