Pages:
Author

Topic: [XPM] Working on a GPU miner for Primecoin, new thread :) - page 23. (Read 166578 times)

Activity: 67
Merit: 10
I suppose it is a beta, we got what he said he would deliver. Everything was an assumption regarding performance.
Lets hope that he can work out a way to get future releases really pumping out primes Smiley
If not then primecoin might be quite unique that it is a real cpu coin.

Activity: 53
Merit: 0
Can we get back to the topic at hand, and leave all this name calling bullshit behind us?

I still cannot get fermet testing to work on my platform. I was able to generate kernels for a short period of time, but they don't seem to work anymore. Perhaps I need to upgrade my Catalyst drivers?

What's everyone else running where it actually works without crashing?

I see this first release as an Alpha. It does what it's supposed to, but you have to understand - when you develop such a precise piece of software, and don't have a set of testing platforms on hand, you have to rely on the community to test and squash bugs. I don't feel cheated for donating - I feel that mtrlt did exactly what he set out to do - he created a semi-working GPU primecoin miner. Sure, it's got its rough edges, but they should be smoothed out over time.

That's my 2 primecents.
Activity: 322
Merit: 113
Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly
One thing is for sure: GPU rig owners can bitch like there is no tomorrow.  Roll Eyes
Nah, just 2-3 of them apparently who can't consult a dictionary.

The code is out there. I'm sure it'll be fixed by the creator, and it can be changed/forked/personalized just like hp10 did from sunnyking's client.
legendary
Activity: 1901
Merit: 1024
@YipYip

Don`t forget HP10 is like 3x faster then HP5 at the time of mrlt started, also price dropped a lot

I presumed that might happen, but i hope GPU mining will save/help XPM! at the end
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
One thing is for sure: GPU rig owners can bitch like there is no tomorrow.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
It is about the whole DONATIONS for "its working 200% faster than CPU's "

It was at this point that I "DONATED" ......funny thing was that it was all lies.....

Fine we got ripped....thats fair enouh in BTC land ...but I am going to call it for what it is

He LIED & we got SCAMMED end of story
legendary
Activity: 1901
Merit: 1024
Just to confirm, I mined a block with the GPU miner last night.  I'm running 2x 7950's with a quad core AMD.  I'm very surprised to have found a block, as that setup does appear to be running slower than just the CPU on HP10.

tits or it did not happen!  Grin
Activity: 820
Merit: 1000
Just to confirm, I mined a block with the GPU miner last night.  I'm running 2x 7950's with a quad core AMD.  I'm very surprised to have found a block, as that setup does appear to be running slower than just the CPU on HP10.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
Good thing that it is not efficient. Still manage to get the odd block in a week or two with my CPUs.
Activity: 363
Merit: 250
Is there a way to use the cpu+gpu together?

Pretty sure that is what this miner does.  Its just not well optimized yet.  Give it a few months, now that the source is public, other people will make small changes and updates, and eventually it will be quite fast.  There is no reason to believe that parallelization of prime sieving wouldn't speed things up, it's just very difficult to implement, and takes time.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
Is there a way to use the cpu+gpu together?
Activity: 209
Merit: 100
Buffer vPrimes not found what that's means and how do I solve this?

+1

need help

G
Activity: 637
What about the "200% better performance than cpu's  on my 6990" ...lies lies & more lies  

The 6990 has two cores, that's why it is faster. You should check the facts before giving your time and money.

To me this is not a scam, it was just a bunch of greedy uneducated people shouting "TAKE MY MONEY".
Activity: 308
Activity: 644
I got Reaper to compile under Ubuntu Server 13.04. I have to leave for school now though. I'll upload a new version once I get back.

My chickens also got their miner to compile under Ubuntu Server 13.04.  They also have to leave for skewl.  They'll upload a new version once they get back.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3070563
I got Reaper to compile under Ubuntu Server 13.04. I have to leave for school now though. I'll upload a new version once I get back.

Thats Awesome ... SCAMMER
Activity: 308
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1077
^ Will code for Bitcoins
I'm amazed that all these people with dozen of GPUs haven't tried this miner on testnet to find out if it actually finds some blocks and at witch rate compared to CPU. Testing on mainnet instead of testnet means nothing since you can't exclude luck.
Pages:
Jump to: