Pages:
Author

Topic: [XVC] Vcash Official Community Thread ▱ Zerotime ▱ Anon ▱ Auto Block Size - page 72. (Read 150774 times)

legendary
Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001
Quote from: jack-fraser
For example: a video about zerotime would describe what it does / how it does it and then actually go in and describe the step by step process of how it accomplishes that. Tracing the locked tx as it moves throughout the network and describing how/why the lock is immune to double spends / how network resolves conflicts if 50% of the nodes have one tx locked and 50% have the same inputs locked for different outputs / what happens to a tx that isn't included in the 60 minute lock time frame.

i agree, some edu videos could do a lot for us, but

Quote from: john-connor
Only the developers have the skills to do this "correctly and accurately" anything else would be "guessing". There is only a handful of people that understand the Vcash source code in it's entirety.

so i think if someone wants to have a go at it, K.I.S.Sweetie, the 10 minute attention span ... those that really want the finer details can ask or learn to read  Wink

a comunity raised bounty might work well, should be worth (future value?) at least a couple days pay i'd guess, ~10,000 v.cash? 1,000 xvc/video-minute?
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Did you know it is illegal to say "Vcash is better than Bitcoin"? Open your economics book from high school and read it, it's in there in the marketing chapter. Wink

Regarding the videos:

Only the developers have the skills to do this "correctly and accurately" anything else would be "guessing". There is only a handful of people that understand the Vcash source code in it's entirety.

I did an hour video rant the other day, perhaps I will start a soundcloud for ranting. Video isn't always the best way to describe technology, speaking on a different level that people already understand is less distracting. Videos are best for "promos" IMHO.

For example: A ZeroTime Lock is an irrevocable contract between sender and recipient that ensures the recipient imediately owns the contents of the transaction with little to no wait time.

That said describing these technologies in a fun way is actually very easy.

Frankly, that isn't a good enough reason for someone to not make videos to help people learn about vcash. Perhaps I'd need to make 10 different iterations of the same video until you would sign off on it and say that it 100% reflects how the code works. That would be a better result than me not making any videos because I do not have a requisite knowledge right in this moment. There has to be easier way for a layman to obtain a conversational understanding of zerotime and chain blender than reading the source code / white papers.

I would give a listen to some talks / videos / rants.

That example is fine but doesn't say a lot for people that want to learn about vcash more in depth but can't/won't read source code.

For example: a video about zerotime would describe what it does / how it does it and then actually go in and describe the step by step process of how it accomplishes that. Tracing the locked tx as it moves throughout the network and describing how/why the lock is immune to double spends / how network resolves conflicts if 50% of the nodes have one tx locked and 50% have the same inputs locked for different outputs / what happens to a tx that isn't included in the 60 minute lock time frame.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 520
It would be really nice to have some basic youtube videos about vcash and its technology / advantages over bitcoin. We could refer people to these videos to get educated on the technology instead of making them scour through forum posts / figure it out for themselves.

I could imagine a couple to start:

What is vcash / what makes it better than bitcoin?

What is ZeroTime / how does it work / what problems does it solve / how many theoretical tx's does it allow / how fast does a ZT tx lock / how fast can I respend a lock tx?

What is chainblender / how does it work / what problems does it solve / how long does a blended tx take to blend / should i blend all my txs?

What is ZeroLedger / how does it work / what problem does it solve?

A video talking about network security / the use of udp / incentive nodes / PoS and PoW.
Did you know it is illegal to say "Vcash is better than Bitcoin"? Open your economics book from high school and read it, it's in there in the marketing chapter. Wink

Regarding the videos:

I did an hour video rant the other day, perhaps I will start a soundcloud for ranting. Video isn't always the best way to describe technology, speaking on a different level that people already understand is less distracting. Videos are best for "promos" IMHO.

For example: A ZeroTime Lock is an irrevocable contract between sender and recipient that ensures the recipient imediately owns the contents of the transaction with little to no wait time.

wow finally you are now speaking here on your project, thank you for creating this wonderful coin, i have a chnce to ask help from you on your forum making my vcash been stuck from my wallet after some guide you told me i've been able to get my 12 xvc good to know that you are monitoring this thread sir.
Activity: 596
Merit: 251
It would be really nice to have some basic youtube videos about vcash and its technology / advantages over bitcoin. We could refer people to these videos to get educated on the technology instead of making them scour through forum posts / figure it out for themselves.

What is ZeroTime / how does it work / what problems does it solve / how many theoretical tx's does it allow / how fast does a ZT tx lock / how fast can I respend a lock tx?

What is chainblender / how does it work / what problems does it solve / how long does a blended tx take to blend / should i blend all my txs?

A video talking about network security / the use of udp / incentive nodes / PoS and PoW.

Regarding the videos:

Activity: 596
Merit: 251
Everyone here agrees that XVC has the best coin tech for a crypto currency. Speed, instant spend, secure, scalable automatically, anon if you want, super peers, etc. etc. But we also all agree it needs marketing and being brought to the right people and corporations for it to take hold. That is the difficult part. I figured the creator would have ideas and plans for that aspect since he has a degree in economics, but still waiting. And yes, I spread the word for 2 years to the point some people think I'm crazy, so I don't want to hear about everyone not doing their part, most are.
When you start a company after raising say 4 million USD it takes years (2 to 3 on average) to build the company and product into a marketable solution. I've founded or co-founded dozens of multi-million dollar companies. Lastly, you already know that we have a decentralised governance protocol to pay for marketing but it's useless deployed @ 9 cents USD.

If you are invested XVC you cannot complain about the facts that we cannot control (market price) and Market price is set by a MM not marketing.

Here is Wolong's paper again for those that do not understand how market price actually moves:

http://coincidental.eu/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/wolong-god.pdf

Marketing is good for building a community of adopters but not moving the market price.

Activity: 237
Merit: 100
For those who haven't heard yet BaltimoreHourly's youtube channel is doing a segment next month called July of Vcash. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qClTXpa7xDw Which is pretty dang exciting. Feeling the positive vibes Cheesy

I completely agree. We have to start somewhere. Check out the recent developments regarding BaltimoreHourly's youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qClTXpa7xDw  

We need professional articles on sites as cointelegraph, coindesk, etc
I guess the community gonna have to step-up and start emailing fintech oriented news websites like coindesk/cointelegraph. I'm sure if enough of us email them they will have to take notice. They are always looking for the next big thing.  

Everyone here agrees that XVC has the best coin tech for a crypto currency. Speed, instant spend, secure, scalable automatically, anon if you want, super peers, etc. etc. But we also all agree it needs marketing and being brought to the right people and corporations for it to take hold. That is the difficult part. I figured the creator would have ideas and plans for that aspect since he has a degree in economics, but still waiting. And yes, I spread the word for 2 years to the point some people think I'm crazy, so I don't want to hear about everyone not doing their part, most are.
I could be wrong but I think john is waiting on us (the community). Before we can move forward into serious marketing we have to establish a solid active community first to get the ball rolling. Like you said lots of peeps have been doing their part which great and they deserve props but I feel like lately the community has been doing a fantastic job. I think we are gathering momentum now.  
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028
#mitandopelomundo

We need professional articles on sites as cointelegraph, coindesk, etc
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018
Activity: 58
German Thread:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.15371505

please tip me!

VjBCfZhkV2czWkt5f8P4mMB8hEF9532nLa

THANK YOU!

I sent 30 XVC to you
Thanks!
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
to the moon
don't missed the ride coin have many potential worth to support I think it is just in need of some advertisement
maybe avatar campaign might help more awareness for this project.

Might as well  sell my recent ICO coin holdings.  I don't feel that those coins will worth as much as XVC in the future,  I feel like this Coin truely have great potential 100m against roughly 15m by 2020, and XVC have true DEV that knows how to CODE! Better to collect this while other are busy with hyped ICO's!

Good point there buddy!  People need to know the advantage of XVC!
you made a right decision kabayan, this coin made by a good and talented developer it is just waiting for a perfect timing and explode I know when its time to show the right value this coin have it all. good luck.
legendary
Activity: 1310
Merit: 1000
German Thread:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.15371505

please tip me!

VjBCfZhkV2czWkt5f8P4mMB8hEF9532nLa

THANK YOU!
legendary
Activity: 2884
Merit: 1258
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
to the moon
don't missed the ride coin have many potential worth to support I think it is just in need of some advertisement

Might as well  sell my recent ICO coin holdings.  I don't feel that those coins will worth as much as XVC in the future,  I feel like this Coin truely have great potential 100m against roughly 15m by 2020, and XVC have true DEV that knows how to CODE! Better to collect this while other are busy with hyped ICO's!

Good point there buddy!  People need to know the advantage of XVC!
Activity: 7

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
to the moon
Activity: 2128
Merit: 520
Surfing the tubes yesterday I was pleasantly surprised to find a youtube video on Vcash in Portuguese. It was really cool seeing someone talking about Vcash even though I didn't understand lol. As a english speaker not much I could do except use the clumsy video translation haha. The gentleman speaking seemed pretty excited about Vcash from what I've gathered. So that was cool. Plus it has 16K views as well.    
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXmYB3DMbjA

Also Vcash was mentioned on a youtube video here, again to my surprise: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wA6KWzaFLyQ
Seems like a cool guy says he accepts Vcash donations. Kudos to whoever in the community donated Vcash to Adam the disrupt meister.  Smiley
nice advertisement for Vcash good job buddy more and more to come so much many investors will find it out and
begin to deal and invest with these project. good luck dev please make more advertisement.
Surfing the tubes yesterday I was pleasantly surprised to find a youtube video on Vcash in Portuguese. It was really cool seeing someone talking about Vcash even though I didn't understand lol. As a english speaker not much I could do except use the clumsy video translation haha. The gentleman speaking seemed pretty excited about Vcash from what I've gathered. So that was cool. Plus it has 16K views as well.    
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXmYB3DMbjA

Also Vcash was mentioned on a youtube video here, again to my surprise: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wA6KWzaFLyQ
Seems like a cool guy says he accepts Vcash donations. Kudos to whoever in the community donated Vcash to Adam the disrupt meister.  Smiley
This is bound to happen, considering the given supply of the coin.   The fact that it  will take another 4 years to mine 1M of the coin.  Applying the supply and demand law.  But, it's that the coin promotion isn't enough (just my opinion) and the community must step up to promote this coin just what the author of the thread do.  And I agree XVC is a gem waiting to be discovered.  
I feel the same. But our community did step up for the rawx.io exchange beta vote. We got third place with 532 votes.

Kudos to the community btw nice job guys.  Wink

Pages:
Jump to: