Author

Topic: [∞ YH] solo.ckpool.org 2% fee solo mining 256 blocks solved! - page 179. (Read 85598 times)

legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 6279
be constructive or S.T.F.U
Since when does CK support Vnish but not chipless and other smaller ones?

Since ever i guess.

Maybe you are confusing Kano pool with Cksolo pool. Have you actually tried to mine on solo.ckpool.org using Vnish and were not able to connect?
Activity: 604
Merit: 416
Crazy Mining is a rebranded Vnish, Cksolo pool works just fine with Vnish (Asic.to and AwoesomeMiner) so I would assume this would work as well, and might as well hit a block or two.  Tongue
Since when does CK support Vnish but not chipless and other smaller ones?
legendary

Use the "Insert Image" function isntead of posting the url.

You settings look right to me, I can't tell if you have any leading/trailing spaces, so the best way to know for sure is by looking at the status page, if the pool shows "Alive" then your settings are correct.

As kids would say these days, BIG OOOOF incoming.
Custom firmware and Ck have a rocky relationship.

Crazy Mining is a rebranded Vnish, Cksolo pool works just fine with Vnish (Asic.to and AwoesomeMiner) so I would assume this would work as well, and might as well hit a block or two.  Tongue
Hello everybody,
I plan to run some miners at Ckpool.

Are these settings that I made right?
Can I optimize other settings?
Is it better to use the original firmware?

greeting
Moeter.

̶A̶s̶ ̶k̶i̶d̶s̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶s̶a̶y̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶s̶e̶ ̶d̶a̶y̶s̶,̶ ̶B̶I̶G̶ ̶O̶O̶O̶O̶F̶ ̶i̶n̶c̶o̶m̶i̶n̶g̶.̶
̶C̶u̶s̶t̶o̶m̶ ̶f̶i̶r̶m̶w̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶C̶k̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶r̶o̶c̶k̶y̶ ̶r̶e̶l̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶s̶h̶i̶p̶.̶
Activity: 59
Merit: 29
Hello everybody,
I plan to run some miners at Ckpool.

Are these settings that I made right?
Can I optimize other settings?
Is it better to use the original firmware?

https://ibb.co/D545b5R

greeting
Moeter.

Activity: 438
Merit: 15
just pulled a couple of S3s out of the garage to test them lol - what sort of share size should i be looing at getting to solve a block... its been a while since i mined anything - had a few S1s running pencil mods a few years back on here!

A few CKCOLO blocks back, someone hit it with average of 500gh...
Likely from an S3, probably the luckiest block I have seen in a long while.
Good luck and happy mining!
legendary
Hi
I think solo.ckpool.org user statistics are not working

"The requested URL was not found on this server."

Use this link > https://solo.ckpool.org/users/1PKN98VN2z5gwSGZvGKS2bj8aADZBkyhkZ, replace the bitcoin address with your own.
Activity: 56
Merit: 4
just pulled a couple of S3s out of the garage to test them lol - what sort of share size should i be looing at getting to solve a block... its been a while since i mined anything - had a few S1s running pencil mods a few years back on here!

You need a share that is higher than the current difficulty. So the current diff is 19.28 trillion so you need a share that is that or higher for a solve
Check out solochance.com and put in your current speed for an estimate of how long it may take to solve a block.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
Hi
I think solo.ckpool.org user statistics are not working

"The requested URL was not found on this server."
Activity: 585
Merit: 500
Activity: 406
Merit: 254
Sorry guys, but no luck this time .
hope we will crack this 257 block next time.
legendary

Ok, I thought there might be another way to operate hash-rentals without pooling miners through their proxy which I don't know about. Cheers

I suppose these are your orders

USA Market

Code:
645a2554  0.0103   2.50

EU Market
Code:
4f08a0c5 0.0103 2.50

I think in the next run try to put half the pot on Asicboost, it is cheaper like most of the time.

Good luck, hope you guys manage to hit block 257.
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4018
Merit: 1622
Ruu \o/
(in fact it's relatively lossy and adds latency compared to actually sending all the miners directly to the pool.)

And how are they going to be able to monitor everything without pooling/redirecting the hashrate through their proxy? if the connection was going straight from the miner to the buyer's pool then Nicehash can't operate, what other options do they have?

ِ
All I did was point out a fact.
legendary
(in fact it's relatively lossy and adds latency compared to actually sending all the miners directly to the pool.)

And how are they going to be able to monitor everything without pooling/redirecting the hashrate through their proxy? if the connection was going straight from the miner to the buyer's pool then Nicehash can't operate, what other options do they have?

ِ
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4018
Merit: 1622
Ruu \o/
Nicehash has always pooled miners through a proxy into very few workers. Doesn't mean anything (in fact it's relatively lossy and adds latency compared to actually sending all the miners directly to the pool.)
legendary
Damn 16 workers getting 5PH?!!
I have 6 workers and I'm at 115TH that's some serious horsepower we're pulling off of.

You can have multiple machines under same worker. I sometimes do that when I know they are stable.

16 Asic miners can't make 5PH, not even remotely close, it's either what Favebook explained or that nicehash treats every account as a single worker, which means if someone is renting 1PH from 100 miners it will show as 1, we don't know how does nicehash route the hashrate, also the use of mining proxy can be the reason, many of those huge farms in China like in Inner magnolia, Sichuan and Yunnan are in remote areas in the mountains, they probably don't have fiber-optic cables and stuff, and they must be limited to speed/bandwidth, while 10 miners don't need that much of speed and bandwidth, 10,000 or 20,000 of them do need a lot, so why not use a proxy?
I have 6 workers and I'm at 115TH that's some serious horsepower we're pulling off of.

You can have multiple machines under same worker. I sometimes do that when I know they are stable.
Activity: 56
Merit: 4
Activity: 406
Merit: 254
Havin said that, it's really the team-spirit that gets this thing going, many people wouldn't want to play this game alone, also many people don't really know how to rent hash power and deal with the pool settings and stuff, so keep these rounds coming, I wish you all the best of luck.

Thnx

Ok, so all funds received.
im transferring those btc to nicehash and we will start soonish.

Solo stats link: https://solo.ckpool.org/users/1NZK9hvXaaH1q9DdnneieqJ3yYiS3iALmp

Update, we are live
5ph for ~ 23 hours

https://imgur.com/H1Vttxi
https://imgur.com/umV0tiS
https://imgur.com/Wl8DznB
legendary
But for our group, more people = better chances finding a Block.

It also means less rewards if you managed to hit a block, risk/reward wise it shouldn't really matter wether it's 5 or 100 people, it doesn't even matter if you do it alone or with another 9 people, heck it doesn't even matter if you rent 24PH for 1 hour or 1ph or 24 hours.

Havin said that, it's really the team-spirit that gets this thing going, many people wouldn't want to play this game alone, also many people don't really know how to rent hash power and deal with the pool settings and stuff, so keep these rounds coming, I wish you all the best of luck.

Please notice:

Latest Block:   648790  (18 minutes ago)
Current Pace:   111.7995%  (1655 / 1480.33 expected, 174.67 ahead)
Next Retarget (earliest):   Sunday at 4:12 AM  (in 2d 5h 48m 59s)
Next Retarget (latest):   Sunday at 5:21 AM  (in 2d 6h 57m 13s)
https://diff.cryptothis.com/

We will likely retarget earlier than 2d and 5h since fresh hashrate keeps coming in.

Jump to: