Pages:
Author

Topic: [XPM] [ANN] Primecoin High Performance | HP14 released! - page 8. (Read 397587 times)

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
Can you add this to the next release so that we all can at least see it when running getmininginfo/getinfo?

The latest code already shows blocks/day when running getmininginfo.

On another note, I pushed more fixes to Github. I think I finally fixed the CCheckQueueControl assertion errors with this commit:
https://github.com/mikaelh2/primecoin/commit/e1784f808908e5ac5c17125091ab3666e8e8c591

Official Windows binaries coming anytime soon ?
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Can you add this to the next release so that we all can at least see it when running getmininginfo/getinfo?

On another note, I pushed more fixes to Github. I think I finally fixed the CCheckQueueControl assertion errors with this commit:
https://github.com/mikaelh2/primecoin/commit/e1784f808908e5ac5c17125091ab3666e8e8c591

Thx, see it now with the latest compile! (Updated: looks like the performance is increased once again with the latest build)

BTW, any testing or performance on the latest Apple 12-core Mac Pro?
Activity: 301
Merit: 250

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Hey guys I'm trying to solomine xpm for the first time. And after I launch qt I've got my CPU running at 100% BUT getmininginfo shows primespersec is 0. My CPU - Core i7 2600K overclocked. How can I ensure that I'm mining?

{
"blocks" : 353416,
"chainspermin" : 0,
"chainsperday" : 0.00000000,
"currentblocksize" : 1906,
"currentblocktx" : 4,
"difficulty" : 10.32599312,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : true,
"genproclimit" : 7,
"primespersec" : 0,
"pooledtx" : 4,
"sieveextensions" : 9,
"sievepercentage" : 10,
"sievesize" : 1000000,
"testnet" : false
}

Solved

You can use genproclimit 8 and set the priority to low. You can do this via shortcut path or by batch file. There is no need to leave a dedicated free thread.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
Hey guys I'm trying to solomine xpm for the first time. And after I launch qt I've got my CPU running at 100% BUT getmininginfo shows primespersec is 0. My CPU - Core i7 2600K overclocked. How can I ensure that I'm mining?

{
"blocks" : 353416,
"chainspermin" : 0,
"chainsperday" : 0.00000000,
"currentblocksize" : 1906,
"currentblocktx" : 4,
"difficulty" : 10.32599312,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : true,
"genproclimit" : 7,
"primespersec" : 0,
"pooledtx" : 4,
"sieveextensions" : 9,
"sievepercentage" : 10,
"sievesize" : 1000000,
"testnet" : false
}

Solved
Activity: 157
Merit: 100
Hello Coins
Here's an updated formula for calculating blocks/day:

blocks/day = chains/day * (0.97 * (1 - fracDiff) + 0.03)

Here fracDiff is the fractional part of the difficulty, i.e. fracDiff = diff - floor(diff).

This is simply assuming that it's a 0.03 probability for the (k+1)'th number being prime in a chain. These result in longer chains which are not subject to the fractional difficulty. This number was produced by the function EstimateNormalPrimeProbability() in my latest code. It's a bit smaller than my previous estimate of 0.035 being the probability.

Good one. I will add this to my bot, thanks!

Here fracDiff is the fractional part of the difficulty, i.e. fracDiff = diff - floor(diff).

This is simply assuming that it's a 0.03 probability for the (k+1)'th number being prime in a chain. These result in longer chains which are not subject to the fractional difficulty. This number was produced by the function EstimateNormalPrimeProbability() in my latest code. It's a bit smaller than my previous estimate of 0.035 being the probability.

Activity: 278
Has anyone compiled the latest git version for windows 64 ?

I have (obviously) but I'm not quite ready to make a release yet. I've been working on some other improvements that I want to get done before I make a release. I pushed a whole bunch of commits to github if someone wants to have a look.

Please compile the current beta version for windows x86.

current algorithms uses 64bit capablity to accelerate mining. x86 is so slow you mighy as well use old miners that came with x86 binaries.

Hmmm, a modern day x86 CPU is capable of executing 16-bit, 32-bit, and 64-bit instructions.
EDIT: We are also seeing a slight increase in speed(chainsperday). Should we leave new sieve options default or is it ok to use modified options that worked well in previous version ?

The defaults should still be pretty good. I did get rid of -sievepercentage in favor of -sievefilterprimes. -sievefilterprimes is used to specify the exact number of primes that will be filtered out by the sieve (instead of some percentage of a number that depends on -sievesize). The default is 7849 based on the old defaults.

There's also two new parameters you can try:

* -l1cachesize determines the sieve segment size (in bytes). This should be the size of the L1 or L2 cache (or some other number close to them). The default value is 28000. This value has a minor impact on mining performance.

* -primorial determines the primorial that is used as a multiplier in all candidate numbers. This should a small prime number such as 47 or 53. Use the parameters -debug -printprimorial to see which primorials are used by default. This value has a minor impact on mining performance.

The rest of the documentation is here:
https://github.com/mikaelh2/primecoin/blob/master/doc/README.md

Make sure new official build is difficulty 11 ready, at the current rate we will be hitting 11 diff. early Feb. Sad

HP11 should already work just fine with difficulty 11. And I doubt we'll be hitting difficulty 11 that soon because it would require 30 times more mining power.
Activity: 516
Merit: 500
CAT.EX Exchange

I have (obviously) but I'm not quite ready to make a release yet. I've been working on some other improvements that I want to get done before I make a release. I pushed a whole bunch of commits to github if someone wants to have a look.

current algorithms uses 64bit capablity to accelerate mining. x86 is so slow you mighy as well use old miners that came with x86 binaries.
legendary

Make sure new official build is difficulty 11 ready, at the current rate we will be hitting 11 diff. early Feb. Sad

Any scripts that can automate this on VPS?
Activity: 15
So I compiled this on ubuntu 13.10 and I seem to get a segmentation error/can't connect to server as at approaches or reaches difficulty 10 (when downloading the block).  Is anyone else seeing this?  I have another server running the non updated version for multi-wallet.

error: couldn't connect to server
[1]+  Segmentation fault      (core dumped) ./primecoind

This is in the debug.log
ERROR: mempool transaction missing input

EDIT: I was able to start it up for a very shot period of time before it failed again but I noticed this occurs somewhere between 279042 - 279060 blocks.  I figured it was too much of a coincidence if two separate PCs experienced this at the same time.

I haven't seen this issue before but similar issues have happened with Bitcoin before. They seems to be related to the wallet mining code, so try starting the wallet without the miner.

Thanks that works.
legendary

Activity: 392
Who can explain as complexity grows, in how many complexity 10.5 is more than complexity 10?

About 2x

http://primecoin.org/static/primecoin-paper.pdf

d = k + (pk-r)/pk
I so have understood, that d - - complexity how properly to use the formula, to define the future complexity concerning today's hardware?
Activity: 5

I've been working on some other improvements that I want to get done before I make a release. I pushed a whole bunch of commits to github if someone wants to have a look.

You have been busy as a bee - looks very good and compiles without problems on my gentoo linux!
legendary

New debug.log chain statistics look great!
EDIT: We are also seeing a slight increase in speed(chainsperday). Should we leave new sieve options default or is it ok to use modified options that worked well in previous version ?

So I compiled this on ubuntu 13.10 and I seem to get a segmentation error/can't connect to server as at approaches or reaches difficulty 10 (when downloading the block).  Is anyone else seeing this?  I have another server running the non updated version for multi-wallet.

error: couldn't connect to server
[1]+  Segmentation fault      (core dumped) ./primecoind

This is in the debug.log
ERROR: mempool transaction missing input

EDIT: I was able to start it up for a very shot period of time before it failed again but I noticed this occurs somewhere between 279042 - 279060 blocks.  I figured it was too much of a coincidence if two separate PCs experienced this at the same time.

I haven't seen this issue before but similar issues have happened with Bitcoin before. They seems to be related to the wallet mining code, so try starting the wallet without the miner.
Pages:
Jump to: