Pages:
Author

Topic: [XPM] [ANN] Primecoin High Performance | HP14 released! - page 12. (Read 397587 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Yeah you leave the "10" (integer) part off:  10.1326 becomes 0.1326

As for if parameters should be changed, well someone smarter than me will need to weigh in for that.  Embarrassed
Activity: 314
Merit: 100
So with the diff change to 10+ now do we still use the default parameters when solo mining?
Or should there be some changes to optimize the process?

Good question, and how do you apply the new formula mikaelh posted?

Say I have 0.433335 cpd...I get something like this (which makes no sense): 0,43335 * (1 - 10.1326 + 0.035)

huh O.o  Huh

Fractional diff is the diff minus the integer part, so your formula should read 0.43335 * (1-.1326+0.035) = 0.39105504
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
So with the diff change to 10+ now do we still use the default parameters when solo mining?

Good question, and how do you apply the new formula mikaelh posted?

Say I have 0.433335 cpd...I get something like this (which makes no sense): 0,43335 * (1 - 10.1326 + 0.035)

huh O.o  Huh
Activity: 441
Merit: 250
Activity: 294
Friendly reminder... Primecoin Buzz Mobile App has been UPDATED!!

Source =>  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.primecoin.buzz

Want to add your resource to our app?

Pm me with details and let's chat about getting your site/service/marketplace added to the app.

And here is how they look on my phone with Primecoin Buzz
and my other Crypto Apps available for Free @ Google Play.
Activity: 516
CAT.EX Exchange
That vertical-turns-into-horizontal shape is a confusing artifact of the 1/x function as real difficulty x changes at a constant rate. The fractional difficulty should have been defined as x -- how difficult it is to find a valide N-chain.
Yup, the Primecoin network has finally reached difficulty 10. Chains/day values should be about 27 times lower now. This is to be expected because chains/day is now trying to predict how many 10-chains will be found.

Because the fractional component in diff 10 is still so large (>99%) as expected the daily mining reward is essentially the same. We'll see how its going when it 'stabilizes'. I see on your charts its more or less a vertical trace at the moment (probably will be for the first day).
Activity: 301
Yup, the Primecoin network has finally reached difficulty 10. Chains/day values should be about 27 times lower now. This is to be expected because chains/day is now trying to predict how many 10-chains will be found.
I hope you're all enjoying your new chainsperday values  Grin
Activity: 301
I updated the FAQ in my first post a bit. Most importantly I added the revised blocks/day formula there.

The revised formula is:
blocks/day = chains/day * (1 - fracDiff + 0.035)

Note that the old formula is still used in many places like the bot on Freenode and Anty's website.
Activity: 441
brutal. havnt found a block in days. they were coming in by the handfuls last week.....killing me...
Activity: 1036
Sorry to bust into this thread like a noob, but I just got into Primecoin and I have a couple mining questions:

1. Does Primecoin HP make the original Primecoin-qt obsolete for mining? Are they close? Will the original client be updated?

2. I have around 8 rigs for LTC mining. They vary from Semprons and dual cores up to a Q6600 and some i7's, are all of these worth mining on?

3. As my test rig, I have an i7 950 running at 3ghz, using 3 cores I get around 465 pps using the basic primecoin-qt client. How do I calculate my XPM per day?

4. Solo mining? Pool mining?

5. Does this make Prime95 obsolete? haha

Thanks guys
Activity: 604
Why does the slope of the difficulty suddently gets much higher when going from x.99 to (x+1).00 ?

At x.99 all (x+1)-chains (and higher) are accepted plus 1% of the x-chains.
At (x+1).00, only (x+1)-chains (and higher) are accepted.

So it doesn't look like mining is getting easier when the integral part of the difficulty increments. However, historically, we did not observe that. What am i missing?

Can one adjust some mining parameters in function of the target chain length? Which ones?

Thanks,

AB.

Now that we are past 9.99 I believe it is slightly better to search for 10 chains now. But the advantage is small and you have to compile from source to change it, there is no runtime flag.

Can one adjust some mining parameters

Honestly, its one of those "if you have to ask the question, you shouldn't do it" kind of things. Many here have tried and failed to optimize parameters. Mikaelh and Sunny King and others have already put a lot of time into testing different parameters, and accordingly the default parameters used in each version have changed throughout its development.
Activity: 181
Merit: 100
Is the github repo out of date? Seems so: compare http://sourceforge.net/projects/primecoin-hp/files to https://github.com/mikaelh2/primecoin

update: the files deeper in the tree are up to date, i guess, version off github in -qt says hp11, etc.

however, when I run the -qt (which is the qt interface + primecoind, really), i see only 100-300% cpu on a 16 core Opt 6262HE cpu - should I be running it 8 or 16 times? When it started
it ran at 1500+% cpu for a bit, then jumped around 500-1200 for a while before settling to 100-300... then again Im not caught up on the blockchain yet.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Why does the slope of the difficulty suddently gets much higher when going from x.99 to (x+1).00 ?

At x.99 all (x+1)-chains (and higher) are accepted plus 1% of the x-chains.
At (x+1).00, only (x+1)-chains (and higher) are accepted.

So it doesn't look like mining is getting easier when the integral part of the difficulty increments. However, historically, we did not observe that. What am i missing?

Can one adjust some mining parameters in function of the target chain length? Which ones?

Thanks,

AB.
donator
Activity: 406
Merit: 252
Study the past, if you would divine the future.
Would be cool if the block reward was bigger for bigger primes or longer chains!

Faster block generation time: The Bitcoin protocol aims for a target rate of creating 1 new block every 10 minutes.[7] In contrast, The Primecoin protocol's target rate is 1 new block per minute.[9]

Faster transaction confirmations: Since Primecoin blocks are generated 10 times as fast as Bitcoin blocks on average, Primecoin transactions are confirmed approximately 10 times as fast.[9]

Smoother difficulty adjustment: The Bitcoin protocol adjusts its difficulty every 2016 blocks (approximately 2 weeks) to achieve its the target rate of 1 block per 10 minutes.[9] In contrast, the Primecoin protocol adjusts its difficulty slightly every block.[9]

Self-adjusting block reward: The Bitcoin protocol incorporates a controlled currency supply algorithm which allows only 21 million Bitcoins to ever be created.[11] The rate at which new Bitcoins are created is also controlled by the Bitcoin protocol.[7] The Primecoin protocol takes a different approach: the number of Primecoins released per block is always equal to 999 divided by the square of the difficulty.[9]
donator
Activity: 406
Merit: 252
Study the past, if you would divine the future.
I enjoy mining XPM a lot, admin was doing pretty well with the recent updates but he hasn't released any in months, I would love to donate to help him out or if anyone would like to create one and we can all chip in to help that would be great!
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
i have found a block with my i5 2500k working with 3 cores(i need the other core for cgminer)
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
THanks

PK98HMXggd9hmHS8tU4gtxNnZrduh6DCsz
Pages:
Jump to: