Pages:
Author

Topic: [XPM] [ANN] Primecoin High Performance | HP14 released! - page 28. (Read 397601 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
HP10 definitely more faster than HP9, I think the diff will going to 10 very soon.
I also selling my AWS $100 Credit for BTC LTC XPM, PM me with your offer.
Activity: 516
Merit: 500
ypool is by far the best, since it is the only one
Well ... if you have a fast CPU ypool is actually not the best ...
My 8 core Opteron finds a block every two to three days (~20->30 XPM), where as on ypool I only got 4 to 5 XPM in the same period.
Started solo and getting way more XPM's  Grin
I fully agree, that mining solo is better if you can stand the variance. Bu he asked for the best pool, not for the best way of mining.
true ...  Smiley
so go for ypool please ... better chance for me in finding blocks!
Thank you!  Wink
Activity: 457
Merit: 250
My 8 core Opteron finds a block every two to three days (~20->30 XPM), where as on ypool I only got 4 to 5 XPM in the same period.

I fully agree, that mining solo is better if you can stand the variance. Bu he asked for the best pool, not for the best way of mining.
Activity: 532
its all about luck my celeron found 2 block in 2 days, i5 none Tongue
I highly agree.  Since switching to -hp10 I've found 9 blocks between 5 computers... both Core2Quads and both i5's have found at least 1... my i7 has struck out.
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
edit: I take my offer back...

Am interesting in binary for centos 5.6 however.
Activity: 457
Activity: 781
Merit: 501
which are the best pool to min XPM now guys?
Activity: 359
I'm also selling 100$ aws amazon web services credit-code

Pm me to make offer
CAT.EX Exchange
I am using ypool's jhprimeminer (new but now the newest version) to benchmark because it tells you not only 5-chains/h but also 6, 7, 8, 9 chains/h rates. It seems that 5-chains/h scales linearly with CPU speed (core numbers) but longer chains benefit from faster machines more.
It would be helpful if hp11 has statistics of higher chain rates (up to 10, I hope) in the log file.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
I not use any kind of messenger beware of scammers
Anyone wants to take this question? Any ideas?
Without any way of benchmarking I am not sure how one would answer this.  All we have is chains per day (cpd). Those appear to scale linearly with cores (up to 12 at least) on the same architecture and would increase with frequency but no idea how much (i.e. is 3.2 to 4.5 10% faster or 40% faster) .
Activity: 274
Sounds like sieving has some kind of diminishing returns. However, does the returns for the primecoin mining overall scales more or less linearly with computing power (e.g., same architecture, higher clock speed)?

Anyone wants to take this question? Any ideas?
legendary
Activity: 1899
Merit: 1024
its all about luck my celeron found 2 block in 2 days, i5 none Tongue
Activity: 546
got my first block on hp10 with stock settings after 3 days, mining on a core i3 with -1 idle priority (usually, when I leave the computer, I find a block). but i'm keeping my PC turned on 24/7, not doing really well.
Then consider yourself lucky. I spent three days without a block on an i7 3770k.
I have given up for the moment.

I have gotten improved performance since the hp10 update on my desktop. I got two blocks on the 26th and one tonight on my 3930k. Before that I was just getting a block every four or five days. At the same time, it could still be a lucky streak since I have had mixed luck mining on it previously.

That's a great sample size and statistical analysis you've provided there. It could've easily been due to variance (luck) alone. I wouldn't read too far into it.
Activity: 75
got my first block on hp10 with stock settings after 3 days, mining on a core i3 with -1 idle priority (usually, when I leave the computer, I find a block). but i'm keeping my PC turned on 24/7, not doing really well.
Then consider yourself lucky. I spent three days without a block on an i7 3770k.

I have gotten improved performance since the hp10 update on my desktop. I got two blocks on the 26th and one tonight on my 3930k. Before that I was just getting a block every four or five days. At the same time, it could still be a lucky streak since I have had mixed luck mining on it previously.
Activity: 637
Activity: 105
Activity: 472
thanks
but my question is : L5639 costs about 90$ ,dual 1366 socket motherboard is about 120$
is it worth for mining XPM ??
i think that i only purchase L5639 for mining purpose  Grin

I don't know of any dual socket motherboards besides the SR-2 that have overclocking features. They're all server boards.
Activity: 476
has anyone tried Xeon L5639 yet  Huh
is it worth to buy at ~ 90$ ?

Is it a 1366 xeon? Then yeah, it's quite decent.
yes,it is
mg]http://img03.taobaocdn.com/imgextra/i3/41935106/T2LXMIXaVXXXXXXXXX_!!41935106.gif[/img]
with 10 L5639s (df and oced to 3.6Ghz),how much income from mining XMP  Huh

Quite a bit, I wouldn't dare to speculate on a quantitative figure. At least a few blocks a day on average. Question is, can you make a return on it, since it looks like (based on the the OS, W7?)these CPUs would be running in 'desktop servers' that you probably purchased.
yes,L5639 works fine on 1366 desktop motherboard,you can overclock it easily
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
has anyone tried Xeon L5639 yet  Huh
is it worth to buy at ~ 90$ ?

Is it a 1366 xeon? Then yeah, it's quite decent.
yes,it is
picture from web
http://img03.taobaocdn.com/imgextra/i3/41935106/T2LXMIXaVXXXXXXXXX_!!41935106.gif
with 10 L5639s (df and oced to 3.6Ghz),how much income from mining XMP  Huh

The difficulty will increase to 10.0 soon. Not easy to make a return on current price.
Pages:
Jump to: