Author

Topic: [XPM] [ANN] Primecoin High Performance | HP14 released! - page 120. (Read 397616 times)

legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1022
Solar power is worthwhile, it pays for itself in a decade or less. Mining probably should end up very similar I would expect, so that mining using solar power could help you pay off your solar gear faster or help you eke out a longer useful life from your mining gear.

But i guess others would say heck with wasting your solar power on out of date mining gear, if the mining gear wouldn't pay for itself without the low power price your solar gives you then you should upgrade it so you aren't wasting your solar power on inefficient mining gear?

Since people do bother installing solar despite it taking years to pay for itself, oughtn't it make sense that people will similarly install mining gear even if mining gear will take years to pay for itself?

So maybe if you are running into power costing too much, you could consider throwing up some windmills and/or solar panels or something instead of more mining rigs?

-MarkM-

actually dust to dust I'm not sure if current gen solar does pay for itself, you have to take into account the energy used to fabricate the solar system, and dispose of it at the end of lifecylce....and that is large...also degradation of system for power capture (solar cells only work 50% after 7 years or so) not saying tech can't improve...but you always have to do a dust to dust analysis on a system
Activity: 874
Merit: 1000
for some reason ec2 images while the will run, and look right, do not seem to find blocks, so you have to do ever instance from scratch....

How identical are images? Is even the entropy pool imaged, for example, so that they all pick the exact same "random" nonce and sequence of transactions and coinbase contents, thus all orphan each other since they are all mining the exact same block in a race to see which of tem mines it first, the rest being orphaned?

-MarkM-

I haven't seen this.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
This should work with almost any bitcoin related software on ubuntu..

Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install python-software-properties screen python-rrdtool python-pygame python-scipy python-twisted python-twisted-web python-imaging build-essential libglib2.0-dev libglibmm-2.4-dev python-dev autoconf automake ncurses-dev sysstat gcc-mingw32 libmysql++-dev cloog-ppl build-essential automake gcc libevent-dev libmemcached-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev zlib1g-dev libjansson-dev curl memcached libtool unzip freeglut3-dev libxi-dev libxmu-dev build-essential freeglut3-dev libxi-dev libxmu-dev mpich2 libdb-dev libminiupnpc-dev libboost-all-dev libdb++-dev git uthash* libgmp3-dev

Still not working. Got different error.

You can use my deployment script if you like

http://pastebin.com/0X9n3K5p

remember to make it executable:

$ chmod u+x deploy.sh

I am still tweaking it, but it will do a complete install on a new instance (ubuntu 12.04)

Just change your rpc password afterwards.

and then run; primecoin --daemon

Activity: 246
Merit: 250
My spoon is too big!
A lot of pages have shown up in this thread since I went to sleep last night. Any updates on an osx build? I couldn't get it to compile with the makefile.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Independent Analyst

Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install python-software-properties screen python-rrdtool python-pygame python-scipy python-twisted python-twisted-web python-imaging build-essential libglib2.0-dev libglibmm-2.4-dev python-dev autoconf automake ncurses-dev sysstat gcc-mingw32 libmysql++-dev cloog-ppl build-essential automake gcc libevent-dev libmemcached-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev zlib1g-dev libjansson-dev curl memcached libtool unzip freeglut3-dev libxi-dev libxmu-dev build-essential freeglut3-dev libxi-dev libxmu-dev mpich2 libdb-dev libminiupnpc-dev libboost-all-dev libdb++-dev git uthash* libgmp3-dev

Still not working. Got different error.

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Anyone using latest update from github on linux? My PPS back to normal before this thread, but my windows doesn't (10x faster)?

Yes, I am using the latest update from github on a couple of linux boxes. My PPS number went down between from ~2000 PPS (hp1) to ~1500 PPS (hp2) per box, and none of the linux boxes have found a block yet on either hp release.

According to this thread, I believe the hp2 build should find more blocks even though it has a lower PPS number versus hp1.

My windows was 2k after hp1. Then 2k with hp2, too.
But my linux was around 5k PPS after hp1. Then hp2 it back to 1k , just like yesterday.

I don't know why linux build is different from windows???

anyone has normal PPS on linux?
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
I cloned a lot of instance on Digital Ocean.
They share the same wallet.
So i just have to check one instance to get the Privkey.

But i heard a wallet only have 100 adress. What will happen when these adress run out? Do all my instance will have a separate wallet?

You heard wrong. I just ran the getnewaddress RPC call 5000 times on bitcoind, no problems.
Activity: 392
I cloned a lot of instance on Digital Ocean.
They share the same wallet.
So i just have to check one instance to get the Privkey.

But i heard a wallet only have 100 adress. What will happen when these adress run out? Do all my instance will have a separate wallet?
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
Solar power is worthwhile, it pays for itself in a decade or less. Mining probably should end up very similar I would expect, so that mining using solar power could help you pay off your solar gear faster or help you eke out a longer useful life from your mining gear.

But i guess others would say heck with wasting your solar power on out of date mining gear, if the mining gear wouldn't pay for itself without the low power price your solar gives you then you should upgrade it so you aren't wasting your solar power on inefficient mining gear?

Since people do bother installing solar despite it taking years to pay for itself, oughtn't it make sense that people will similarly install mining gear even if mining gear will take years to pay for itself?

So maybe if you are running into power costing too much, you could consider throwing up some windmills and/or solar panels or something instead of more mining rigs?

-MarkM-
Activity: 182
As more time passes does XPM become less valuable because of how many are flooding wallets now? Will it ever see 1 XPM = 0.01  BTC again? And I'm not talking about if BTC is $30. I mean if BTC stays above $100. I long to hear your opinions/math. Will we ever get to higher difficulty before we've mined way too much of XPM to make a single block worth the electricity it cost to get it?
Activity: 401
for some reason ec2 images while the will run, and look right, do not seem to find blocks, so you have to do ever instance from scratch....

I've been using cloned instances and they've each been finding their own coins.
Activity: 321
Hey guys, I'm a linux newbie, I tried to compile this and got this error:

[...]

...just to make sure it is not because of the missing compiler...
Code:
apt-get install gcc g++
Activity: 602
Merit: 500

I already installed these prior to it:
Code:
apt-get install make
apt-get install git
git clone https://github.com/mikaelh2/primecoin
apt-get install libgmp-dev

Code:
sudo apt-get update
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

Code:
apt-get install make
apt-get install git

try my build

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2725913
Activity: 112
Independent Analyst

Code:
apt-get install make
apt-get install git
Activity: 359
What if same rpcuser and rpcpassword are set for each machine? Does the network see it as a one big instance?
No, RPC is only between you and the daemon, never public.

thanks

is there any reason and image would not work??? as an istance...eg ir runs but never finds a block?

How can you certain about that? I mean if it runs, ie the primespersec value greater than 0, it may take many many hours to find a block depending on your luck.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

How identical are images? Is even the entropy pool imaged, for example, so that they all pick the exact same "random" nonce and sequence of transactions and coinbase contents, thus all orphan each other since they are all mining the exact same block in a race to see which of tem mines it first, the rest being orphaned?

-MarkM-
legendary
What if same rpcuser and rpcpassword are set for each machine? Does the network see it as a one big instance?
No, RPC is only between you and the daemon, never public.

thanks

is there any reason and image would not work??? as an istance...eg ir runs but never finds a block?
Activity: 359

Are you using a service provider such Amazon? If yes, how much does it cost you to run that per hour?

4.5$ per hour

legendary
Jump to: