Pages:
Author

Topic: [XPM] [ANN] Primecoin High Performance | HP14 released! - page 13. (Read 397587 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 250
Would be cool if the block reward was bigger for bigger primes or longer chains!
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010
XPM is one of the many suported currencies usable at http://www.cryptogamekeys.com Smiley

If there is any form of bounty for sites accepting XPM as a payment method, please send it to AcuRysKQWCMFG4zEaqoxqhSj1n4KiB4wUB Smiley

Looking forward to the first XPM customer!
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
It looks like we might be stuck in diff 9 land for a while longer...

https://i.imgur.com/X2UHLuj.png
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
I have the same problem (Assertion Failed error).
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
There is an 'assertion failed' that would be nice to have fixed.
I see it every night and unfortunately that stops the mining process (I guess) and the blockchain is no longer up to date.
Hi guys,

Is HP12 coming out soon?

Was there something it specifically needed or do you just like incremental numbers?
donator
Activity: 406
Merit: 252
Study the past, if you would divine the future.
Hi guys,

Is HP12 coming out soon?
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
My personal results imply that a sievesize of 2000000 is not beneficial at all. Is this common knowledge?
Activity: 516
CAT.EX Exchange

You can actually see that happening before in my charts:
http://xpm.muuttuja.org/charts/

If you look closely enough, the network block rate seems to have dropped when we went from 8.996 to 9.0. Of course we were using an older version of the mining algorithm back then which probably behaved slightly different.

OpenDNS has blocked xpm.muuttuja.org due to a security threat that was discovered by the Umbrella Labs.

If you think this shouldn't be blocked, please email us at [email protected].

That explains a lot of things. What is the nature of the threat ?
Activity: 19

You can actually see that happening before in my charts:
http://xpm.muuttuja.org/charts/

If you look closely enough, the network block rate seems to have dropped when we went from 8.996 to 9.0. Of course we were using an older version of the mining algorithm back then which probably behaved slightly different.

OpenDNS has blocked xpm.muuttuja.org due to a security threat that was discovered by the Umbrella Labs.

If you think this shouldn't be blocked, please email us at [email protected].
Activity: 457
At 4,88 Chains/day  you get 4,88 9-Chains a day.

At diff 9,961 there are 96,1% of all 9 chains worthless: 0,19 Blocks / day from 9 chains.

You´ll find 10 and (if you are lucky) 11 chains but very seldom. So expect one block per week at current diff
Activity: 14
Damn, I am spinning at:
{
"blocks" : 275598,
"chainspermin" : 55,
"chainsperday" : 4.88008191,
"currentblocksize" : 1226,
"currentblocktx" : 1,
"difficulty" : 9.96119422,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : true,
"genproclimit" : -1,
"primespersec" : 9610,
"pooledtx" : 1,
"sieveextensions" : 9,
"sievepercentage" : 10,
"sievesize" : 1000000,
"testnet" : false
}

but after 8h i does not want to come out!
hi guys,

im getting this error with my windows x64 version, here is my reddit thread, http://www.reddit.com/r/primecoin/comments/1rcoug/primecoin_high_performance_warning_notice_what/

any help would be much appreciated!

I've not encountered this specific one before, but you could try:

- Checking your computers clock region and that the time is in sync with an internet time source (this has caused other people lots of strange problems it seems)
- Ensure the computer is stable under high load (with a CPU stress tester like Intel Burn In Test or OCCT) and testing memory with a CD/USB of Memtest86+
- Ensure your storage device containing the data files is in good health (you'd probably have many other problems if this was the cause)
- Double check any command line parameters you may be using to launch the .exe
- Delete the data directory and try again. On windows it lives in /userprofile/AppData/Roaming/Primecoin

You can skip through the blockchain download by copying the files in the path above from a machine that works. However, not all the files should be copied (eg wallet.dat). I usually only copy:

which seems to work well.

donator
Activity: 406
Merit: 252
Study the past, if you would divine the future.
hi guys,

im getting this error with my windows x64 version, here is my reddit thread, http://www.reddit.com/r/primecoin/comments/1rcoug/primecoin_high_performance_warning_notice_what/

any help would be much appreciated!
I've been out of XPM mining for a while now, was thinking about starting again.  Are people still using this to solo? is there anything better now?

Yes, i prefer to solo, not interested in pool unless the pool miner is substantially faster.

I run solo at home and also at work, but there are a lot of machines so I see blocks regularly: if you only have 1 or a few machines to mine on then pooled mining might be better for you.

I personally doubt that any pooled mining client will be faster at finding blocks than HP11.

I have tried a couple of the pools but dislike relying on a 3rd parties servers.
Activity: 105
Merit: 10
Is this optimized miner better than the miners released for rpool or ypool?
Activity: 363
I've been out of XPM mining for a while now, was thinking about starting again.  Are people still using this to solo? is there anything better now?

Yes, i prefer to solo, not interested in pool unless the pool miner is substantially faster.
Also how does one calculate the possible amount of coins you mine based on chains per day?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3487226

Quote from: abdulmad

Thanks for the very informative response, this will be running at work so power is not an issue, the server is being delivered tomorrow. So will check when it runs tomorrow. Now that you mentioned the poor performance I just realised my amd fx 8350 compared to my I7 3770 is only doing half the amount chains per day, is it that in general amd performs poorly when mining primecoin oppose to intel?

AMD enterprise CPU feature large numbers (4/6/8/12 or more?) of cores which are each usually quite slow compared to intel CPU. Whereas intel focuses on faster cores but seldom more than 4 or 6 physical cores per chip. While it may seem like intel is a 'winner' in terms of performance, its a lot more complex than this: eg. Opterons are usually cheaper than the equivalent intel CPU and sometimes are more efficient. Their high-binned HE (high-efficiency) CPUs are outstanding when comparing operations per Joule (energy efficiency) but as these are creme-of-the-crop dies they cost more.

So no, as long as the CPU is at 100% load, and not being hogged by other programs/services, and is running 64-bit HP miner, then you are getting top performance.

Perhaps intel has a edge over AMD thanks to their on-chip technologies eg. SSE4, however, I think I would have to hand over to mikaelh for that one.
Activity: 672
Also how does one calculate the possible amount of coins you mine based on chains per day?
Activity: 672
Ok guys i managed to acquire a HP ProLiant DL585 G7 Server, fully poppulated with 4 AMD 64 FX dual-core Opteron 6278's, thats a total of 64 cores running at 2400 default and 2.7 Ghz turbo for 600$, good deal or bad deal. Which will be the best use for this server, solo or pool mine. Your thoughts?

You'll probably never recover your initial expenditure of $600. However, depending on other specs, getting a G7 for that price is probably not too bad. You can possibly resell it for more than that in the future (on eBay) when you're done mining with it.

How much power consumption at 100% load? I hope your running it at work where that doesn't matter. Also, noise.

Solo or pool depends on how long you can wait between payouts. I'd probably just aim for solo.

Although the number of cores sounds impressive, like many people here who've gotten high-core opterons you may be disappointed with the overall performance.

At 100% load what is your chainsperday in HP11? From there you can estimate how much coin it will generate and how quickly it'll start paying itself off.

Thanks for the very informative response, this will be running at work so power is not an issue, the server is being delivered tomorrow. So will check when it runs tomorrow. Now that you mentioned the poor performance I just realised my amd fx 8350 compared to my I7 3770 is only doing half the amount chains per day, is it that in general amd performs poorly when mining primecoin oppose to intel?
Pages:
Jump to: