Pages:
Author

Topic: [XPM] [ANN] Primecoin High Performance | HP14 released! - page 29. (Read 397601 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
thanks
but my question is : L5639 costs about 90$ ,dual 1366 socket motherboard is about 120$
is it worth for mining XPM ??
i think that i only purchase L5639 for mining purpose  Grin
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
has anyone tried Xeon L5639 yet  Huh
is it worth to buy at ~ 90$ ?

Is it a 1366 xeon? Then yeah, it's quite decent.
yes,it is
picture from web

with 10 L5639s (df and oced to 3.6Ghz),how much income from mining XMP  Huh

i have a 5639 dualsocket server , running ubuntu 12.04 amd64 primecoin-hp10 
and here are my results :
primecoind getmininginfo{
    "blocks" : 138481,
    "chainspermin" : 46,
    "chainsperday" : 3.77730295,
    "currentblocksize" : 1000,
    "currentblocktx" : 0,
    "difficulty" : 9.82679260,
    "errors" : "",
    "generate" : true,
    "genproclimit" : -1,
    "primespersec" : 3931,
    "pooledtx" : 0,
    "sieveextensions" : 6,
    "sievepercentage" : 10,
    "sievesize" : 1000000,
    "testnet" : false
}
in comparision here is hp10 on cent 6 , dual 2650s :
primecoind getmininginfo{
    "blocks" : 138482,
    "chainspermin" : 55,
    "chainsperday" : 6.34229883,
    "currentblocksize" : 1000,
    "currentblocktx" : 0,
    "difficulty" : 9.82675713,
    "errors" : "",
    "generate" : true,
    "genproclimit" : -1,
    "primespersec" : 6681,
    "pooledtx" : 1,
    "sieveextensions" : 6,
    "sievepercentage" : 10,
    "sievesize" : 1000000,
    "testnet" : false
}

you can only overclock it in single cpu configuration , not dual socket ! , what do you mean does it worth it , if it is 90$ a month , with current prices , that's unlikely to return the investment . if you are purchasing it , do you need it for any other reason ?
Activity: 546
Merit: 500

yes,it is
mg]http://img03.taobaocdn.com/imgextra/i3/41935106/T2LXMIXaVXXXXXXXXX_!!41935106.gif[/img]

Quite a bit, I wouldn't dare to speculate on a quantitative figure. At least a few blocks a day on average. Question is, can you make a return on it, since it looks like (based on the the OS, W7?)these CPUs would be running in 'desktop servers' that you probably purchased.

yes,it is
picture from web

Activity: 274
Sounds like sieving has some kind of diminishing returns. However, does the returns for the primecoin mining overall scales more or less linearly with computing power (e.g., same architecture, higher clock speed)?
Activity: 114
Merit: 10
selling 100$ aws amazon web services credit-code
pm me with offers Smiley

I am not sure if it works anywhere else other than your own account. If it does - I am dead wrong! and would kick myself for turning down a similar offer earlier.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Activity: 552
Merit: 500
hmm hp10 blows up on my core i7 795 box..

Just fyi, i tracked this down.. some how I added some text to my primecoin.conf file .. I think I had it open and adjusted some info but had some random chrs on one line, so yea this crashed the app.. prob shouldn't do that, but if your seeing something similar maybe look in your config..
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
The very first Bitcoin investment trust proposal is sitting on SEC's table. Hope it can get approved and goes to the mainstream retail investors:

http://pdf.secdatabase.com/956/0001193125-13-279830.pdf
http://www.secdatabase.com/CIK/1579346/Company-Name/WINKLEVOSS-BITCOIN-TRUST

The regulation might be a good thing as more people and organization can invest in this new type of currency.

If the mining of the XPM is not limited to big whales, and thus less price fluctuation, we will see better adoption of XPM and brighter futures. To most investors, the price fluctuation is risk. Investor does not like risks, and day traders are not investors.

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001
selling 100$ aws amazon web services credit-code
pm me with offers Smiley
Difficulty is starting to seriously be felt !
Sy
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003
Bounty Detective

Running hp10 since monday morning, found 3 blocks on monday with 20 cores, none today - guess it still comes down to luck Cheesy

Oh and 2 blocks over the weekend with hp9

Which instance type did you use? I found the c1.xlarge is the most cost effective. By running HP10 the blocks generated can cover 90% of the bill, given I bought the discounted AWS Credit code to fund the running cost, I am still at profit with sizable margin.

None, running it on 3 i7 quads, one xeon octo, 775 quad and an ivy i5 quad xD
Activity: 820
There are a couple of types. Some people are reselling the Intel Promo codes (i.e. Power of 60) and you can only use one of those. There are others.
Ah cool, good to know.  I think I may have got the wrong one then, which is a bit shit really!
Because I use the AWS Credit purchased from ebay - the discount of 50% contributed to the profit margin.
Indeed. Between the PowerOf60 promo and 3 ebay credits (Max I think or maybe by promo) you can get $400 worth of compute time for ~$150. But past that it wont pay for itself Wink

Edit: Math fix. Could of sworn the PowerOf60 was 200, must be thinking of Azure.
I couldn't get the $100 ones off ebay to work for me - I get an error saying only one promotion code can be applied.  Anyway I have one for sale if anyone is interested PM me
There is another type of code, that you can apply three codes to each account.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
I not use any kind of messenger beware of scammers
There are a couple of types. Some people are reselling the Intel Promo codes (i.e. Power of 60) and you can only use one of those. There are others.
Activity: 820
Because I use the AWS Credit purchased from ebay - the discount of 50% contributed to the profit margin.
Indeed. Between the PowerOf60 promo and 3 ebay credits (Max I think or maybe by promo) you can get $400 worth of compute time for ~$150. But past that it wont pay for itself Wink

Edit: Math fix. Could of sworn the PowerOf60 was 200, must be thinking of Azure.
I couldn't get the $100 ones off ebay to work for me - I get an error saying only one promotion code can be applied.  Anyway I have one for sale if anyone is interested PM me
Activity: 364
I'm going to be lucky if my free $200 Azure credit makes me $50.  Sad
Activity: 210
I not use any kind of messenger beware of scammers

Running hp10 since monday morning, found 3 blocks on monday with 20 cores, none today - guess it still comes down to luck Cheesy

Oh and 2 blocks over the weekend with hp9

Which instance type did you use? I found the c1.xlarge is the most cost effective. By running HP10 the blocks generated can cover 90% of the bill, given I bought the discounted AWS Credit code to fund the running cost, I am still at profit with sizable margin.

If it only covers 90% of the bill, how are you "still at profit with sizable margin"? And the falling exchange rate certainly isn't helping...

Pages:
Jump to: