Pages:
Author

Topic: [XPM] [ANN] Primecoin High Performance | HP14 released! - page 17. (Read 397587 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
$4 (2 blocks) at 0.55 chainsperday (HP11).

2 blocks are worth more than 4$ those past days !

I am split testing between HP11 and HP10

So far, I seem to be getting better results with HP10 in terms of ChainsPerDay and coins I've mined. However, I've mined 5 blocks in 24 hours... not bad Smiley
Activity: 476

2 blocks are worth more than 4$ those past days !
Activity: 294
Want to help Primecoin Network Expand to the masses?   

I am looking for others with Twitter Accounts to give us a hand here in getting Primecoin Media/Press attention.

Find out how to get involved @ https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/primecoin-xpm-social-media-team-d-d-305956 and follow http://twitter.com/Primecoiner

We will start tweeting soon, and need you, a supporter, to help us ReTweet the message!
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
My toshiba tecra with i5 begs to differ, running at 100% for the last 3 months 24/7.

Shocked

What did you earn so far?

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
shutdown every few days without notice
This started happening after hp-8.

Don't know if this is related but I have a win7 laptop that shuts down at night once in a while with the ypool miner. From the system event log it appears that the laptop just weny to sleep.  In power management I had set it so that it should never sleep. It's strange.

Keep an eye on your cpu core temps. Your fan may need a cleaning.

Makes sense. My laptop went to sleep during the hot summer days.

Siesta time perhaps?  Cheesy
Activity: 359
My toshiba tecra with i5 begs to differ, running at 100% for the last 3 months 24/7.

Shocked

What did you earn so far?
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
Yeah, I know the drill...hmmm, I'll keep trying and I'll overclock it.
Activity: 321
Can anyone help with compiling the hp11 miner in ubuntu? I compiled it with the optimizations listed in mikaelh's guide and am only getting 1 CPD, which seems rather low for an FX 8320 octocore...
Thoughts?

You seem to have run into the same problems as I did: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3199976
And as the architecture of the FX-8320 and the Opteron 3280 is similar (ok, one is Piledriver, the other Bulldozer) I doubt you find a way to bring this thing to speed.
But if you do, please tell me; I failed trying to squeeze more than 0.8-someting CPD out of hp11.

Although each of the four modules in the CPU has a dedicated integer cluster, they behave more like a 4-core CPU with multi-threading than an 8-core CPU - even for integer operations.
My Phenom II 1090T is way faster, although it has only 6 cores...
Clearly -- the interesting thing is that it only happens under the stress of running the primecoin miner
Indeed. Primecoin is also memory intensive, so you could try running http://www.memtest.org/

Laptops are never good at running at 100% utilization though.

My toshiba tecra with i5 begs to differ, running at 100% for the last 3 months 24/7. I have slightly modified its cooling system to blow more air through the 'cleaning access hatch' which is usually used to access the heatsink fins without having to pull the laptop apart. It runs at 75 deg C and the CPU is rated (according to intel) to a maximum operating temp of 125 deg C.

But if you just take a random laptop and have no idea about its specifications or cleanliness and start running primecoin on it, you'll have yourself a new paperweight soon enough.
Activity: 516
CAT.EX Exchange

Don't know if this is related but I have a win7 laptop that shuts down at night once in a while with the ypool miner. From the system event log it appears that the laptop just weny to sleep.  In power management I had set it so that it should never sleep. It's strange.

Makes sense. My laptop went to sleep during the hot summer days.
Activity: 473
Your systems are unstable and/or trying their last resort to protect themselves from thermal damage.

Clearly -- the interesting thing is that it only happens under the stress of running the primecoin miner

Good suggestions, thank you everyone
Activity: 812
Can anyone help with compiling the hp11 miner in ubuntu? I compiled it with the optimizations listed in mikaelh's guide and am only getting 1 CPD, which seems rather low for an FX 8320 octocore...
Thoughts?
Your systems are unstable and/or trying their last resort to protect themselves from thermal damage.
Activity: 669

Has anyone else experienced this, or just something odd about these 2 machines?

This has nothing to do with your primecoin.conf but is more likely a problem related to the computer itself i'm sure !
Activity: 516
CAT.EX Exchange

I have 6 machines running hp-11 x64 Win7;  My .conf file contains very few settings:
rpcuser=solo
rpcpassword=x
rpcport=9912
port=9911
daemon=1
server=1
gen=1
listen=1
maxconnections=100
seednode=primeseed.muuttuja.org
addnode=107.20.202.112
addnode=54.225.123.87
(plus a few more add nodes)

So, here is the problem.  2 of the machines (intel Q6600 and FX; both with 8GB) shutdown every few days without notice

Has anyone else experienced this, or just something odd about these 2 machines?
1.90 chains/day its normal for core i5 2500k (4.6Ghz, hp-11) ?

That looks about normal !
Activity: 820

Since I've had 8 PCs mining for a week several have coins in them. It takes a long time for them to mature, but I guess I could send them to my broker and then pick a wallet.dat file and copy it around.

Am I supposed to put "keypool=1000" on every PC or just the master? Will all clients share the same 1,000 keys???

Thanks much for your help! This is not intuitive at all.

The "keypool=1000" does only work when creating a new wallet.dat file as far as I remember. Creation of a wallet.dat is only done when no wallet.dat is found at "%appdata%\primecoin" (just open a windows explorer and copy %appdata%\primecoin into the address bar) so you need to backup your wallet.dat and remove it. Create a backup of all other wallet.dat files on the other machines as well. And create a backup of the newly created wallet.dat. After having created that consider that the master file which needs to be copied to all other machines. With that same wallet.dat on all the machines, they share the same keys. If you think 1000 is too low, make it more Wink

That's not accurate, you can run keypool=xxxx against an existing wallet to increase the number of keys. Then encrypt the wallet immediately before copying it to your miners.  Each miner will then take a key from the pool when it mines a block, so in theory each miner can mine 1000 blocks each before running out of keys.  When that happens, the pool will be refreshed with new keys and the miners will be mining blocks that dont show up in your local wallet.  But if you're mining 1000 blocks per machine any time soon, you're doing something that the rest of us aren't Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: