Pages:
Author

Topic: Yet another Coin Control Release [CLOSED] - page 8. (Read 47431 times)

donator
Activity: 980
Merit: 1004
felonious vagrancy, personified
Cozz, you are awesome.  Used your own feature to send you a tip. Smiley  Hope this gets merged upstream.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1091
These python releases would be much more useful to most of us if they were integrated with python included and gui'ed in windows/LINUX/mac

PyQt is a GUI API for python, so it would definitely be a GUI coin control app.  Integrated releases should be easily possible with py2exe and similar tools, for those platforms that need it.

legendary
Activity: 1632
Merit: 1010
These python releases would be much more useful to most of us if they were integrated with python included and gui'ed in windows/LINUX/mac
legendary
Anyone know PyQt?  That could provide the same functions, without patching bitcoind / Bitcoin-Qt, for coin control via python-bitcoinrpc.

Activity: 26
Merit: 9
Fantastic! Thank you! I shall be using this now in preference to the standard bitcoin-qt project. Do you have a reference to where the source is on github please? Also, I'd quite like to compile this myself on Windows - so if you'd be willing to include info on how you compiled the windows binary, this would be fantastic.

Thank you again!
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
February 21, 2013, 10:11:38 PM
Please include it in 0.8.1 *exactly like this* Smiley
IMO, this is definitely a 0.9 feature at the earliest. Way too big a change for 0.8.x Smiley

Only if 0.9 comes out really fast! :3
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
@cozz:

This is soooo awesome.

I want to express my gratitude for your hard work on this. Is your donation address valid ?

+1

Nice work!
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1005
Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952
@cozz:

This is soooo awesome.

I want to express my gratitude for your hard work on this. Is your donation address valid ?
Activity: 61
Merit: 15
update v0.8.0

Changes:
- GUI: removed tab coin control, it is now integrated in send coins dialog as popup
- REMOVAL: removed trace back feature completely, because it is no more possible with pruned txindex
- FEATURE: control of change address (auto,back to input,custom)
- rebased to current master, using the new lockCoin methods
- updated screenshots
- submitted pull request
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
February 21, 2013, 02:53:25 PM
IMO, this is definitely a 0.9 feature at the earliest. Way too big a change for 0.8.x Smiley
Activity: 403
Merit: 251
February 21, 2013, 02:52:28 PM
It feels like individual coins in the wallet now, each with it's own history
instead of just a number.

Bonus points for improved privacy, improved control over fees, and being
educational for noobs about how bitcoin works.

It was only the wind.
February 20, 2013, 05:55:55 PM
Why isn't coin control in the main client? It seems like an EXTREMELY useful feature.
Because basically no one was interested in doing even the most basic maintenance on the GUI and the code that was submitted wasn't really mergable without work. We added the bare minimum for a sufficiently technical user to do it on their own (or for someone to roll an external GUI for it).

I would help add it to the GUI, if there's no one else willing. But if I'm reading correctly, this patch does it already, so never mind.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
February 21, 2013, 04:10:07 AM
Please open a pullreq for this after rebasing to 0.8. Smiley
legendary
February 20, 2013, 07:44:22 PM
Ideal for those who want a UI is simply to write an add-on utility or plugin that uses the RPC API.
staff
Activity: 4200
Merit: 8441
February 20, 2013, 12:09:46 AM
Why isn't coin control in the main client? It seems like an EXTREMELY useful feature.
Because basically no one was interested in doing even the most basic maintenance on the GUI and the code that was submitted wasn't really mergable without work. We added the bare minimum for a sufficiently technical user to do it on their own (or for someone to roll an external GUI for it).

The screenshots look pretty interesting! This seems like a MAJOR improvement over the old stuff.  I'm more inclined to merge something like this than Jeff is sounding, assuming that the author is willing to endure the requisite hoop jumping and shed painting... not just because it's useful, but because its a feature that can help increase technical understanding of the Bitcoin system.
It was only the wind.
February 19, 2013, 10:23:32 PM
legendary
February 19, 2013, 11:41:20 PM

See the 'spendfrom' script in contrib/ of version 0.8.0.

legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 4658
February 15, 2013, 10:42:16 AM
. . . I also have paper backups and the paper backups consist of a single private key which is, apparently, insufficient.
Assuming that you are using Bitcoin-Qt, and unless you are using a special "coin control" release that allows you to specify where the change goes, you are correct.  A paper backup with a single private key is insufficient.  Fortunately you've discovered this before it was a problem.

I'm don't know how old your electronic backups are, nor do I know how many transactions you create per month, but if the sum of all the bitcoin addresses you've created in "Receive Coins" and the total number of transactions you've created since your last electronic backup is more than 100, and you haven't modified your configuration to increase the size of the address pool, then you don't have a recent enough electronic backup either.
legendary
February 15, 2013, 10:38:26 AM
Version 0.7.2 and later include the raw transaction API (JSON-RPC), which permits full coin control.

The upcoming release 0.8 includes contrib/spendfrom/ utility, which illustrates how easily an external utility may provide coin control capability.  No GUI patching required.

Activity: 221
Merit: 100
February 15, 2013, 10:32:57 AM
It also means that storing private keys from Bitcoin-Qt is only useful if you are not spending the bitcoin associated with those keys at all.

This.
While I have electronic backups I also have paper backups and the paper backups consist of a single private key which is, apparently, insufficient.
Pages:
Jump to: