Pages:
Author

Topic: [XVG] Verge - Speculation & Discussion - page 15. (Read 243702 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Not a fan of XVG. EXTREMELY high market cap value and have seen way too many dissapointments..especially the Wraith Protocol delayed release in late December.

There are way better privacy coins that actually work right now.
Activity: 394
Merit: 105
February 28, 2018, 08:08:49 PM
Hodling long term.
Activity: 285
Merit: 100
February 27, 2018, 08:21:56 PM
Never been a fan of XVG, I must admit that I was wrong though. They really pumped well. I guess marketing and Mcafee are more important than actual anonymity.  I just hope XMR will copy XVGs simple shit and become even better.
Activity: 142
February 27, 2018, 07:24:44 PM
Verge has all the elements needed to be a successful currency. It's just a matter of when it reaches mass adoption. It is secure and effective privacy coin. It has proven all the haters and fuders wrong. Along with it's strong community and developers. I can't wait to see what the end of this year brings us.
Activity: 686
Merit: 504
February 27, 2018, 05:44:32 PM
I don't like monero, i think it's done. I like Verge way better and think it has a better future.

I like Verge and most anonymous coins as I am holding most of it. There is no way Monero is done, not even close. The future of anonymity is big and its market is still very wide and open.

Agreed - Monero has the best anonymized transactions and that will only become more valuable as more and more people suffer the pain of de-anonymization...

For instance it appears right now that Monero is being used as a conduit to clean up non-private coin holdings right now - one look at how the XMR price has decoupled from BTC shows it's obvious.  There is no reason XVG can't pick up some of this work.

In the end this "coin screening" will boil down to convenience, speed, fees, and verifiable security. The blockchain analytics people can only drive this market forward at a faster pace.

As I said in my previous post, XVG has 1000x the coin supply so don't compare XMR prices to XVG 1:1.
Activity: 280
Merit: 12
February 24, 2018, 05:25:16 AM
Verge has very good devs and a solid fan base. We hope that XVG will reach the sky!
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
February 24, 2018, 04:28:56 AM
I also really like the Verge. I have kept this coin in my portfolio for a long time. I consider it very promising.
Activity: 806
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
February 24, 2018, 12:41:27 AM
I don't like monero, i think it's done. I like Verge way better and think it has a better future.

I like Verge and most anonymous coins as I am holding most of it. There is no way Monero is done, not even close. The future of anonymity is big and its market is still very wide and open.
Activity: 3
February 24, 2018, 12:03:56 AM
Activity: 546
Merit: 250
February 23, 2018, 04:36:21 PM
Verge has many similarities with Monero, but Verge can be more valuable than Monero in the long term.

31 March 2018 (or earlier) - New Website
31 March 2018 (or earlier) - Smart Contracts
31 March 2018 (or earlier) - Anonymous Transactions

Verge Roadmap - Coinmarketcal
February 23, 2018, 03:58:25 PM
Does anyone think XVG will get up to the same price range as Monero at some point?

No chance at all - XVG has 1000x the total issuance of Monero. Right now Monero is 4650x the price of XVG so that could be an indicator that there is room for XVG to grow 2x or 3x. But Monero has better market traction and recognition. Time will tell.
Activity: 644
Merit: 252
IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech
February 22, 2018, 04:23:43 PM
XVG below 600 sats. Anyone care to call the bottom?

I wouldn't call it the absolute bottom but I'd buy if I had some cash lying around. If it drops even further, you can still buy then but 600sats is quite low, it could go up to 20000 sats imo
Activity: 330
Merit: 100
0x86dc77dFd74827c19B7AfF84Ab46D7f9504899dE
February 22, 2018, 03:54:01 PM
Does anyone think XVG will get up to the same price range as Monero at some point?
February 22, 2018, 03:14:36 PM
XVG below 600 sats. Anyone care to call the bottom?
February 19, 2018, 02:28:18 PM
I do not understand why many people compare Verge to Monero. After all, now there are many anonymous coins which can be compared. But why? After all, these are different projects that develop in different ways. It seems to me that Verge will not be able to achieve the same popularity as Monero.

Simple. There are about 15 privacy coins, and really only 4 of them are even close to ready for production and are well-maintained: XMR, DASH, Zcash, and XVG.  Each has its pros and cons. XMR is hard-to-use killer technology, but transactions are slow and expensive. DASH is a bit flawed technically but has a huge user base and is a really fast network (good enough technically and working quite well). Zcash was developed by Israeli intel and is supposedly great but can't be trusted at all, plus the devs take 20% of all mined coins, making it essentially useless. XVG is a feature-rich Tor-based network coin that has a LOT of transaction volume and a wide investor base. It features tons of wallets and a good dev team.

I tried to tell everybody that XVG would pump on the McAfee announcement... I took a 15% gain in 24 hours my friends. Bought back in today.
I think XMR is the best choice. Because it's a coin that time-tested and quite predictable. But I don't same about XVG. And Dash and Zec have another principals in basis that's why it is privacy partially

I think XMR is the best tech in terms of the underlying privacy assurances. It's wonky and hard to use however. XVG has a huge advantage in this regard with the multitude of wallets that have tor integrated - don't underestimate this factor.

The best tech doesn't always win the price game. Heck Ripple is not even a cryptocurrency and look at the gains there...
Activity: 476
Merit: 75
February 17, 2018, 12:52:56 PM
XVG is starting to come around a lot. I think it is a very risky project for investment. I think it may be appropriate for what to shoot shortly. I do not think long term.
Activity: 2240
Merit: 953
Temporary forum vacation
February 17, 2018, 12:52:23 PM
Well I suppose that's true of any investment advice and/or strategy... Any Wall St. guy will tell you they're more interested in mass psychology than in fundamentals. Everything is manipulated through fake news etc. Look at the Dow recently, now there is a lawsuit saying they rigged the VIX volatility index to game the markets...

If he made public what his metrics were I would have more confidence in the magic spreadsheet. But more than anything, when McAfee partners with anyone it's usually time for a big pump - the guy has huge assets and a huge following. Unfortunately there is usually a dump soon after.

I'm in XVG for a 1-year+ run. Personally I think the utility of privacy coins will become more and more clear this year, as people are increasingly harassed by tax authorities, KYC, and crypto thieves and hackers. XVG, DASH, XMR, and maybe PIVX or ONION are the best choices IMHO, for various reasons. I'm not leaking my magic spreadsheet tho.

Which is why no one should ever lend more power to something like that. In any circumstance, it stops being a leak when everyone knows it is a leak, in my opinion. But yes, like you said, the big pump is usually true, and I can see XVG bouncing at over 20%, which strangely still does not take it to the levels of early February (when I finally bought some haha).

As I mentioned, I do believe in privacy coins but Monero is the only one that instils confidence in me. XVG is only a holding for a year, perhaps two, depending on how it performs. I do not see myself actually using it for anything other than trading!
Activity: 532
Merit: 1
February 17, 2018, 12:45:50 PM
I'm done with XVG. This coin is all hype like TRX.  Lips sealed
Activity: 378
Merit: 101
February 17, 2018, 12:36:53 PM
I do not understand why many people compare Verge to Monero. After all, now there are many anonymous coins which can be compared. But why? After all, these are different projects that develop in different ways. It seems to me that Verge will not be able to achieve the same popularity as Monero.

Simple. There are about 15 privacy coins, and really only 4 of them are even close to ready for production and are well-maintained: XMR, DASH, Zcash, and XVG.  Each has its pros and cons. XMR is hard-to-use killer technology, but transactions are slow and expensive. DASH is a bit flawed technically but has a huge user base and is a really fast network (good enough technically and working quite well). Zcash was developed by Israeli intel and is supposedly great but can't be trusted at all, plus the devs take 20% of all mined coins, making it essentially useless. XVG is a feature-rich Tor-based network coin that has a LOT of transaction volume and a wide investor base. It features tons of wallets and a good dev team.

I tried to tell everybody that XVG would pump on the McAfee announcement... I took a 15% gain in 24 hours my friends. Bought back in today.
I think XMR is the best choice. Because it's a coin that time-tested and quite predictable. But I don't same about XVG. And Dash and Zec have another principals in basis that's why it is privacy partially
February 17, 2018, 06:01:06 AM

Pages:
Jump to: