Author

Topic: [XPM] [ANN] Primecoin High Performance | HP14 released! - page 118. (Read 397616 times)

Activity: 371
Merit: 250
        "category" : "immature",
        "amount" : 13.40000000,
        "confirmations" : 230,

how long does it takes to mature?
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
So for 3MB L3 (ivy i3 3225) would you set your value to 1000000? What do you type in the .config file? Should I get rid of my .config file (using windows HP3 build) because I haven't changed any settings since the 2nd day of launch?
Honestly no idea, best way to find out is to connect to the testnet and compare block finding rate, a 5 minute job.  Wink
Note that my test was really short and i didn't test further.
legendary
Activity: 1899
Merit: 1024
for windows just run it like this:
primecoin-qt.exe -sievesize=2000000

conf file don`t work for me
Activity: 182
Merit: 10
Mikael, how do you decide which sievesize to set for which cpu? Or just experimenting in testnet? How many testnet blocks are there btw, wanted to test too, but downloading those blocks takes ages...
I'm guessing the optimal value may have something to do with L2 and L3 cache sizes.

Large sieves also take long to build which means a new block may arrive before it's complete.
Thanks, my i7 930 has 8MB cache aswell so i tried the values 1000000, 2000000 and 3000000 in testnet, 2M seems much faster than 1M indeed, 3M is slower than 2M but faster than 1M.
Finetuning miners to find the best settings is always fun, cheers!

So for 3MB L3 (ivy i3 3225) would you set your value to 1000000? What do you type in the .config file? Should I get rid of my .config file (using windows HP3 build) because I haven't changed any settings since the 2nd day of launch?
Activity: 244
Merit: 101
URGENT!!!!!

Has anyone else just seen a 25% drop in PPS?  I'm getting this on every single machine/VPS I have running.  Happened in the last 30 mins.  Perhaps due to the >8.0 diff increase?

~$ primecoind getdifficulty

Yes pps dropped even more than 25% on my rigs.
Yes down from 6143 to 4208

same drop here..

Same here, but I've gotten two blocks since the drop, which seems luckier.  I wonder how the difficulty gets calculated if not by PPS.  Because a network wide PPS drop you would expect a diff drop too. I derped, per Aggro's post below.

Edit: in another thought, the difference in diff rise between releases of hp1 and hp2 indicates clearly that hp2 is doing better.

I got three blocks since the release of hp2..  you think one of you guys could post a .conf you are using for hp3 in win7?  pleaase?
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Can anyone show me how to use testnet to compare blocks between sievesize values?

on linux please
Mikael, how do you decide which sievesize to set for which cpu? Or just experimenting in testnet? How many testnet blocks are there btw, wanted to test too, but downloading those blocks takes ages...
I'm guessing the optimal value may have something to do with L2 and L3 cache sizes.

Large sieves also take long to build which means a new block may arrive before it's complete.
Thanks, my i7 930 has 8MB cache aswell so i tried the values 1000000, 2000000 and 3000000 in testnet, 2M seems much faster than 1M indeed, 3M is slower than 2M but faster than 1M.
Finetuning miners to find the best settings is always fun, cheers!
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1077
^ Will code for Bitcoins
Mikael, how do you decide which sievesize to set for which cpu? Or just experimenting in testnet? How many testnet blocks are there btw, wanted to test too, but downloading those 20k+ blocks from only 3 connections takes ages...
@ryen: sievesize=1000000 should work.

If somebody tested for optimal sievesize on testnet and DigitalOcean small droplet I would be grateful if he shares that value he got, just trying to avoid duplicate work.
Activity: 301
@mikaelh
I presume you can`t do AVX2 optimization, or primecoin can not benefit from it?
pooler did AVX2 optimization on cpuminer and gain is ~90% with haswell

This is about primes, not about hashes.

On my A8 my PPS actually rose rather then fell with sievesize=2000000 in the conf, though it rose very minimally, which makes me wonder if it does anything at all.

If you really want, you can check that with the debugging options.

debug=1
printmining=1

You should see that the sieve size is whatever you set it to in debug.log.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
Hmm what would be the optimal sievesize for a Ivy 3570K ?
Activity: 95
That guy, you know, with the face
@mikaelh

On my A8 my PPS actually rose rather then fell with sievesize=2000000 in the conf, though it rose very minimally, which makes me wonder if it does anything at all.

@mikaelh

Activity: 292
Looks like it works adding into .conf file. Drop in pps rate after increase sievesize. Thanks eule.

** Update
Definitely works. Tried increase to max sievesize 10M and my pps dropped from 3500+ to 60.. haha
"Use it like this: primecoind -sievesize=2000000" <--- where exactly do I use this? Tried to type it in the console and got an error message.
You need to stop primecoind first.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
New version is out. It mainly adds a tuning parameter called -sievesize. Use it like this: primecoind -sievesize=2000000

I did some experiments with the sieve size and I was able to get significantly higher more blocks with a sieve size of 2M on a Core i7-4770k. There did seem to be some variance though.

The parameter will also affect your primespersec but it's always better to measure the block rate for now.

"Use it like this: primecoind -sievesize=2000000" <--- where exactly do I use this? Tried to type it in the console and got an error message.
Activity: 95
That guy, you know, with the face
Does the sievesize trigger work with "primecoin-qt.exe -sievesize=###"?

I tried and it didn't throw up, but that doesn't mean it worked either.
Mikael, how do you decide which sievesize to set for which cpu? Or just experimenting in testnet? How many testnet blocks are there btw, wanted to test too, but downloading those 20k+ blocks from only 3 connections takes ages...
Activity: 292
New version is out. It mainly adds a tuning parameter called -sievesize. Use it like this: primecoind -sievesize=2000000

I did some experiments with the sieve size and I was able to get significantly higher more blocks with a sieve size of 2M on a Core i7-4770k. There did seem to be some variance though.

The parameter will also affect your primespersec but it's always better to measure the block rate for now.

Can the sievesize tuning parameter be added/tweaked in .conf file (for windows)?
legendary
Activity: 1899
Merit: 1024
@mikaelh
Jump to: