Pages:
Author

Topic: Yesminer M20 / M10 - page 18. (Read 46890 times)

legendary
Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014
January 17, 2016, 03:05:36 PM
Its not a scam, sorry folks. I just got my shipping date for 11 pcs M20 + upgrades.
I also knows what will be released from Yesminers end this year, but cant tell yet, just that all those miners out right now is obsolete from all other companies, even Spondoolies, Bitmain, Avalon and bitfury. I got pics from Yesminers of the Units and will post here when they arrive, if they do ;-)
Chips are from TSMC who also makes the KNC chips and only 1 other company besides Yesminers owns the right to the chips. The NDA should be liftet any day now and im waiting for this to be liftet.
2500 Miners is going to be produced totally and next production schedule is set to end April.
Lets see when the miners arrive how they perform.... if they arrive ;-)

So what's the ETA? You're the most reputable member judging by your forum status to endorse YM so far...
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
January 17, 2016, 01:08:47 PM
Its not a scam, sorry folks. I just got my shipping date for 11 pcs M20 + upgrades.
I also knows what will be released from Yesminers end this year, but cant tell yet, just that all those miners out right now is obsolete from all other companies, even Spondoolies, Bitmain, Avalon and bitfury. I got pics from Yesminers of the Units and will post here when they arrive, if they do ;-)
Chips are from TSMC who also makes the KNC chips and only 1 other company besides Yesminers owns the right to the chips. The NDA should be liftet any day now and im waiting for this to be liftet.
2500 Miners is going to be produced totally and next production schedule is set to end April.
Lets see when the miners arrive how they perform.... if they arrive ;-)
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 2792
Escrow Service
January 17, 2016, 08:34:27 AM
Any news?
On the yesminers Homepage are the first batch with ~100 Miners in done / shipping status
In the next days we see some unboxing topics or a big SCAM

And the Homepage have listet Batch 2 :-).  SCAM the Second One
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
January 12, 2016, 03:41:09 AM
It is sure now that the YES Miner folks are a scam!

I have turned my attention to trying to secure a SP50 Yukon by Spondoolies-Tech 110TH
I am trying to scrounge up to buy 2 units  Grin
Found a company in Malaysia claiming they would sell me 2 and I am sending a friend there to visually see stock this week:

Spondoolies 110 TH/s SP50 Yukon Bitcoin Miner
Price: $13,120/unit
Product Specs:
 * Effective Hash Rate: 110 TH/s ± 10%
  * Controller: TI Sitara 1GHz (based on Beagle Bone Black)
  * Controller Board OS: Linux (embedded)
  * Mining Software: cgminer with custom plugin
  * Form Factor: 2 U rack mountable (mounting ears provided)
* Network: Single 10/100 Ethernet port
* Fans: 4 X 80 mm
  * Input Rating: 90 - 264 VAC
  * Ambient Operating Temperature: 0 °C to 35 °C
  * Emissions Compliance: FCC / CE
  * Safety Certification: CE

Thats way too cheap, isnt it?
And 110TH @ 2U? Is that possible? Tongue

2U and 80mm fans are NOT a SP50.
 Might be an SP31 or SP35 - if the units are real.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
January 12, 2016, 01:40:30 AM
They are obstinately refusing to provide a unit for testing and review (I offfered to send a unit maybe not to me, but to any other trustworthy member of the cryptocommunity, but the answer was NO anyway). I offered to pay for it, but only after receiving the unit. I promised to bring them together with 2 of my parthers who are reday to buy some batch of newest miners. But the answer is NO again and again.

What is it if not a scam?

p.s. but I am still ready to disprove this statement - it's up to them.
Activity: 840
January 11, 2016, 03:19:00 PM
The price is per unit and yes seems cheap. However, if a major player had blocked 500-1000 units for them self maybe they paid half of that.
The rumor prior to release last year was a speculated retail of $36,000 each. Only time will tell as they invited me to come and see the equipment which seems OK. I am lucky to have a lot of friends world wide so I asked one to go there this week. 

They can't even copy/paste correctly from the spondoolies website:

http://www.spondoolies-tech.com/products/sp50

Form Factor: 11 U rack mountable (mounting ears provided)

Network: Single 10/100 Ethernet port

Fans: 6 X 120 mm

Dont waste your time/money with them.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
January 11, 2016, 02:21:46 PM
The price is per unit and yes seems cheap. However, if a major player had blocked 500-1000 units for them self maybe they paid half of that.
The rumor prior to release last year was a speculated retail of $36,000 each. Only time will tell as they invited me to come and see the equipment which seems OK. I am lucky to have a lot of friends world wide so I asked one to go there this week. 
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
January 11, 2016, 02:15:45 PM

I have turned my attention to trying to secure a SP50 Yukon by Spondoolies-Tech 110TH
Found a company in Malaysia claiming they would sell me 2 and I am sending a friend there to visually see stock this week:

Product Specs:

Thats way too cheap, isnt it?
And 110TH @ 2U? Is that possible? Tongue
January 11, 2016, 02:13:27 PM

Product Specs:
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
January 11, 2016, 07:15:55 AM
Offering an Overclock for a non existent miner?
Oh man, that's hilarious!!!! LOL

most equipment asic scams of this sort do this...."special offer....last chance to 1st pre-order folk" the old FOMO to bleed some more $$$ Smiley

the next part of this drama will be the 'unfortunate delays' (end of the month) and to compensate we will INCREASE your hash rate for free

or double it for a 'modest fee'

then after that 'sorry about the delay we have had unanticipated supply problems'

then 'poof' the site goes away (probably by march)

they then go off ...make a 'new' imaginary miner.....and web site etc

rinse/wash/repeat Smiley
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
January 11, 2016, 05:45:46 AM
Offering an Overclock for a non existent miner?
Oh man, that's hilarious!!!! LOL
copper member
Clueless!
January 11, 2016, 02:33:17 AM
Wow. Now they even offer some upgrade for their unconfirmed M20 and M10 miners:

https://www.yesminers.de/en/upgrades.html  Shocked

old scammer trick ....'be one of the few to get your 'improved' miner on you pre-order....limited time" ...the last 'blush on the rose' before they cut the stem Smiley

It will wrap up soon here now....they have milked it for all it is worth Smiley

(will now go an look at link above see how close a guess the above was) Smiley

heh...just read it ....wish I could see their BTC address and then tell how much BTC they have managed to scam....would be an interesting view of human nature Smiley

heh...just looked at above site at the products..not an 'internal view' to be seen...no chip pics nada ....

well this dead horse is almost done imho..the plug will be pulled imho before feb 1st or so (but then again it is not like they are getting busted for trying this and

spouting off about their unicorn product) Smiley

legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
January 11, 2016, 12:23:12 AM
Wow. Now they even offer some upgrade for their unconfirmed M20 and M10 miners:

https://www.yesminers.de/en/upgrades.html  Shocked
copper member
Clueless!
January 10, 2016, 02:04:29 AM
Update!
I have been in email contact with Yes Miner this past week and added one unit to my shopping cart.
Prior to making payment I requested a photo of one unit with the case open and one photo of the assemble area.

They responded they were unable to do so as per a NDA, (non disclosure agreement) !

Knowing, there is something fishy here I decided to take it a step further and have requested a friend in Hamburg to take a visit to their place next week and will update with the findings.

I wish I could understand German as I would be nice to see what their average electric bill is. ✌️

don't pay....even if they HAVE such units..they would be better off taking your $$$ and mining themselves like KNC as a private firm....so even if they do have such....i bet they keep the
units and your money

Its a scam....not a very good scam.....for example alpha tech promised 'scrypt miners' for 30% down took credit cards and PayPal  and still send emails that they are working on units
2 years since they took pre-order cash in 2014!

so it an't that hard to do the above with cc and PayPal to get off the ground for your scam......i mean really yes miners has NO pride in the 'scammy arts' lame ass scam indeed ...no style! Smiley

oh and buy the way they were supposed to be shipping by now from their original postings ....from like 7 months ago ...the you tube video of the working unit etc Smiley

January 09, 2016, 03:12:22 PM
Update!
I have been in email contact with Yes Miner this past week and added one unit to my shopping cart.
Prior to making payment I requested a photo of one unit with the case open and one photo of the assemble area.

They responded they were unable to do so as per a NDA, (non disclosure agreement) !

Knowing, there is something fishy here I decided to take it a step further and have requested a friend in Hamburg to take a visit to their place next week and will update with the findings.

I wish I could understand German as I would be nice to see what their average electric bill is. ✌️
copper member
Clueless!
November 01, 2015, 05:14:27 AM
needless worry, in the expeditions is pagamente it says that if the figure does not exceed 3500 (EUR) the customer can pay the courier when it is delivered.
so I see the problem, look in January 2016 is then ordered 1 yesminer 10 thr. Wink

pay on delivery, does not mean that you can not be cheated, the courier will deliver the goods, take the money and go, you open the box begins to connect and you realize that it does not work, go to see inside the houses, and see that there is nothing that resembles a miner, then open your eyes.

I am afraid the above is correct. On Oct 18th 2013 I was given the choice of accepting by DHL a KNC 550gh Jupiter BTC miner that only had the 2 ends of the box yet. The rest was soggy mess and most of the missing cardboard slurped off. You moved it you could hear the water slosh around inside. My choices were to send it back (my cost) and/ refuse delivery and go thru a process of months with DHL on such a return (or so I was told) or take the unit.

Spent like 2 hrs with a hair drying (borrowed from neighbor) in FULL PANIC mode ....and luckily the unit worked fine for more then 1 year.

In fact in 20/20 hindsight .the first Jupiter units were packed flimsy ...a lot of folk had broken units because package was so light it was tossed about. My unit was like an 'accordion' you had to carry it by pressing both ends of the box together or it fell apart..thus no tossing so MAYBE no issues I could have had

man I was p/o'd thou ..even thou it worked out (ah 150 usd btc that day......1 btc a day and 6 weeks later or 2 days after thanksgiving BTC was over 1000 usd or so..I was a happy newbie then my wonder years..now older and more cynical Smiley

anyway my setup below on imgur there is a pic of the unit as it arrived on the below link someplace

lostgonzo.imgur.com

gonna miss mining when the titans go doorstop

Also as you can see from the main pic..the knc 550gh Jupiter is now being used as a gravity assist device to hold the miner workbench down (its off) lol Smiley

I miss my newbie self..so....full of hope.....now just so confused.....nothing like opening up your miner and pouring a glass or two of rainwater out of it ....takes the thrill out of delivery of the miner let me tell you Smiley
Activity: 798
November 01, 2015, 04:33:49 AM
needless worry, in the expeditions is pagamente it says that if the figure does not exceed 3500 (EUR) the customer can pay the courier when it is delivered.
so I see the problem, look in January 2016 is then ordered 1 yesminer 10 thr. Wink

pay on delivery, does not mean that you can not be cheated, the courier will deliver the goods, take the money and go, you open the box begins to connect and you realize that it does not work, go to see inside the houses, and see that there is nothing that resembles a miner, then open your eyes.
Activity: 4
October 30, 2015, 04:20:10 PM
Maybe it is a scam maybe not.

With the current available technology, if you where to start today what hardware would make sense in order to be profitable. All the simulation that I make only show that current hardware is not profitable (S5, S7 included). With M20 you can make profit the first year of operations....

Not 'maybe' a scam.  It definitely is.  The S7 is the only miner available right now and it's twice as efficient as the S5.  These things are saying they are .06 J/GH.  I bet they're using that number since KnC promised their next gen chips will be that low as well...but nobody has seen them and they keep it all to themselves anyway.

Bitmain has been able to squeeze out major efficiency with their chips and when/if they go 16nm, they would have to beat their current gen to entice people to buy.

Neither the S5 nor S7 are profitable (according to my calculations)! What does one need to use for making profits?

Cheap electricity...I pay $0.0645/kwh so yes, the S7 is profitable to me.
With this cost of power a S7 miner would "break even" after 252 days of 24/24 7/7 calculation and after one year of operate the BTC revenue divided by two. This is not what I call a sustainable economical model (at least for the miner but not for the hardware manufacturers).....

What hardware ones need to buy for decent ROI?
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
October 30, 2015, 04:11:23 PM

With the current available technology, if you where to start today what hardware would make sense in order to be profitable. All the simulation that I make only show that current hardware is not profitable (S5, S7 included). With M20 you can make profit the first year of operations....

Not 'maybe' a scam.  It definitely is.  The S7 is the only miner available right now and it's twice as efficient as the S5.  These things are saying they are .06 J/GH.  I bet they're using that number since KnC promised their next gen chips will be that low as well...but nobody has seen them and they keep it all to themselves anyway.

Bitmain has been able to squeeze out major efficiency with their chips and when/if they go 16nm, they would have to beat their current gen to entice people to buy.

Neither the S5 nor S7 are profitable (according to my calculations)! What does one need to use for making profits?

Cheap electricity...I pay $0.0645/kwh so yes, the S7 is profitable to me.
Activity: 4
October 30, 2015, 03:19:07 PM

Pages:
Jump to: