Pages:
Author

Topic: Your Portfolio before and after the pandemic - page 7. (Read 2386 times)

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147
The pandemic has brought so many of us uncertainties and panic because so many companies are closing and workers are losing their job it causes a big instability in our financial status.

What is the status of your portfolio before and after the pandemic is it good or is it bad have loss a lot or have you gain more coins during this pandemic?
Before the pandemic came I always believe that bitcoin can touch its all time high and I choose it for long term investment. But I was wrong, at march almost all crypto price were decreasing a lot.

I sold my bitcoin and at that time I change my strategy, I only choose for short term investment or I choose trading with using the levarage to increase the profit that I get and yeah it works to me.

I'm not tempted to choose long term investment anymore after this pandemic is gone. I see some impact that give by this virus to all country and it is really horrible. I can't imagine before this virus can make almost all country palsied.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 525
🇵🇭
I think Pandemic did not affect the Crypto market so much as it has affected the other fiat markets. The Crypto market is now in a very strong position and the investors are investing with great trust and passion in the market after the pandemic.
My stock investment were greatly affected that I don't mind looking for it for how many months now since I also plan for those companies I invested in for long term so during this Pandemic I just do ways to earn like online business and some trading of DeFi projects due to it's hype. Crypto easily recovered after quarantine news all over the world but other market were still struggling and will need more time to recover.
Activity: 2492
Merit: 586
My portfolio has experienced a gradual reduction as I had to sell some cryptocurrency to keep my body and soul together. This year hasn't been very good for my offline business and my portfolio has been very helpful in cushioning the effect of the reduction in income. I'm glad that I had something to live off despite the fact that the economy hasn't been very friendly this year.
That's true and a lot of offline business gained financial stability through online assets like bitcoins and some had to sell their gold. But, the problem with selling gold is that you don't get the best value of your gold and various kinds of fees are deducted when you sell it.

I was one of the many who had to sell a lot of saved items like my old bike and mobiles to get some extra money as I did not lost my job entirely but my salary was reduced to a significant number and I was getting paid just enough to continue living but I had to often sell few things to get extra cash. I never hold too many coins so I don't know how I would have reacted if I had a lot of bitcoins, maybe I would have sell some and buy them at a later stage when things are more normal like now. As for altcoins, I would have sold any and all of them if I was holding.
Activity: 2828
Merit: 611
What is the status of your portfolio before and after the pandemic is it good or is it bad have loss a lot or have you gain more coins during this pandemic?
I haven't touched my bitcoins despite going through some tough times and I have sold a lot of altcoins which I held in hope for a big price but I had to sell them because they were being frozen to a particular price and the value was only decreasing or stable for some.

I actually bought some bitcoins and saved them because I know the price is going to be sky rocketing next year once the pandemic is over and the market gets back to normal. Although I have lost overall value in the portfolio but that is mainly because I sold my alts and I don't regret them one bit because now I don't have to check their prices daily and I'm only concerned with bitcoins value now.
Activity: 812
Merit: 512
I wanna tell you a secret, your income doesn't really depend on the outside situation, it comes from inside inspiration, even in this situation that some people are nagging and complaining, some people are making good money, I remember Jegg Bezos, the head of Amazon made 13 B $ in just one day a few weeks ago as I read in a newspaper, that was because of the movement of Amazon stock in one day, He is rich in his mind so even after his divorce that he lost a lot of money to his ex-wife, he could make it up in just a few months, I guess he leaves us no reasons to make excuses and naggings, we can make money in each situation.
Activity: 1946
Merit: 322
I think Pandemic did not affect the Crypto market so much as it has affected the other fiat markets. The Crypto market is now in a very strong position and the investors are investing with great trust and passion in the market after the pandemic.
So, did you hold your coins or not? I agree that fiat market was horribly influenced during these times but speaking honestly even the assets market and crypto market took a big toll. I don't know about others but I had to sell some bitcoins during the April month when I lost my job and I had nothing to do but the expenses did not lower down. I liquidated a part of my coins but that gave me financial strength during those times and now I have saved even more than before so I don't mind selling some earlier and although at a bad price but that was important to survive.

Some of the people I know panicked and sold all their coins when the big crater in price was caused in March but I always had a feeling like the price will go up and I ended up selling some but in April and at a better price than March.
Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

That is true though.

But the thing is that the cryptocurrency market is not that affected by the price, there is some coincidence that it fell during the pandemic but let's not forget that the price also pumped. The thing is that the affected here are the investors themselves, the price might be good but there are times that we can't actually hold but just sell them since we needed cash.
Activity: 2240
Merit: 175
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
The pandemic has brought so many of us uncertainties and panic because so many companies are closing and workers are losing their job it causes a big instability in our financial status.

I lost some because when news of the pandemic came out there are a lot o questioned and uncertainty, I decided to convert some portions of my coins to fiat because it's also crashing and I have to cut my losses but when things stabilize the pandemic situation and the market I recovered some of the coins that I sold but it's now 20% lower than I used to have when pandemic broke out.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 537

When that pandemic first started the crypto market dumped a little bit and at that time I was worried that the crypto market will crash like stock and other markets. But the DeFi hype saves the crypto market by bringing new concepts and projects. Market cap increased and now the BTC price is almost double from it was when COVID-19 started. I miss many opportunities to increase my portfolio but still manage to make some gains.
Activity: 532
Merit: 100
During this pandemic the company where I worked from January to the present time has increased the number of projects. This has resulted in several companies closing down. But behind that all the time for discussion on the forum there is less or nothing at all. And activity in cryptocurrency is reduced. So that the income from cryptocurrency decreases.
Activity: 68
Merit: 2
I sold my LINK into ETH and consolidated some other alts I had
Activity: 854
Merit: 257
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
Since the beginning of the pandemic and its current active phase (more than half a year has passed), I watched the tokens and coins that reacted negatively to the pandemic's situation. The decision was not made immediately, but I think it was right: part of the cryptocurrency portfolio was sold at a profit by me. The smaller part remains history. The heavyweights crypto have shown their best side, fluctuations in the market before and during the panademia are common. By doing this, they only strengthened their confidence in their presence and the correctness of the analysis.
Activity: 1890
Merit: 101
1xBit 🏆 │ NotYourKeys.org

During this pandemic, I have sold some of my crypto assets for internet needs and other expenses.

This pandemic forces me to do that, I intend when this pandemic subsides it will return to investing.
Activity: 1596
Merit: 264

Just meh.  I don't think it's dying nor it's increase although we're at the bulls right now.
Although lot of companies are closing as you mentioned, coins like Bitcoin, which I hold, doesn't belong truly to any sort of organization so there's not much worry in my part anyway.
copper member
Activity: 389
Merit: 1
My portfolio has experienced a gradual reduction as I had to sell some cryptocurrency to keep my body and soul together. This year hasn't been very good for my offline business and my portfolio has been very helpful in cushioning the effect of the reduction in income. I'm glad that I had something to live off despite the fact that the economy hasn't been very friendly this year.
Activity: 1451
Merit: 258

Yes, looking at it all, I am increasingly convinced that the end of this year will be the most beautiful after the resurgence of crypto in 2017. Now that bitcoin has started to strengthen again, maybe this is a good signal.
Activity: 2002
Merit: 269
There's not much changed I sold some when I think I am in profit and bought back when the value go down, I'm ok with my portfolio because I don;t need to convert my coins to fiat because I have a small savings and I have a job in a factory so I'm ok and waiting for the bull run to happen.

The pandemic is unpredictable, so it's important that you have a savings because life is full of uncertainties.
Activity: 1750
Merit: 118
After the bigcrash in March, much of my portfolio is still USDT, and I only trade a small portion of it with BTC. Perhaps that is why I have missed the DeFi wave recently.

crash happen first or you saw it commin and you already converted your assets to usdt ? because it would be sad to think if you convert at a loss and why you miss the defi hype ?

arent you online for a long time after your coins conversion ? but you said your still trading smaller amount . why not skip btc for a while and take the risk of investing in defi but you wont know what will happen after you do that , you could have regret not because of not earning so much but because the coins did not end what they have today   .
Activity: 518
Merit: 23
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
To be honest its slowly disappearing , I need to use my stored coins so I can' continue living with this pandemic ,i already sold many coins I have to make up becuase of our lack of cash to survive. I am thinking to open a small business but I guess it not yet the right time for me, because there are not too many people coming out yet.

That is a story of determination and you are to be admired for it. Its not our fault that the pandemic has greatly affected most of our personal jobs that resides in the physical world. It would also be better if the government has some plan to bring back their economy.

Your cryptocurrency portfolio must have been a great one to look at since you are using it to fend of for yourself. It would still be better if you look for other Cryptocurrencies that might give a great investment opportunity. Keep safe!
Activity: 840
Merit: 102
During this pandemic I did not sell my coins to be cashed into fiat. But that doesn’t mean I’m also a lot of money, it’s because my coins aren’t worth the market. If the sale is too small, the value.
Frankly crypto does a lot of help in terms of finance besides my real work. In the actual world, most are indeed affected by pandemics including me. The pay cut also hit all co-workers, including me.
Pages:
Jump to: