Pages:
Author

Topic: [XPM] Working on a GPU miner for Primecoin, new thread :) - page 28. (Read 166578 times)

Activity: 93
Merit: 10
red@red:~/Downloads/bitcoin-libblkmaker/bitcoin-libblkmaker$ make
.deps/base58.Plo:1: *** multiple target patterns.  Stop.
run the 'autogen.sh' script in that dir first Smiley
I do and it appears...
Activity: 415
Merit: 250
.deps/base58.Plo:1: *** multiple target patterns.  Stop.
run the 'autogen.sh' script in that dir first Smiley
I'm getting "The procedure entry point clEnqueueFillBuffer could not be located in the dynamic link library" and crash. Win8 x64 & GTX 560

You need to upgrade your catalyst drivers to fix that one, but it will probably still crash after that.
I am using the last beta version of catalyst for linux ( 13.8 ) and it is still happening.
Activity: 604
Merit: 250
I'm getting "The procedure entry point clEnqueueFillBuffer could not be located in the dynamic link library" and crash. Win8 x64 & GTX 560

You need to upgrade your amd/nvidia drivers to fix that one, but it will probably still crash after that.
What about this error?
Code:
/home/rgzen/XPM/reaperprime/AppOpenCL.cpp: In member function 'void OpenCL::WriteBufferPattern(uint, std::string, size_t, void*, size_t)': 
/home/rgzen/XPM/reaperprime/AppOpenCL.cpp:285:145: error: 'clEnqueueFillBuffer' was not declared in this scope
   cl_int status = clEnqueueFillBuffer(GPUstate.commandQueue, GPUstate.buffers[buffername], pattern, pattern_length, 0, data_length, 0, NULL, NULL);
                                                                                                                                                  ^
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/reaper.dir/AppOpenCL.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/reaper.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error

I do not achieve to compile the app, so I am trying every option on every step...
Also I am not sure if I avoid the following error in good way...
.deps/base58.Plo:1: *** multiple target patterns.  Stop.
I can assume this last is right done because I obtain [100%] Built target reaper.
However when I run reaper I get this output:
Code:
./reaper: error while loading shared libraries: libblkmaker-0.1.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Any idea?
mtrlt?
I suppose I have to wait until further instructions for linux compilation are released.

EDIT: This last error with libblkmaker-0.1.so.0 is solved installing bfgminer... it bring the object.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
Can anybody confirm a GPU mined block?
legendary
Activity: 1901
Merit: 1024
start reaper with a bat file like
reaper.exe
pause

and look at platform info or anything else
donator
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
Nothing special here, all default!
mikaelh wallet rpc ip alow, port, server=1 at appdata for wallet

also using
use_gpu_fermat_test false
 so CPU do a fermat test a lot faster for me... but still GPU usage 7950 is just ~50% and CPU i5 is 80%

still no block and still don`t know how match is it faster then pure i5

also had intel GPU, reaper tried to use it as platform 0 so had to set platform 1 to use ATI GPU in reaper.conf

BTW: win8 x64, 13.8 catalist, AMD sdk 2.81

For some reason if I turn off the fermat test option, it crashes instantly.
//DeaDTerra
legendary
you all should not forget to edit primecoin.conf located in app user folder from your qt wallet
rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=pass
rpcallowip=*
rpcport=9914 <-- or which is used at primecoin.conf in reaper folder should be the same
testnet=0
daemon=1
server=1

the rest should work as default

Activity: 120
Merit: 100
also my stats are
425 5-chains
23   6-chains
3.2  7-chains

but running it for just over a hour, maybe some other ppl should post their results?

i5 - fermet test + 2x 7950 used by 50% so one 7950 + cpu would do the same

mine = 0 fermats 0 gandalfs 0 total
Activity: 113
So out of the 75-80 people who donated, has anyone found a block yet? I doesn't sound like it.
legendary
also my stats are
425 5-chains
23   6-chains
3.2  7-chains

but running it for just over a hour, maybe some other ppl should post their results?

i5 - fermet test + 2x 7950 used by 50% so one 7950 + cpu would do the same
Activity: 464
Merit: 252
The situation as like with the ASIC's. If no one would send the money/coins - it would be more profitable. Now the difficulty will increase as usual.
legendary
Nothing special here, all default!
mikaelh wallet rpc ip alow, port, server=1 at appdata for wallet

also using
use_gpu_fermat_test false
 so CPU do a fermat test a lot faster for me... but still GPU usage 7950 is just ~50% and CPU i5 is 80%

still no block and still don`t know how match is it faster then pure i5

also had intel GPU, reaper tried to use it as platform 0 so had to set platform 1 to use ATI GPU in reaper.conf

BTW: win8 x64, 13.8 catalist, AMD sdk 2.81
donator
Anyone who has been successful and made it stable and who would like to share their settings?
//DeaDTerra
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1077
^ Will code for Bitcoins
I just want to say "Thanks!" to mtrlt and you 80+ donators now that the miner is released and available to all of us who haven't donated. Without you guys this would not see daylight. Thanks again!
Activity: 182
Swiss Money all around me!
I love this:

Activity: 210
I think the point is this is not even a beta version, more like an alpha.  It needs a lot more bug fixes before it is usable.
donator
I get the error that the program can't start because it is missing zlib1.dll
Anyone know how to fix this problem?
I am on windows 7 64 bits with the latest drivers for my graphics cards.
//DeaDTerra

here is the solution >> http://zlib1dll.org/ copy zlib1.dll file to C:/Windows/System32 and SysWOW64 (Win x64 version) folders.
Thank you, that worked Cheesy
But now it crashes almost straight after start Sad
//DeaDTerra

In reaper.conf, you need to delete the line with "device 1" if you only got one GPU.
I have multiple cards.
I have now got it to run for a couple of minutes, then it crashes.
The amount of time it runs seems to be dependent on the sieve changes but I have yet to find a stable setting.
//DeaDTerra
Activity: 182
Swiss Money all around me!
Those that are working on win x64, what version of AMD driver are you using?

Pages:
Jump to: