Pages:
Author

Topic: Your favorite stablecoin?? - page 4. (Read 21250 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 153
December 10, 2018, 12:35:40 PM
My favorite stable coin Paxos Standard Token(PAX). because it is controlled by a stable coin. Having a stable coin approved by the state of New York gives confidence. A stable coin approved separately from the SEC.
Activity: 714
Merit: 251
December 10, 2018, 12:24:37 PM
I am not a very big fan of stable coins because i do not think that any of them are sustainable since their projects are not the kind that people are going to want to invest in given that an asset that does not move is least likely to make you any kind of money or profit but I would have to pick tether as the stable coin to go with since it has the highest number of investors
today, a stable coin can only be used to wait out the bad state of the market. Of course, every trader works with a coin, which fluctuates in price and earns with the help of price difference.
Activity: 84
Merit: 1
December 10, 2018, 12:20:39 PM
my vote will go for USDT along with bitcoin, im hodl as much as possible
Activity: 532
Merit: 100
December 10, 2018, 12:15:46 PM
I am not a very big fan of stable coins because i do not think that any of them are sustainable since their projects are not the kind that people are going to want to invest in given that an asset that does not move is least likely to make you any kind of money or profit but I would have to pick tether as the stable coin to go with since it has the highest number of investors
I think there is only one way out for those people who do not have a strategy for reducing their risks. First of all, I want to draw attention to the USDT coins, which remain stable throughout the history of its existence.
Activity: 350
Merit: 11
December 10, 2018, 12:08:45 PM
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
November 30, 2018, 03:04:48 AM
VOTE HERE FOR BEST STABLECOIN:

https://discover.apester.com/media/5b9a838ad4b9a9d70c6fb3fd

If you select "something else" list it here
Activity: 896
Merit: 500
Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE
October 27, 2018, 10:46:54 AM
I prefer some exchange that supports USD (like bittrex, coss, livecoin) but for cryptocurrency I think the one will take place and most users will be TUSD
Activity: 1554
Merit: 101
October 27, 2018, 10:43:58 AM
i think the most stable is fiat, even btc can't be stable, you can convert your money to usd or to your own currency after trading or any transaction for safety.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 101
October 27, 2018, 10:33:44 AM
Not sure as I haven't done much due diligence on the topic. The only thing I know is that I will definitely stay away from Tether and may go for trueUSD or any other one that has been recently listed on Binance. I have heard good things about Dai as well.
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
The World’s First Blockchain Core
October 27, 2018, 10:32:17 AM
My favourite stable coin is still tether. I believe tether. You know tether backed by bitfinex. and they have huge marketcap. There are too many fuds always about tether. But i think that is normal.
They are really big and there is not regulations still in that space. Because of that they dont have to announce any private informations about their company or bank etc. I think that is normal too.
I believe tether and i am using tether when i need to wait on dollar.
Activity: 938
Merit: 256
October 27, 2018, 10:29:44 AM
Been seeing a lot of talk about stablecoins lately like this article: https://www.forbes.com/sites/shermanlee/2018/03/12/explaining-stable-coins-the-holy-grail-of-crytpocurrency/#432e3ce84fc6

What do you guys think about them? My personal favorite would be Havven since they're not pegged to fiat or gold and is trustless.

The most stable coin is USDT and i love to hold it and play scalping trade to other coins in a short time Cheesy
Also bitcoin, i always hold some bitcoins
Activity: 504
Merit: 100
October 27, 2018, 10:27:54 AM
Before talking about some stable projects, I must say that today in the world of cryptocurrency there are no projects that would guarantee you 100% stability and security, because these are cryptocurrencies that definitely will not be so soon.
Activity: 210
October 27, 2018, 10:23:53 AM
surely the very stable and suitable coin for long-term investment is BTC, but there are still many altcoins that have good potential for long-term investment because of the stable price of EOS, NEO and XRP
Activity: 266
Merit: 1
October 27, 2018, 10:09:38 AM
Hi, I do not have at the moment my favorite stablecoin. I do not trust Tether but also do not trust other stablecoin. I think it's not a bad TrueUSD as stablecoin but I am not sure about its reliability.
Activity: 293
October 27, 2018, 09:53:14 AM
I do not have any favorite stable coin because stable coins are for people who are scared to actually take any kind of risks with their money in order to make more money. I like the fact that cryptocurrencies are volatile, that is how you make money from investments, when the prices are down you buy and when they go up you sell, you just have to be patient enough to make the volatility work in your favor
Activity: 574
Merit: 11
October 23, 2018, 05:07:06 PM
I think soon we can trade direct from cryptocurrency to fiat money. And I think stable coins will exist but it will have other function for cryptocommunity than for now.
Activity: 882
Merit: 548
October 23, 2018, 03:17:30 PM
Been seeing a lot of talk about stablecoins lately like this article: https://www.forbes.com/sites/shermanlee/2018/03/12/explaining-stable-coins-the-holy-grail-of-crytpocurrency/#432e3ce84fc6

What do you guys think about them? My personal favorite would be Havven since they're not pegged to fiat or gold and is trustless.

Hey jack107! A stable coin is riskier than USD since it has additional counterparty risk. It is also worse than other decentralized crypto assets in that regard.
Activity: 365
Merit: 103
October 22, 2018, 03:45:59 AM
Huobi developed an integrated solution called HUSD that targets multiple stablecoins. The feature will allow users to deposit USDC, GUSD, PAX, and TUSD to Huobi, and the equivalent amount of HUSD will show up on the user’s Huobi account.

https://coincodex.com/article/2516/huobi-introduces-husd-solution-to-simplify-stablecoin-trading/
Activity: 161
Merit: 0
April 27, 2018, 10:13:22 PM

the stable coin is everyone's dream. I see Altcoin has a fairly stable market. so having a stable coin is pretty good and satisfying. Ripple is an Altcoin that has a fairly stable development. So by having it quite profitable.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 6249
Decentralization Maximalist
April 27, 2018, 07:12:32 PM
I have created a List of Stablecoins. It includes only coins where the collateral or "backing reserves" are hold decentrally, so Tether et al. are not included.

I have identified two different "stablecoin mechanisms":
- decentralized issuing of stablecoins based on collaterals (BitShares, Dai, Havven ...)
- "floating supply" systems where supply is adjusted to demand - when price is low, tokens are taken out of circulation, and when price is high, new tokens are created (NuBits, Seigniorage Shares, Basis ...)

While I continue to believe that the BitShares protocol (and similar protocols like Havven and Dai/MakerDAO)  is much more solid than simple Nubits-based approaches (NuBits recently again fell under 60 cents  Roll Eyes ... ) the Basis (formerly Basecoin) protocol got my attention. It is, however, still in development and I have also not found information about its licensing terms, so it may be closed source or even patented.

Basis works a bit similar to NuBits but has a crucial difference: In low demand periods, supply is reduced by the system. But you can, in this case, buy "bonds" which are worth 1 Basis coin but have a lower price, and the Basis coins you used to buy them will be burnt. They will be returned 1:1 when the price is high. But if the price stays low, bonds eventually expire and get burnt totally. So the system can "contract" really - while in the case of NuBits and Seigniorage Shares it will continuosly expand.
Pages:
Jump to: