Author

Topic: [∞ YH] solo.ckpool.org 1% fee solo mining USA/DE 251 blocks solved! - page 468. (Read 1514129 times)

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
I've seen this a few times today.  And then it needs to work the diff down before I start seeing shares. Can you tell if this is server side or client?

[2014-10-19 19:36:45] Stratum from pool 0 requested work update
[2014-10-19 19:36:47] Accepted 0d36c508 AMU 2  pool 0 Diff 19/5
[2014-10-19 19:37:08] Pool 0 stratum share submission failure
[2014-10-19 19:37:08] Stratum connection to pool 0 interrupted
[2014-10-19 19:37:10] Message from pool 0: Authorised, welcome to solo.ckpool.o
rg 1PEapF6rZNMkykfoJrfDSKT4Z7neGbF5ku!
[2014-10-19 19:37:10] Stratum from pool 0 requested work update
[2014-10-19 19:37:15] Stratum from pool 0 requested work update
[2014-10-19 19:37:46] Stratum from pool 0 requested work update
[2014-10-19 19:38:16] Stratum from pool 0 requested work update
[2014-10-19 19:38:46] Stratum from pool 0 requested work update
[2014-10-19 19:39:16] Stratum from pool 0 requested work update
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
nobody found a block since 21 September?
is there any place beside blockchain to see pool stats?
Pretty much. It's not like we're going to find many blocks averaging 40TH. It also makes zero difference to each individual miner what the overall hashrate of the pool is. The only stats are those linked on the front page and doesn't include blocks since they all show up in blockchain. The pool is intentionally lean and no fuss and accordingly very low fee. Just raw mining at its best.
Activity: 746
Merit: 502
Looking for advertising deal
nobody found a block since 21 September?
is there any place beside blockchain to see pool stats?
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
That's telling them!

I'm in! )

Welcome. Good luck!

will be firing up my block erupter soon with my pi pointing here soon  Cheesy

Most impressive, keep it up!
legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002
Mine Mine Mine
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant

Statistics:
Simple total pool statistics can be found at http://solo.ckpool.org/pool/ and http://solo.ckpool.org/tube/pool/
Solo.ckpool.org currently only displays minimal per user and per worker information based on btcaddress.
To access this, enter your BTC address at the end of: http://solo.ckpool.org/users/ and http://solo.ckpool.org/tube/users/
or your workername at the end of: http://solo.ckpool.org/workers/ and http://solo.ckpool.org/tube/workers/

I'm in! )

May be there should be another words:

To access this, enter your BTC address at the end of: http://solo.ckpool.org/users/ and http://solo.ckpool.org/tube/users/
or your BTC address[dot]workername at the end of: http://solo.ckpool.org/workers/ and http://solo.ckpool.org/tube/workers/
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Althought worthless,  since the server is on its mining with its 2 CPUs and CPU miner.
In the first days using the pool I saw it was hashing but did not get a YAYs thats common with
cpu miner when in other pools.

So today it started also making some YAYs actually running for less than an hour and have already 3
when other days not even one.
How does this translated???

LOL+Hi Hi

Wishfull thinking 3 blocks in a row!!!

LOL+Hi Hi
LOL... no, you didn't find 3 blocks, you got 3 accepted shares.  ckpool uses variable difficulty that starts at 1024 and adjusts according to the hash rate of your miners.  Since you're CPU mining (dear lord in heaven what are you thinking???), it just happened to take that long to find a difficulty 1024 share.  Today you got lucky and found a share at least 1024 difficulty, so likely the pool has now adjusted the difficulty to match your abysmal hashing speed from the CPU.

Seriously... what are you thinking?  Do you just not like your server, or are you doing some kind of extended CPU burn in testing?  Nothing good can come of CPU mining BTC.  Of course, now that I've written this, that CPU will probably be the next block finder on the pool... Grin

Hi I know but have not noticed any problems with the server its just a file server that we store our data have backups daily and 5 disks inside it so will not hurt anything its an old IBM blade  with 2 CPU
I also know it will not find a  block but since its open we participate on the network support this pool.

Oh have to add I run a USB antminer also in this pool

So its the amazing power or 2 Ghs !!!
finding the next block its a matter of luck like playing the lotto
2Ghs makes 0,35 $ each month so it for fun only

Activity: 310
Merit: 100
will be firing up my block eurpter soon with my pi pointing here soon  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002
Mine Mine Mine
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
I noticed on my miner that work was interrupted and message from pool 0: Authorised, welcome to solo.ckpool.org....
But since that time, there are no shares showing up just requested work updates and new block detection.

Edit:  I noticed stratum diff updated to 1.02k, so I think that's the reason.  Just pulled a 4.21k share.  Is diff now fixed or will it vary back down again?
What hashrate are you running? When you first connect or reconnect it always resets your diff to 1024. If your hashrate is very low it can take ages before you find a share and the pool recognises your hashrate and lowers the diff for you.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
I noticed on my miner that work was interrupted and message from pool 0: Authorised, welcome to solo.ckpool.org....
But since that time, there are no shares showing up just requested work updates and new block detection.

Edit:  I noticed stratum diff updated to 1.02k, so I think that's the reason.  Just pulled a 4.21k share.  Working as intended!! Thanks.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Hi all, just a heads up that the testnet pool will be offline for a few hours whilst the host the vps runs on has its kernel upgraded. The solo pool will be unaffected, and the testnet pool is a not-for-profit service so I don't think anyone will really mind. If it was critical I'd try and minimise the downtime.
Back online. Turned out to only be a few minutes. Solo pool was not affected.
Activity: 932
arcs-chain.com
This is amazing to see the share numbers on ckpool, just like my old miners have found another gear or something  Shocked

arcs-chain.com
I wonder how would ant s2 and s4 perform if those are turned to diskless nodes and booted from network, much more power maybe? Im thinking booting those s1:s to gentoo, could that be possibleto get those mining that way?
You mean would their hashrate be higher? Absolutely not, at least not on this or any other ckpool.
Ckpool is getting everything out from the miners, only time fans sometimes gets quiet for a few sec is just after a block is found, but on some other pools its different with less than 30sec blocktime, the ants openwrt board is just not enough to handle that. If there just would be an usb port to bypass openwrt..
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Hi all, just a heads up that the testnet pool will be offline for a few hours whilst the host the vps runs on has its kernel upgraded. The solo pool will be unaffected, and the testnet pool is a not-for-profit service so I don't think anyone will really mind. If it was critical I'd try and minimise the downtime.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/

Since Slush has their Diff made to AUTOMATICALLY adjust, does this mean the S4 will be fine on Slush?

Every decent pool has their difficulty automatically adjust.  The problem is that they all start at a base level and adjust up from there unless the user sets a minimum level/starting level (which most pools also have the ability to change).  If the user keeps the minimum/starting level too low, the S4 will choke to death before it is adjusted to an adequate level.
Not quite Smiley
Solo and Kano CKPool both start at 1024 and work down if necessary.
On Kano pool I work down to no lower than 42 - though of course I also allow the user to set a minimum diff ... greater than 42 ... if the miner chooses less than 42 then the pool limits it to 42 on Kano pool.
Though I did test this with a bitmain representative starting at diff1 and confirmed ckpool is still okay even starting at diff 1.
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

Since Slush has their Diff made to AUTOMATICALLY adjust, does this mean the S4 will be fine on Slush?

Every decent pool has their difficulty automatically adjust.  The problem is that they all start at a base level and adjust up from there unless the user sets a minimum level/starting level (which most pools also have the ability to change).  If the user keeps the minimum/starting level too low, the S4 will choke to death before it is adjusted to an adequate level.
Not quite Smiley
Solo and Kano CKPool both start at 1024 and work down if necessary.
On Kano pool I work down to no lower than 42 - though of course I also allow the user to set a minimum diff ... greater than 42 ... if the miner chooses less than 42 then the pool limits it to 42 on Kano pool.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
I wonder how would ant s2 and s4 perform if those are turned to diskless nodes and booted from network, much more power maybe? Im thinking booting those s1:s to gentoo, could that be possibleto get those mining that way?
You mean would their hashrate be higher? Absolutely not, at least not on this or any other ckpool.
arcs-chain.com
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
I am using chainminer. The web page is still showing 242 GH/s and I can see it getting a diff 1 share every now and then in the stratum proxy screen. When I point it to Eligius or BTC Guild everything is fine.

The rig is a V2 M-board with V1 cards. I have cgminer installed on the pi using the black arrow driver, but it just throws all HW errors. The other miner program is installed as well, but it eventually just dies out. It is really not that big of a deal now, it is just weird and now I wanna know why it is not working right.
No idea, but it's downstream from the pool. However, if it wasn't clear, it is still hashing at 242 GH, it's just not submitting any shares below the diff it gets when it starts, which means that only the stats are wrong, but your chance of finding a block with this hardware are still the same 1 in a trillion or whatever they are for 242 GH.
Jump to: