Pages:
Author

Topic: [XVG] Verge - Speculation & Discussion - page 19. (Read 243743 times)

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658
Looking for gigs
January 15, 2018, 03:22:11 PM
I'm taking a look at Verge (XVG) now and it sits at #25 in CoinMarketCap. The price is at $0.14 with more than 1% decline. My Australian friend opened up to me about Verge and I decided to take a look. He already bought some Verge on his own and now sitting and waiting for the big rain.

I wasn't convinced on Verge in the first place, but now I think it's time for me to consider investing. I think it is worth adding Verge in my Blockfolio. Once I have enough funds (that will be arriving soon), I'll be buying some Verge.

I'm keeping an eye on this one, folks. Wink
Activity: 260
Merit: 104
January 15, 2018, 03:16:30 PM
Verge made a very good start. I think so its good time to buy some Verge. Maybe it can make 2x in a week.

What makes you say that, are you not worried about how the price seems to be slowly sliding, it was up as high as nearly 2000 satoshi and now is under 1000. At this rate it seems like 500 will come sooner than a recovery to 2000.
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
INFLEUM
January 15, 2018, 03:14:56 PM
if you bought XVG because you believe in the project, hold it and don't sell it, let it grow. I also wanted to invest buy some verge but I think Im late into buying when price become higher.
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
January 15, 2018, 02:44:32 PM
I bought some XVG today from deep. I don't understand why people want to kill verge so more, this is the first real privacy crypto, its very usefull.
Activity: 179
Merit: 11
January 15, 2018, 01:42:05 PM
Verge made a very good start. I think so its good time to buy some Verge. Maybe it can make 2x in a week.
Activity: 112
Merit: 5
January 15, 2018, 01:04:48 PM
XVG is definitely a coin with a high potential for anonymity early or later. And with the penetration of crypto into life, criminals will take it into service.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 214
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
January 15, 2018, 12:21:41 PM
Verge's technology may be good. But the price is very swollen. I have to be very careful when buying. It can be knocked down on a name.

If the tech is good then why do you feel that the price is swollen? Of course it pumped highly from its previous value but that was on release of the wraith network. Do you not think it can reach previous ATH or higher?

Verge is a 3 years+ old coin. it really should have performed lot better. but it still struggles to reach only few cents!!
dont be too hard mate,3 years old baby still suck milk on a bottle so lets give the coin a chance to make some profit..im planning to buy somw coins now.because im curious about what will be this coin after 5 months from now.upon reading thread and found our many users holding this.i think i will ride the train when it runs lol
Activity: 80
January 15, 2018, 11:40:07 AM
Verge's technology may be good. But the price is very swollen. I have to be very careful when buying. It can be knocked down on a name.
The price got huge bump, but if we compare it with similar coins - Monero then this price still very cheap.

Because of verge's huge supply, it will never reach the value of Monero.

All other things being equal, verge should reach 0.1 of moneros price if it’s just down to supply as it has x10 more coins. However, are all other factors equal??!!! 🤔

No it should not... XVG is bitcoin behind tor with stealth addresses to hide the receiver... it's not anonymous at all

monero also hides:
- sender: ring signatures
- amount being sent: ring ct

Not sure if any of you XVG-fans do any reading, but here's some research that shows how detrimental optional privacy and not hiding amounts is for privacy: https://z.cash/blog/new-research-on-shielded-ecosystem.html

als, compare this:
https://verge-blockchain.info/richlist
and
https://moneroblocks.info/richlist

now tell me which is most private?

For the purposes of this conversation, anonymity means that if Jane gives $10 to Jill, neither Jane nor Jill will be identified because their IP addresses are hidden. The public ledger will record that $10 went from some wallet (Jane's) to some other wallet (Jill's) but anyone looking at the ledger will just see wallet addresses, with no way of tracing them to a particular user. That is what anonymity means for Verge. This covers the need for privacy but also the need to have a public record of transactions which any non-trivial operation or business will want to have. It is a balancing act between individual privacy (we don't know Jane or Jill) and transparency of transactions - we know the transaction happened, just not what particular individuals were involved in the transaction.
Activity: 826
Merit: 265
January 15, 2018, 10:07:59 AM
Quote from: Getcoinsite link=topic=1366103.msg281045[font=Verdana
00#msg28104500 date=1515926989]
wo what does it mean mate?that rhe coins really has no future?lol

Actually i dont know this coin and had just seen this now so i try to check it up just to find that after several years still no good outcome.i wonder why those capitalist staying their trust on the said coins when we cant see good updates from the dev itself.

So to the fanatics of this coin sad to say but i think its time to give up.or else you will spend whole your life waiting for this to grow

So what do you expect, that a coin goes up in a straight line? Good luck finding that coin.
If you had invested in Verge exactly one year ago you would now have made a bit more than 8000x your investment.
I wouldn't call this "you will spend whole your life waiting for this to grow".
And regarding the updates from the devs, Wraith has just been released and is quite innovative because you can choose between private and public transactions.
What Verge always have been though is very variance-heavy with short periods where it spikes hard and long periods going sideways/downward.
So this is more for the longterm holder than for people looking to make a quick buck.
yeah right,we must not expect the permanent price in every coins here incrypto.even the famous bitcoin and ethereum never did a permanent value although they still on top.but yet can be stable because of ups and down.verge has a big volume so dont expect the highest price but what we need in this community is the growth.nothing permanent here.
Activity: 514
Merit: 258
January 15, 2018, 10:07:48 AM
The price got huge bump, but if we compare it with similar coins - Monero then this price still very cheap.

All other things being equal, verge should reach 0.1 of moneros price if it’s just down to supply as it has x10 more coins. However, are all other factors equal??!!! 🤔

No it should not... XVG is bitcoin behind tor with stealth addresses to hide the receiver... it's not anonymous at all

monero also hides:
- sender: ring signatures
- amount being sent: ring ct

Not sure if any of you XVG-fans do any reading, but here's some research that shows how detrimental optional privacy and not hiding amounts is for privacy: https://z.cash/blog/new-research-on-shielded-ecosystem.html

als, compare this:
https://verge-blockchain.info/richlist
and
https://moneroblocks.info/richlist

now tell me which is most private?

January 15, 2018, 10:00:20 AM
Confirmed by the Dev they are going to make several external audits to clear all the FUD about Wraith protocol:

Activity: 71
January 15, 2018, 09:54:55 AM

Activity: 401
Merit: 108
January 15, 2018, 09:42:02 AM

Activity: 124
Merit: 26
Money will be useful if you know where to put it
January 15, 2018, 09:30:22 AM

What with Verge on Bittrex, the status of Database maintenance ?.
Activity: 514
Merit: 258
January 15, 2018, 09:20:04 AM
HODL Verge XVG.. It'll touch $2 dollar in few months.. XVG Verge wraith technology was good..

wraith is just stealth addresses to hide the receveir... other coins have this since 2014, and also hide sender (ring signatures) and the amount (ring ct)...

Verge is bitcoin behind tor with optional anonimity which is detrimental for privacy: https://z.cash/blog/new-research-on-shielded-ecosystem.html

so no, the XVG-technology is not good
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
January 15, 2018, 09:14:19 AM
HODL Verge XVG.. It'll touch $2 dollar in few months.. XVG Verge wraith technology was good..
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
January 15, 2018, 08:37:23 AM
January 15, 2018, 08:01:26 AM
There is an interview with Forbes and the main Dev (sunerok) coming hopefully this month, the interview is already done is up to Forbes to release it. More exchanges are coming really soon and by March we should have the new webpage running with the new roadmap and all the wallets updated.

Luck Light (one of the guys in Verge and admin of the Telegram group) made an interview on Saturday on Youtube, after that he said the prediction he had for XVG this year in the telegram group, the prediction was 10k satoshis.

I guess the price is gonna go up once the markets are open to new registrations.

And XVG appeared in one of the UK newspapers again:
https://www.express.co.uk/finance/city/904697/cryptocurrency-news-latest-verge-ripple-bitcoin-value-soar-2018-money-finance
Activity: 138
January 14, 2018, 10:47:15 AM
I think we are going to see big upmove in coming days and by the end of the year the 1 dollar or maybe 2 are pretty possible, dont lose fait guys verge is soli coin
Still have very high hope in Verge.
Activity: 79
January 14, 2018, 08:57:47 AM
Quote from: Getcoinsite link=topic=1366103.msg281045[font=Verdana
00#msg28104500 date=1515926989]
wo what does it mean mate?that rhe coins really has no future?lol

Actually i dont know this coin and had just seen this now so i try to check it up just to find that after several years still no good outcome.i wonder why those capitalist staying their trust on the said coins when we cant see good updates from the dev itself.

So to the fanatics of this coin sad to say but i think its time to give up.or else you will spend whole your life waiting for this to grow

So what do you expect, that a coin goes up in a straight line? Good luck finding that coin.
If you had invested in Verge exactly one year ago you would now have made a bit more than 8000x your investment.
I wouldn't call this "you will spend whole your life waiting for this to grow".
And regarding the updates from the devs, Wraith has just been released and is quite innovative because you can choose between private and public transactions.
What Verge always have been though is very variance-heavy with short periods where it spikes hard and long periods going sideways/downward.
So this is more for the longterm holder than for people looking to make a quick buck.
Pages:
Jump to: