Pages:
Author

Topic: Yes or No? Doesn't Bitcoin unfairly benefit early adopters? - page 5. (Read 3951 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Yes or No?    Doesn't Bitcoin unfairly benefit early adopters?
I think it is still the same. The early investors had not instantly benefited on it easily, as time passed by the value increased several times so by keeping bitcoin for long it gave them this huge benefit. The early adopters as u said benefit less is because of the length of time as well. Maybe 4 years from now if they’ve invested now bitcoin will be 10x its price right now (assumption) then the result will still be the same.

True, early adopters had been selling and buying Bitcoin.  There are lots of early adopters that sold out all their bitcoin since they thought that it is high enough to let go of 1 Bitcoin per 20 cents.  Those who holds bitcoin and believe it should really benefit from the time of waiting, promoting and pushing bitcoin to every banner ads in the internet.  We cannot expect late comers to have the same profit as early adopters.

Right, not all early adopters have benefit from the huge increase in the price of bitcoin. Considering the needs in order to live, some of them might have spent their bitcoin already in exchange for fiat and some of them might have sold their bitcoin losing hope that the price will never be as high today. Early adopters might have been calculating and thinking whether investing their time, money and effort in earning bitcoin. If others will say that it is unfair that early adopters should benefit more then there must be something what we call "envy" growing inside them.

Not just on prices but early adopters were able to get their coin at a lower investment unlike late comers who needs to shell out larger amount of money just for a single coin. And most of the whales now a days are the early adopters and they are earning huge amount of money every time there is a change on coins prices.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
I think it is still the same. The early investors had not instantly benefited on it easily, as time passed by the value increased several times so by keeping bitcoin for long it gave them this huge benefit. The early adopters as u said benefit less is because of the length of time as well. Maybe 4 years from now if they’ve invested now bitcoin will be 10x its price right now (assumption) then the result will still be the same.

True, early adopters had been selling and buying Bitcoin.  There are lots of early adopters that sold out all their bitcoin since they thought that it is high enough to let go of 1 Bitcoin per 20 cents.  Those who holds bitcoin and believe it should really benefit from the time of waiting, promoting and pushing bitcoin to every banner ads in the internet.  We cannot expect late comers to have the same profit as early adopters.

Right, not all early adopters have benefit from the huge increase in the price of bitcoin. Considering the needs in order to live, some of them might have spent their bitcoin already in exchange for fiat and some of them might have sold their bitcoin losing hope that the price will never be as high today. Early adopters might have been calculating and thinking whether investing their time, money and effort in earning bitcoin. If others will say that it is unfair that early adopters should benefit more then there must be something what we call "envy" growing inside them.
Activity: 1918
Merit: 564
Yes or No?    Doesn't Bitcoin unfairly benefit early adopters?

True, early adopters had been selling and buying Bitcoin.  There are lots of early adopters that sold out all their bitcoin since they thought that it is high enough to let go of 1 Bitcoin per 20 cents.  Those who holds bitcoin and believe it should really benefit from the time of waiting, promoting and pushing bitcoin to every banner ads in the internet.  We cannot expect late comers to have the same profit as early adopters.
Activity: 728
Merit: 131
well thats life, they trust bitcoin on early stage and now they are harvesting the fruit they invest before ! if you aqre one of the early bird im sure you are enjoying now the lluxury of it..
Activity: 392
Merit: 123
Activity: 980
Merit: 255
I don't think so, we are both equally benefited today besides we are all doing our efforts to earn here. It's just that the value of bitcoin is on fire today, maybe because it is being recognized and some legalized it in their countries.
On my opinion, No its never been unfair to those early adapters. Lets say, the early adpoters have enough money to invest like millions to invest for sure they can earn more compare to those old bitcoiners. Well, it depends the status of each and everyone of us but the most important thing we already know about bitcoin, hoping we earn more so that we can step up a little bit on our income and more profit in the future.

Agree, not all early adopters of bitcoin benefited from it. Those who benefits are those who believe and who invest more. I think it's the traders who benefited more with bitcoins. They buy when its down and sell when its up. So still it's not unfair.
Many early adopters actually used their coins, like the famous case of the person that bought pizza with bitcoin, while right now many of us are storing most of our coins knowing the price of bitcoin is going to go up, so it is likely that many early adopters did not benefit financially from bitcoin as much as we think they did, but there are obvious cases of people that stored their coins and that now are millionaires thanks to that.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 260
It's not actually unfair. In fact, bitcoin is a fair network, imo. No one really expected that bitcoin will be reaching its $7,000-mark this year, not even Satoshi Nakamoto.Those who haven't invested in bitcoin when its price was still $1.00 way back in 2011 might feel disappointed, but for those who invested, this is the fruit of their investment.

I think, it's the people's trust which make a difference in bitcoin's fate, and it is safe to say that those people were the ones who actually benefited from bitcoin's success.
Things just works the same like to those people who invest into Apple and Google, Bitcoin giving a chance for many people to become a millionaire but unfortunately many of them missed it because they have no faith with bitcoin. and as you pointed out,it's the fruit of their investment, those early adopters investing their time and money to bitcoin with risky, but why people just think bitcoin unfairly benefit early adopters. that actually just doesn't make sense at all.
Activity: 420
Merit: 256
اللعنة
It's not actually unfair. In fact, bitcoin is a fair network, imo. No one really expected that bitcoin will be reaching its $7,000-mark this year, not even Satoshi Nakamoto.Those who haven't invested in bitcoin when its price was still $1.00 way back in 2011 might feel disappointed, but for those who invested, this is the fruit of their investment.

I think, it's the people's trust which make a difference in bitcoin's fate, and it is safe to say that those people were the ones who actually benefited from bitcoin's success.
Activity: 137
Merit: 100
No, education and information of bitcoin is unfair some people have the information some of them donot have the information.
Activity: 574
Merit: 256
Early adopter are just taking their parts, they invested their time, their trust for Bitcoin and even some portion of their fiat.

on the other hand Bitcoin just returning only what is needed.
Yeah it is not good to put all of your income in the short time and even when you are not having the experience with the fiat and the investing of the fiat now thousands of the people are buying the bitcoin and the bitcoin value will increase, I hope you will see the bitcoin at the top of the other currencies and the range of the bitcoin price will be the highest price till the end of the year and the coming year will be the best year for the bitcoin.
Activity: 322
Merit: 102
I believe its not unfair. Because the one who invested in it early doesn't know that Bitcoin will be this huge. People can still invest in bitcoin. Early adopters is just so very lucky or which we can say a very good investor and hold their coins for a very long time. They benefit most of it because the invested not just money but also a lot of time waiting

I also believe the same. Why early adopters feel unfair about bitcoin. Actually they have chosen the right thing to do in investing bitcoin early because they gained more money now more than ever because they've bought their bitcoin cheaper than now. The time also they have on it in investing bitcoin is also great because they might earning pretty better on it.
Activity: 854
Merit: 501

I think no, its not like early investors know that its price will go up so much that is why many people regrets not knowing or not believing in bitcoin in its early stages.
Bitcoin do favor the early adopters but I don’t think so that it is unfair in any means. This benefit could be considered as a reward of their firm belief and a constant investment phase maintained by the holders in the past years. They did not give up on this cryptocurrency even in the times of a value drop and hence are enjoying the fruit of their early input.

So we have many examples of such people becoming billionaire in this way such as a boy who just turned 18 and haven’t joined any college because he has won the bet with his parents that he would be a millionaire in his teens.
Aba
Activity: 431
Merit: 100
This statement is wrong because the early adopters must have taken the time, energy and thought to learn and also introduce to the public so that the bitcoin is known by society . With their hard work, bitcoin could be like now known by the people and have high value.
Activity: 134
Merit: 10
ODEM.IO - UNLOCKING HIGHER EDUCATION
For me, bitcoin doesnt benefit most those people who knew it early. It depends to the person's skills and knowledge about bitcoin on how he can earn and gain more profit to it. There are some people who have spend half of their lives earning bitcoin but still dont achieve success in life while there are some peolple who are full of courage and very skillfull that they reach their dreams in with help of bitcoin in just a short period of time.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 163
Actually no, those early adopters doesn't really know of what Bitcoin will become in the future, what they care about is the potential technology that Bitcoin offers. Now, Bitcoin rewards them with rich and luxurious Life for having faith in it and for their hardwork. This is how the world works, you never really know of what's going to happen in the future, you only have faith to guide and help you.
Activity: 882
Merit: 506

YES if and only if these early adopters held their Bitcoin up to now or up to a point where their Bitcoin's value substantially grew in close reference to the time they bought Bitcoin vis a vis its price at the time it was bought. In short, it is a matter of Return of Investment and Return on Investment. Otherwise, there is no way it would unfairly benefit only early adapters because the latter has nothing to do with how much money you grow in Bitcoin. This is NOT a Ponzi Scheme where only the early adapters get rich through the hard work of its new members. 
Activity: 476
Merit: 101
Early adopter are just taking their parts, they invested their time, their trust for Bitcoin and even some portion of their fiat.

on the other hand Bitcoin just returning only what is needed.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
who feel harmed by it? I think that's fair, especially if early adopters have a skill that is better than the old adopters. I personally don't feel it's not fair, and I think it is good if the early adopters benefit, so everyone will be easily attracted to adopt bitcoin.

Exactly. Things then weren't as certain as now and people would've needed iron balls to gamble investing in btc. So its just right that their belief is rewarded with whatever they're having right now because of bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

I dont understand why you are thinking its unfair. Well early investors deserved to earn for taking the risk in time where there is no assurance of profit gain because at that time btc is young to get trust from investors.

The existence and success of bitcoin can also be credited to the early users who believe in it. Even we turn back the time, i think it will be hard for me to trust this currency because i dont know whats ahead, indeed regrets are felt when its just too late.
This is not the unfair at all the way because now almost all the people are buying the bitcoin and the are aware of the thing that they are doing so it is the best thing that the bitcoin is increasing in the power and the value while we are not aware of the huge income and the price I am very sure the bitcoin will give you the best till the year finish so be the bitcoin user and wait till the price of the bitcoin will be high.
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
yes. They have the courage to take risks and invest in something very strange in the early days of bite at a very cheap price. Whatever the profit they get is a very worthy gift for her. And if we are new to bitcoin, take it as evidence that investing in bitcoin is very profitable, it will be your advantage as a late user
I will not say this thing that bitcoin is unfairly benefiting the ones who bought bitcoin at early ages. In fact, this is the reward which they are getting in return from that of bitcoin. The reward of trusting bitcoin and that too at the time when there were very few who were willing to invest their money in bitcoins. There is no point of complaining about anything. It is our fault that we haven’t invested at that time.
Pages:
Jump to: