Pages:
Author

Topic: Your purpose in life. - page 4. (Read 755 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 11
October 25, 2020, 07:27:40 AM
I think that if we have no destination in this universe then we also have no destination as an active part of this universe that is very insignificant and integral to nature. We are nothing different rather it is just a very temporary special situation in the ongoing events here. The human heart is the main tool to find the purpose and goal of life. The purpose of life must be honest we have to think positively about the desires of our minds no matter what we do To be fixed. Careers are not the right solution for everything.
legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 1159
October 25, 2020, 06:50:04 AM

No one can succeed in life, without finding his or her career or passion, no matter how hard working the individual is. That's why all parents should assist there kids in making the right choice, not making it for them. To ensure a happy future.

Sometimes i think that we do not think beyond our career, our business and the most important thing money. The purpose of our life revolves around money. We spend our whole life to become wealthy and fulfil our needs. That's perfectly fine but there are few who think beyond this. There are very few whom purpose of life is to make the mankind happy, to help the mankind , to help those who are ill, who are in hospitals , who need money to survive.
Its easy to think about ourselves but those who think about others are the ones who will be remembered always.
Activity: 2282
Merit: 560
_""""Duelbits""""_
October 25, 2020, 06:35:46 AM
In the purpose of life, of course you want your own pleasure and satisfaction, therefore you don't want to worry when night falls as well as in life, we all want the same thing, but still in life there are definitely difficulties in family problems, friends in finances too.
I just want to be fulfilled needs and my family is quite at ease in many problems but I still work hard to achieve my life goals for the better by knowing crypto I am sure it will change my economy financially

And I want that sense of peace to remain and not be lost in the night.
Activity: 1904
Merit: 138
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
October 25, 2020, 05:42:35 AM
My purpose in life is to live peacefully with satisfaction and security in a place where I don't have any enemy. I just wanted to sleep peacefully without worrying who's gonna knock on my door the next morning. I mean, to live a worry-free life is amazing and it will be most people wanted because no one wants to have a problem. Unfortunately, we cannot have all of that without going through the hard times and create our own rainbow after the storms.

Later in our lives, we truly aspire for peace and contentment in life. To get rich is not our mission anymore. We prefer to have a simple living, maybe tending your own garden, be self-sufficient and not relying with somebody. And if possible on my part, help my family and relatives to ease their burden even getting their own food for the table and education of their kids. Education for me is the key to achieve their dreams and realize what's most important in life.
Activity: 2142
Merit: 584
You own the pen
October 25, 2020, 04:29:39 AM
My purpose in life is to live peacefully with satisfaction and security in a place where I don't have any enemy. I just wanted to sleep peacefully without worrying who's gonna knock on my door the next morning. I mean, to live a worry-free life is amazing and it will be most people wanted because no one wants to have a problem. Unfortunately, we cannot have all of that without going through the hard times and create our own rainbow after the storms.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277
October 25, 2020, 03:42:32 AM
many are pushed into careers that they have little or no interest for

There's an inevitable discrepancy between the stuff that people enjoy doing, and the stuff that needs doing. This is why it is difficult for many people to find jobs that match their perfect desires. Fortunately a career is not the only source of meaning in life, and for many people is not even the major source of meaning. We are defined through our actions, and our interactions with others... this is not limited to work.

Ultimately from a genetic perspective the purpose of life is the continuation of life... which suggests another source of purpose: family and children.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 294
October 25, 2020, 02:04:18 AM

No one can succeed in life, without finding his or her career or passion, no matter how hard working the individual is. That's why all parents should assist there kids in making the right choice, not making it for them. To ensure a happy future.
The latter part of what you said, that's right. If someone is to find his/her purpose or success in life, he/she must find it or make it himself/herself and not to be made by his parents or other people around him/her. And purpose in life doesn't necessarily mean career. It could also be passion. And what's more fortunate is that if your passion is your career. But whatever it is, what's important is that you're happy doing it. Not just because somebody told you to do so.
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368
October 24, 2020, 02:33:33 PM
^^^ That's easy. Join ISIS.      Grin
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1176
October 24, 2020, 10:26:23 AM
It's a very tricky question really, as others have said - your life will consist of many phases. Your purpose might be apparent when you are very young and manage to fall into the right path. I'd like to buy a large plot of land and maintain it as a forest for future generations, however it will cost quite a bit of money to be able to afford that sort of project. In the meantime you have to live, survive and even spend money on the occasional luxury to get through life. Who knows what will happen in the future, so you have to be quite flexible with the possibilities out there and be sure to grab every opportunity that goes past.
Activity: 868
Merit: 15
October 24, 2020, 12:32:43 AM
The real purpose of life i feel is to make a way of survival in life making life meaningful rewarding why even have been established as a soul during this world within the universe the aim of life is to enjoy enjoy and waste life there's no real purpose to life. You and that were born not by our will not by the selection of our parents but by the laws of random nature so you i don't plow ahead with any mission or purpose in life feel trying to seek out the important purpose are often how to make a purpose rather than being useless.
Activity: 84
Merit: 22
October 23, 2020, 10:25:35 PM
Maybe the mistake we make is trying to find purpose where there is none.
Whenever I think about the future or have a goal or purpose and devise plans to attain these things I feel less happy.

Planning long term and putting pressure on yourself is a big mistake.
Also I find when I'm not trying to attain something vigorously then it seems to happen a lot easier.

Base pleasures like girls and food and even drugs are great in moderation. I like scotch.

Maybe the only purpose is to enjoy ourselves whilst not harming or taking directly from others and helping as far as we reasonably can.
Let's not over estimate our importance or the impact we can have on the flow of things.

Some super intelligent and super gifted people are outside of this but that is the 0.0001% so since I'm not included in that perhaps and I don't have to worry about purpose.

It's like writing a book. I write books for fun and my best exciting and fun stories are the ones that just happen , I make them up as I go along. They don't start with a purpose or framework or goal or even genre. I just enjoy them as I go along and things just happen. bit like real life.

Agent Smith was wrong.

I do think one should have certain responsibilities like helping those that have helped you or those you think deserve help that you can give. If you lay on your death bed having satisfied only those that's cool.

I like to believe this is a simulation because perhaps if their is a path or purpose then you get it more on the later levels Smiley
Maybe we are part of some experiment. I cant even consider purpose until I know what this is all about. I mean how can I have some purpose if I don't even know what this is all part of. Putting all that effort and then it was counter productive to the larger goal or direction we're all meant to be headed.

Then again tomorrow I could have an amazing idea and have a micro purpose that I will pursue for a while but it would never be classed by me as my purpose in life. Just some long term goal by my standards.

Keep in mind I post from my phone from wherever I am and it is Friday early evening:)

I think if I were to have kids in later life it would be understandable to adopt a view similar to the prior post.
I've heard kids can really alter your perspective and you are not worried as much about trying to maintain a view of a larger picture and are drawn to focus more on your smaller world. This is probably hardwired in.

For the sake of being happy perhaps zooming in is better than trying to zoom out. Maybe being happy and content is the purpose.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 158
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
October 23, 2020, 02:24:40 PM

It is us who defines what is success in life really talks about. It can vary from career, love, relation to different persons, and such. So if I would be a parent, in the future, redefining these things for them to know what success really is, is what I envision my purpose for them. Leading them to a track where they and only they can define what really matters to them. Financial assistance will be satisfied by mine, as I can give them all my treasure, and prosperity from my entire journey in this what we called life. Giving life lessons and such, to provide wisdom, and guide them as they follow what they want.

So as a parent, I would love to see them satisfied, and success at the same time. I want them to fulfill their own journey, struggle from the path they chose, and earn the benefits of having risk, gives and takes, and failure. As this happening is part of being successful in my definition.
Activity: 658
Merit: 126
October 23, 2020, 12:31:57 PM
Careful analysis of the transitional stages in the life a human (i.e Childhood, Adolescence, Early Adulthood & Adulthood), One would come to see that at the primal stages of life, Our individual purpose was very clear to us and we were drawn each to it in the form of activities each distinct to every child. For example, a child choosing to play with color pencils (paint) because of the excitement that it gives to him/her when other children his age are doing the norm or  the example of a child that always sings and mimic the music stars he or she has seen on television e.t.c But as we transited from one stage in life to another and became more conscious and aware of life’s realities, this clarity becomes dampened from Societal happenings, pressure from peers and parents on what is proper and glaringly lucrative & our educational system. As a result of this many distractions and influence, many are pushed into careers that they have little or no interest for and this leads to massive failure in such career options because of the lack of love, commitment & dedication to it. At late adolescence & early Adulthood (ages 17- 25) One is usually thrown into constant depression and confusion on ones Purpose in life. How does one get back in touch with those childhood inclinations? As a prospective parent or a parent, will you guide your children to a career option best suited to the inclinations they exhibit at a primal stage even though the inclination seems unprofitable??

Finding one's purpose is a phase in life and almost everybody experienced it in their life. Actually, I'm currently in that phase but I'm just lucky to have my purpose and career path already. It maybe easy for others to know what they want in life but some of them can't follow it because they are not in the position to do so, maybe they need to be financially stable, or maybe their parents wanted to carve a path for them. So when I become a parent, I want my kids to follow their own path, I would not create it for them, but I would help them evaluate what do they wanted to do. I would not dictate  and will just be supportive on what do they really want in life.
Activity: 223
Merit: 1
October 23, 2020, 11:24:37 AM

legendary
Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458
October 23, 2020, 08:46:00 AM
a successful and happy life is about finding the career that meets your interest. where your interest has evolved from childhood. this helps you to want to be more involved. to actually grow within that career and expand the business and make the business a better success aswell as bring more success to you.

the problem is not everyone gets the oppertunity to live their inspirations. many towns are limited to certain industries so those town colleges lean towards those industries so a empassioned singer with very few oppertunities to sing, end up going to college to learn engineering or business and spend most of their working life in engineering/business.. where singing is just a hobby/weekend thing

yep its true. toilet cleaners in mcdonalds dont dream of having that job when they are kids

the % of people that actually get to live their inspirations and interest is not even 20%

however with he internet. certain things can turn their weekend hobby into a income stream that can allow them to spend more time in their interest and less time in the 'norm'

artists can use things like 'fiver' to sell their art or get commissions for $20-$1000.
singers can use youtube to promote their voice. more artists these days just need to spam links to their videos which is more easy than trying to audition the old way.

but even with fiver/youtube being around for over a decade now. the amount of people where their day job is their interest/inspiration is still not above 20%
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1071
October 23, 2020, 08:13:15 AM
Careful analysis of the transitional stages in the life a human (i.e Childhood, Adolescence, Early Adulthood & Adulthood), One would come to see that at the primal stages of life, Our individual purpose was very clear to us and we were drawn each to it in the form of activities each distinct to every child. For example, a child choosing to play with color pencils (paint) because of the excitement that it gives to him/her when other children his age are doing the norm or  the example of a child that always sings and mimic the music stars he or she has seen on television e.t.c But as we transited from one stage in life to another and became more conscious and aware of life’s realities, this clarity becomes dampened from Societal happenings, pressure from peers and parents on what is proper and glaringly lucrative & our educational system. As a result of this many distractions and influence, many are pushed into careers that they have little or no interest for and this leads to massive failure in such career options because of the lack of love, commitment & dedication to it. At late adolescence & early Adulthood (ages 17- 25) One is usually thrown into constant depression and confusion on ones Purpose in life. How does one get back in touch with those childhood inclinations? As a prospective parent or a parent, will you guide your children to a career option best suited to the inclinations they exhibit at a primal stage even though the inclination seems unprofitable??
Pages:
Jump to: