Pages:
Author

Topic: [XPM] Working on a GPU miner for Primecoin, new thread :) - page 26. (Read 166578 times)

legendary
Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029
Anyone have any testnet addnodes? Smiley
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Has anybody FOUND ANY BLOCKS ??

Its a totally moot point on config & getting it to run if 16 x 7950 cards and 8 hours of "MINING" find nothing

When a block is going to be 0.08 btc or ~ 10$

legendary
always error 28

cannot connect to server

i edited primecoin.conf in appdata with IP and port to no avail, what else do i need to do?

What's your exact config? You are solo mining correct? Scan the target computer for the set port to be open. If you want a fast port-scanner, you can go to http://www.theopeneffect.com/ or download nmap/zenmap. Smiley
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
always error 28

cannot connect to server

i edited primecoin.conf in appdata with IP and port to no avail, what else do i need to do?
Activity: 771
Merit: 258
Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!
I get the same error message with the command window crashing after about 1 minute or so, depending on sievesize, leaving me with the windows is searching for a solution message. Same issues on Win7, Win8, 32 bit or 64 bit platforms.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
I am sure mtrlt will fix it eventually - I doubt he would spend so much time on this project and then leave it in a nearly inoperable state
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000
Getting an app crash after a few seconds of starting mining...don't get it.

Any clues?

Same issue, already running on the latest drivers and sdk, still no luck, decreasing the sievesize does lengthen the time before it crashes but STILL all crashing down.

I hope mtrlt can provide some ideas on how to fix this.
legendary
Activity: 1901
Merit: 1024
hell know maybe this coin is not so suited for ATI GPU, maybe cuda can do better, also looks like fermat test is "slow" on GPU so better fermat test on CPU (~4core+) maybe could push few GPUs some NV 660GTX if ATI fail

also ppz should know mihaelh in a month gained like 300+% on CPU optimization + help from others and still i bet he don`t understand all.... and its CPU optimization which should be more easy then GPU coding
legendary
To crosspost this, found this data with dual 7950s @ 1045 core: 650 memory, aggression=31:

Activity: 604
Merit: 250
ok 16 x 7950 cards and 4 rigs

0 Coins for 8 hours...AWESOME!!!!

the performance is totally screwed..can anyone give us a correlation on the 20M speed rating to PPS ??

Or does the miner not work at all

ANYBODY FIND A BLOCK AND GET COINZ Huh

The 5-chains per hour is a good metric that all the miners use. In the screenshots I've seen it doesn't seem very high.. 200 or 500 per hour, which would still take days on average to find a block. If I started seeing 1000+ 5-chains per hour that would start to be exciting..
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
With all the time that was put into this I would have thought it would have had a smoother launch than this.

mrlt can u shed some light on the 0 blocks found Huh?

Can u shed some light on the speed in PPS vs your M rating Huh

ok 16 x 7950 cards and 4 rigs

0 Coins for 8 hours...AWESOME!!!!

the performance is totally screwed..can anyone give us a correlation on the 20M speed rating to PPS ??

Or does the miner not work at all

ANYBODY FIND A BLOCK AND GET COINZ Huh
Activity: 147
Merit: 100
seems like a good time to BUY xpm Cool
Activity: 95
Guys I'm trying to compile this on ubuntu and getting "asking for OpenCL = OPENCL_LIBRARY-NOTFOUND"

I have opencl installed and $AMDAPPSDKROOT defined.  Any ideas?

Same here on arch...
Any solution?
Just solved. Only have to add this text into CMakeLists.txt:
Code:
FIND_LIBRARY( OPENCL_LIBRARY NAMES OpenCL PATH
        $ENV{OPENCL_LIB_DIR}
        $ENV{HOME}/.local/lib
        /usr/lib
        /usr/lib64
        /usr/local/lib
        /usr/local/cuda/lib64
        /usr/local/cuda/lib
)

test it paulthetafy, let we see if works for you too... Cool
Okay this didnt work for me.  in IRC mtrlt said that I need libOpenCL.a, which I don't have.  There is some suggestion that the latest AMDAPP doesn't come with the .a, only the .so.  If anyone has libOpenCL.a please can you PM me or put it up somewhere so I can DL it?

Same problem.  I get the OPENCL_LIBRARY-NOTFOUND message.  Adding the text above to my CMakeLists.txt file did not resolve the problem.  I've searched Google for hints on how to get the libOpenCL.a file, but it must be a well-protected secret because I can't find any useful directions.  Any luck yet?
Activity: 812
Getting an app crash after a few seconds of starting mining...don't get it.

Any clues?

Activity: 49
finally got it to work - thanks to iANDROID, reb0rn21, k0vic for your help!
was editing the wrong confs initially  Roll Eyes

BUT! now it says

Using device 0
OpenCL device 0........
Program built from saved binary.
Building kernel CalculateMultipliers
Building kernel Sieve
Building kernel Combine
Building kernel Fermat
done
Error adding block template: Missing 'bits'
Program built from saved binary.
Building kernel CalculateMultipliers
Building kernel Sieve
Building kernel Combine
Building kernel Fermat
0 fermats/s, 0 gandalfs/s.
0 TOTAL
0 TOTAL
0 TOTAL
0 TOTAL

the heck is block template ? Huh
Activity: 820
Has anyone found a block yet?  Or even worked out how fast is it?  I haven't mined a block and in my testing it is a little slower with 2 x 7950 than just running HP10 on the CPU on the same machine.  I'm hoping I have some config wrong somewhere, but I've tried everything I can think of.  I'm NOT running the fermat test on the GPU as that is slower again.
Activity: 820
Who know what I must put in primecoin_address???
If I put anything different to mu1DxMiRUgzjNrVyVeHeRhqDm3XVK12SK2 it does not work...
But it seems working well if I leave it unchanged, curious because all addresses I generate begins with A key.
WHAT IS mu1DxMiRUgzjNrVyVeHeRhqDm3XVK12SK2 Huh ?
You need to modify the blkmaker source to allow XPM addresses to be added.  I dont have the source handy now (ipad) but it was talked about earlier in this thread.  there is a case statement where you need to add cases for the XPM addresses, i remember the cases were 23 and 83, just cant remember what file Smiley  just search or ask in #mxcnow or #primecoin
Pages:
Jump to: