Pages:
Author

Topic: [XPM] [ANN] Primecoin High Performance | HP14 released! - page 25. (Read 397625 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
@needsmths

Don`t tuch anything ~2000pps is fine, you can`t compare to ypool miner

Don't change the parameters unless you have a computer science or mathematics degree  Grin

w00t! went back to solo mining w/HP9 and hit a block within 12 hours.

{
"blocks" : 101723,
"chainspermin" : 5,
"chainsperday" : 0.65202060,
"currentblocksize" : 2807,
"currentblocktx" : 8,
"difficulty" : 9.47157931,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : true,
"genproclimit" : 7,
"roundsievepercentage" : 70,
"primespersec" : 1212,
"pooledtx" : 8,
"sievepercentage" : 18,
"sievesize" : 600000,
"testnet" : false
}

Thanks.
Found something in a history. Seems like 2000 is really great )
I've only changed sievepercentage from default 10 to 5 and now see 2218 pps.

Face palm.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
@needsmths

Don't change the parameters unless you have a computer science or mathematics degree  Grin

w00t! went back to solo mining w/HP9 and hit a block within 12 hours.

{
"blocks" : 101723,
"chainspermin" : 5,
"chainsperday" : 0.65202060,
"currentblocksize" : 2807,
"currentblocktx" : 8,
"difficulty" : 9.47157931,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : true,
"genproclimit" : 7,
"roundsievepercentage" : 70,
"primespersec" : 1212,
"pooledtx" : 8,
"sievepercentage" : 18,
"sievesize" : 600000,
"testnet" : false
}

Thanks.
Found something in a history. Seems like 2000 is really great )
I've only changed sievepercentage from default 10 to 5 and now see 2218 pps.
Activity: 516
CAT.EX Exchange
Thanks

Will that preserve the timestamp?

I had issues with this, don't count on it. Sometimes it did sometimes I had the time I imported the prikey.

I think this is a bug and reported it to bitcoin development forum. Only if you import the oldest key first will the time stamp of the block preserved. Or all stamps will be the newest block time.
Activity: 546
Hi all.
I'm new to primecoin.
Its highly difficult to read all 110 pages.
Can someone help me with config to Primecoin-hp10.
Seems like having 2000 pps on my i7 860 on Win8 x64 is not the best.
(ypool showed 4800 pps).
Thank's in advance.

Don't change the parameters unless you have a computer science or mathematics degree  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1901
Merit: 1024
@needsmths

Activity: 26
Hi all.
I'm new to primecoin.
Its highly difficult to read all 110 pages.
Can someone help me with config to Primecoin-hp10.
Seems like having 2000 pps on my i7 860 on Win8 x64 is not the best.
(ypool showed 4800 pps).
Thank's in advance.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
XPM is now tradeable at PhenixEx.

Link is in my sig Smiley

Excellent.

Use the link in my sig and get lower trading fees.
Referral links.. referral links everywhere!
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

Link is in my sig Smiley

Excellent.

Use the link in my sig and get lower trading fees.
Activity: 28

Link is in my sig Smiley
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Thanks

I had issues with this, don't count on it. Sometimes it did sometimes I had the time I imported the prikey.
legendary
Holy seven hells fuck - I got 3 blocks today in a space of 10 hours minining on a Core i5  Roll Eyes  Grin
The last block before this bonanza was mined on 5th August. Maybe I should just turn it off and fire it up on 2-3 October.

EDIT: Off-topic - how does one import the private keys? I have two blocks - one mined on my laptop and another on a friends PC ages back -and I would like to consolidate in my this wallet preserving the time stamp. Is it possible?

primecoind listtransactions
primecoind dumpprivkey

primecoind importprivkey

Thanks

Activity: 476
EDIT: Off-topic - how does one import the private keys? I have two blocks - one mined on my laptop and another on a friends PC ages back -and I would like to consolidate in my this wallet preserving the time stamp. Is it possible?

primecoind listtransactions
primecoind dumpprivkey

primecoind importprivkey
legendary
Holy seven hells fuck - I got 3 blocks today in a space of 10 hours minining on a Core i5  Roll Eyes  Grin
The last block before this bonanza was mined on 5th August. Maybe I should just turn it off and fire it up on 2-3 October.

legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1077
^ Will code for Bitcoins
Just out of curiosity: Why would any altcoin be anything close to worth as BTC? Why would anyone use altcoin (XPM) for transactions rather than:
- tested,
- scalable,
- 51% attack resistant,
BTC?

Because BTC is a lightning rod that attract all sort of attention and attacks? Because BTC is less than 5 years old and 5 years is not much in IT world? Because BTC gives too much advantage to early adopters so the "haves" are bound to be overwhelmed politically by the "have-nots"?

That lightning rod is firmly placed in the ground so all lightnings harmlessly go away. Unlikely for altcoins which if get struck may burn in flames. I think your last remark about "advantage to early adopters" is the key for altcoins popularity, many Johnny-come-latelies would like to be as cool as BTC pioneers who paid 10.000 BTC for a pizza. There is only one original which caries the technology & politics of crypto-currency. But we are already heavily off-topic.
Activity: 516
I'm hardly finding any blocks this week compared to the last one, unlucky or did something major change?
I guess too many people trying their luck (or wasting their money on VPS).  Roll Eyes
Just sit and wait ... the VPS guys will burn all the money they made (initially) before they give up. I call that human stubbornness ... Grin
In 1 or 2 months (wild guess of mine) the situation is "stable".
Stable means the money you spend on electricity is the money you get back in coins (if you live in a place where power is cheap).

Happy mining/burning ...

one4many
Activity: 363
I'm hardly finding any blocks this week compared to the last one, unlucky or did something major change?

I found one since I started mining on my personally-owned server about 3 days ago.

It's funny how you keep saying "personally-owned" over and over again.  Almost like you're trying to hide the fact that you pwnd some box.
Sy
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003
Bounty Detective

I found one since I started mining on my personally-owned server about 3 days ago.

Okay - i found 9 blocks last week, then none for 4 days, 3 yesterday and thats it - but since i'm still way above ypool avg of 4 xpm per day, still good Cheesy
Activity: 406

Sy
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003
Bounty Detective
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
Because BTC is a lightning rod that attract all sort of attention and attacks? Because BTC is less than 5 years old and 5 years is not much in IT world? Because BTC gives too much advantage to early adopters so the "haves" are bound to be overwhelmed politically by the "have-nots"?
Altcoins are no different. They are just more vulnerable.
You can't speak for all altcoins.
*looks at POS coins*.  Wink
Pages:
Jump to: