Pages:
Author

Topic: [XVG] Verge - Speculation & Discussion - page 57. (Read 243738 times)

Activity: 113
Merit: 10
I think xvg did x100 this year and expecting something crazy like this from it is rude  Cheesy

kel-alt -
'Crazy' is the key word - anything can and does happen in cryptos, rude or not. Place you bets and
take your chances, hurry hurry! Good coins should do better, but there is always the 'BetaMax effect'.
And how about the VERI hack and dump today...or was it insider trading? Not being regulated means wild
ups and downs - which Jeff Berwick says is the free market in action.
I thought the guy who said XVG was headed back to 100 sat was rude and egotistic - but he was right!
I just hope the guy who said it was headed back to 1 sat is wrong! I have kicked myself half a dozen
times for selling XYZcrypto too soon - not with Verge! (and a couple of others).
Activity: 106
giants may cry too
I think xvg did x100 this year and expecting something crazy like this from it is rude  Cheesy
Without having to read through this big thread, what do you guys think about verge's future? Would it be a good strategy to buy something like $100 worth of verge, and then hold onto it for a few years?

Is the technology really all that promising? I've heard both sides. Some say its great, and makes things easier and more private than Monero. Other say its nothing but Monero with Tor tacked onto it. Thoughts?

kel-alt -
If you look at a lot of 'all' charts of coins, showing entire price history, which is the CMC default display, you will
notice a lot of them have two features. The first is the 'new hype ICO factor' - the coin rises quickly 5-10x (or more)
and then drops, sometimes fast dump, sometimes over months. Then there can be nothing for a year or two. During this time there is some development and the coin 'road map' makes progress and the wallet works. Then the coin begins to rise and in many cases, ETH, DASH, BTC, come to mind, go up way beyond the first spike.
So, yes, get some Verge and hang on to it for a couple years. It's what I am doing. I have some other long shot
coins as side bets, but Verge is the best in this group IMO and has my  biggest stake. Verge is adding smart contract
feature, which will make it different than Monero. I have heard that making a major change in a coin that has a lot of traffic will slow transactions, which people don't want. So, Verge still being small, can more easily make changes than Monero. Good luck to us all!
i think XVG already pump and it will circulate near to 102-160 sat thats all ..
if if if .. it will up again then max. 250 sat then fall again and it will be act like DGB

kel-alt -
You may be right. But I scan the CMC list almost every day to coin 400 and I see lots of coins
trading at 1-5 cents, some of them brand new, that don't offer anything special that I can see. So, I
think Verge should at least be there. I am thinking just holding in the top 100 is a good sign for
future gains. Still waiting to see the banner ad at CMC, maybe I missed it?
Activity: 70
i think XVG already pump and it will circulate near to 102-160 sat thats all ..
if if if .. it will up again then max. 250 sat then fall again and it will be act like DGB
Activity: 882
Merit: 252
So when my pc goes into hybernation or sleep mode, the Verge Windows client does not continue syncing the blockchain I noticed. I have to close the program completely and restart it, only then will it continue downloading blocks. I've been waiting for it to sync, tried it a few times, same result every time. Is that a bug?
Cryptopia has stopped wallet support for xvg  Angry

kel-alt -
 I haven't been in this long enough to know what that means - I think it means you cannot
deposit or withdraw Verge. To get you money out you have to sell the Verge. This is bad if you
want to send Verge to your own wallet, or another exchange. This may mean de-listing is next.
My MUE disappeared at Cryptopia due to de-listing and they told me they gave 30 days notice,
but it wasn't very noticeable!
I felt scammed. If there has been warning I could have sent the XVG to Bittrex. Bah!!

Update July 22 - wallet 'maintenance' happens to many coins, updates of some kind I guess,
and does not lead to de-listing usually, judging from what I have seen on exchanges.
Cryptopia has a 'Cryptopia-News' page that I was supposed to look at and would have warned me
about de-listing due to 'coin-swap' - https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/News - you snooze you loose.
You think you are going to buy some coins and get rich, think again, it is work to keep up! BIP91!
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Without having to read through this big thread, what do you guys think about verge's future? Would it be a good strategy to buy something like $100 worth of verge, and then hold onto it for a few years?

Is the technology really all that promising? I've heard both sides. Some say its great, and makes things easier and more private than Monero. Other say its nothing but Monero with Tor tacked onto it. Thoughts?
Activity: 28
Cryptopia has stopped wallet support for xvg  Angry
Activity: 1176
Merit: 501
i ended up with a few extra coins.  So it works out. (only on one of the 2 exchanges tho lol)  it didnt go low enough on the one, oddly enough. (i think it recovered faster than it could drop as its a smaller exchange...but im just guessing)

but ehy, extra 25k or 250k whatever it was i got wohoo Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1085
Merit: 1000
ALT Add: APfc4bykKHxYSVkvzsLdQvmiTXvTgMiCRM
BTC is getting stronger.... will tomorrow be Verge's day?

As BTC goes up, most prices of altcoins also increases. Altcoins including XVG are very dependent on what's happening to Bitcoin. No one knows if XVG will pump tomorrow by the way.
Activity: 590
Merit: 100
HIT the low and HOLD till moon
BTC is getting stronger.... will tomorrow be Verge's day?
Activity: 252
that gif contest has realy good creativity. it is nice to see some marketing.

by the way contest ends in 1 day 14 hours.
It is leaving earth definitely, going to the moon onboard the skyrocket.

again? Cheesy

Activity: 30

You should better say it's going downstairs to get a beer... Maybe then it will hit the moon instead ,oP
Activity: 358
Merit: 250

again? Cheesy
Activity: 35
I think you missed that.

Since #SEC went up, this only means $XVG will follow soon.

1st august is the date. We have two options after that (UP&DOWN)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501
Every coin is...but my buys havent fired yet.  99 sats is my orders on 2 exchanges...needs to drop some more lol
Activity: 101
98sat Cheesy what i´m talking?

Every coin is going red, just wait and see  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: