Pages:
Author

Topic: Z9 list of working pools/Fork updates - page 30. (Read 36856 times)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
June 27, 2018, 05:07:59 PM
I have not had time to test this properly, so im not sure it works. My temps where to high to go passed 750 Mhz.

But;
SSH to the miner -> cd /www/pages/cgi-bin -> vi minerAdvanced.cgi and add more field below 750 options. Like 775 and 800. Save file go to web panel and advanced config -> select 775 Mhz and hit save. Let me know if it works out.

What is the default login via SSH? root/root does not work, this works only for web administration...
Activity: 65
June 27, 2018, 04:50:40 PM

Also, suprnova works for zen from my experience (1.3 zen for day).

this shock me ...
I missread it as zec...turn out its zen... Grin Grin
took me about 5 minutes or so... Shocked Shocked

I would love a second confirm on Suprnova ZEN. No Suprnova pools worked for me when I was testing but I honestly don't remember if I tested ZEN, so it may totally work (and I'm not doubting the poster, just very curious). I'm currently mining on a very small pool (coinblockers BTG) and I want to keep supporting so I probably won't be testing for at least a day or two unless something important comes up, so maybe someone else can test the current requests and confirm/try the current failed ones...

How was coinblockers for BTG? and what were your settings for the Z9?
Activity: 95
Merit: 4
June 27, 2018, 04:02:13 PM
Just ran 24 hours on Antpool PPLNS with one z9 mini oc to 750MHz.  I have mined 0.14004336 ZEC which is about $22.64 USD
16.42 avg Ksol.  9401 accepted and 50699 discarded.

I just received my 2nd z9 mini today and it is running on Flypool oc to 750Mhz.  I plan to compare them tomorrow.

Activity: 37
June 27, 2018, 03:31:24 PM
ZEC on Antpool with Z9 miner showing a LOT of discarded shares.   Multiple reboots of miner and changing to different ports for Antpool same results.   Currently running 20 minutes and have 125 accepted shares with 543 discarded shares (0 rejected) according to the internal antminer status screen.   Is this normal, what are others seeing?

Activity: 26
June 27, 2018, 03:01:24 PM
Had my Z9 mini 2 days ago and have been on PH that seems to work.

I just noticed Mining Dutch has added Equihash switch pool so I've just changed over to give it a go.

This is newly added currently with 6 coins on the pool so will need to wait for hashrate to build up the.

stratum+tcp://equihash.mining-dutch.nl:6663

Just need to register an account on their site.

https://www.mining-dutch.nl/

I've been on Mining Dutch with my Baikal X10 since last year and their switching is very good as well as the option to choose the coin you want to payout in. Well they even provide an algo switching software for the X10 to maximise your earnings.

Activity: 311
Merit: 69
PowerMining.pw
June 27, 2018, 03:00:32 PM
I have not had time to test this properly, so im not sure it works. My temps where to high to go passed 750 Mhz.

But;
SSH to the miner -> cd /www/pages/cgi-bin -> vi minerAdvanced.cgi and add more field below 750 options. Like 775 and 800. Save file go to web panel and advanced config -> select 775 Mhz and hit save. Let me know if it works out.
Activity: 141
June 27, 2018, 02:52:00 PM
Hi,

I just received my Z9 today...

So far I connected to Antpool, mining Zcash@750Mhz, running stable.

I have several questions on you experienced guys:

1) Where to mine BTG before it will fork?
Isnt currently the best idea to mine something that will fork soon? As most of people will be jumping to mine Zcash, I assume that difficulty will be growing fast there ...

2) I have some strange numbers in Antpool, it shows 32.33 KSol/s [10min window], 13,3 [1h window], but in the machine status is 15-17 what I would expected. Anyone having similar problem?

3) What payment method do you prefer? PPS / PPLNS?

4) Has anyone tried to break 800Mhz using awesomeminer?

Awesome miner did a trick to gain OC to 800 Mhz, still testing on 1 device.... only 5 minutes uptime at this moment.

Update speed is not getting more than 5K... looks like 800 Mhz just shown in console ... maybe something missed.
Activity: 5
June 27, 2018, 02:19:27 PM
Hi,

I just received my Z9 today...

So far I connected to Antpool, mining Zcash@750Mhz, running stable.

I have several questions on you experienced guys:

1) Where to mine BTG before it will fork?
Isnt currently the best idea to mine something that will fork soon? As most of people will be jumping to mine Zcash, I assume that difficulty will be growing fast there ...

2) I have some strange numbers in Antpool, it shows 32.33 KSol/s [10min window], 13,3 [1h window], but in the machine status is 15-17 what I would expected. Anyone having similar problem?

3) What payment method do you prefer? PPS / PPLNS?

4) Has anyone tried to break 800Mhz using awesomeminer?
Activity: 15
June 27, 2018, 02:14:07 PM
I tried the equihash Z9 algo on Miningpoolhub for about 18 hours on my Z9 mini and the returns were dismal at like .001 btc in that timeframe, while mining straight btg for 18 hrs netted me .6 BTG.

Anyone have good experiences on MPH equihash switching?

Currently mining flypool at 14k sols, but may switch back to zencash/btg.

us-east.equihash-hub.miningpoolhub.com:17023 works very well for ZEC, ZCL an ZEN.  BTG does not appear to be active on the switching port.
Activity: 178
Merit: 2
June 27, 2018, 02:11:01 PM
What is the point of using different pools when there is %0 pool fee antpool.? I mean why not Antpool? Anyone using it?
(Genuine question)
Also after OC (I am on 725)(70C)(seems fine, the same temp as 700 or 750, the difference is 1 to 3 degrees C)
I failed to make a SoundProof Box to it, it has 1 fan so suction is not strong enough to pass it all the way i think, it gets too hot,(85C) Anyone made one, can I see a picture maybe.
Thanks

I have mine at only 575 and they run about 60, I am adding a second 120mm (200 CFM) fan to the back of each one tonight and am upping to 750 (hopefully), and I can let you know if that makes a difference in terms of airflow and temperature.

I stepped my Z9 up to 750Hz 5% at a time.  0 HW errors and operating temps between 40-61C. I locked the fan at 85%, seems to be sufficient to keep it cool. Ambient room temp is about 70-75F. Been operating like that for 5 days now.

believe it.  I have mine running at probably only 50% and i get those temps.
June 27, 2018, 01:59:01 PM
What is the point of using different pools when there is %0 pool fee antpool.? I mean why not Antpool? Anyone using it?
(Genuine question)
Also after OC (I am on 725)(70C)(seems fine, the same temp as 700 or 750, the difference is 1 to 3 degrees C)
I failed to make a SoundProof Box to it, it has 1 fan so suction is not strong enough to pass it all the way i think, it gets too hot,(85C) Anyone made one, can I see a picture maybe.
Thanks

I have mine at only 575 and they run about 60, I am adding a second 120mm (200 CFM) fan to the back of each one tonight and am upping to 750 (hopefully), and I can let you know if that makes a difference in terms of airflow and temperature.

I stepped my Z9 up to 750Hz 5% at a time.  0 HW errors and operating temps between 40-61C. I locked the fan at 85%, seems to be sufficient to keep it cool. Ambient room temp is about 70-75F. Been operating like that for 5 days now.
Activity: 56
Merit: 1
June 27, 2018, 01:56:12 PM
I tried the equihash Z9 algo on Miningpoolhub for about 18 hours on my Z9 mini and the returns were dismal at like .001 btc in that timeframe, while mining straight btg for 18 hrs netted me .6 BTG.

Anyone have good experiences on MPH equihash switching?

Currently mining flypool at 14k sols, but may switch back to zencash/btg.
Activity: 178
Merit: 2
June 27, 2018, 01:52:23 PM
(Genuine question)
Thanks

June 27, 2018, 01:50:35 PM
asia.equihash-hub.miningpoolhub.com:17023

MPH's Equihash switching port is working as well. It won't mine BTG though.

I was able to use MPH (us-east.equihash-hub.miningpoolhub.com:17023) Equihash switching port and can confirm mining for ZCL, ZEN, ZEC using the switching port.  I was able to mine BTG by adjusting the hub workers job from Ethhash to BTG.  It does not look like BTG is enabled as part of the switching port maybe because the web page indicates the exchanges for BTG are off line.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit
June 27, 2018, 12:26:33 PM
These are the pools that I have working with my Z9mini's.

Zencash Supernova  -  https://www.suprnova.cc
URL:  stratum+tcp://zen.suprnova.cc:3620
Worker: Account.WorkerName
Password: 123

Zhash Pro Mining  -  https://zen.zhash.pro/
URL: stratum+tcp://us1.zhash.pro:3059
Worker:  WalletAddress.WorkerName

Prohashing  -  https://prohashing.com
URL: stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3336

Are there any other working pools out there?
Yes, they are listed on the first post.

These are the ONLY 3 I have been able to get to work with the Z9mini.

Suprnova's ZEC Pool also works fine, just use the ccminer port 4142

Thanks, That is some good information!
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
June 27, 2018, 12:20:17 PM

Suprnova's ZEC Pool also works fine, just use the ccminer port 4142
copper member
Activity: 64
www.bitpoolmining.com
June 27, 2018, 12:19:32 PM
NOTE--now including more info on forks as I get it/you post it. Any coin not posted here check in the reddit thread at the bottom, I am only adding info on DEFINITE fork dates. Assume most coins will fork eventually, other than Komodo.

NOTE--added a field for untested so any Z9 owners who want to test can give a whirl. Pool runners or just general curious users can post pools they want to test in this thread and testers can respond, I will update as best I can...

(most recent update 6/22/18): Hi all! Some of you may have read already (or experienced) that the Z9 is pretty hit and miss (mostly miss) with non-bitmain pools. So for those of us who have received our Z9s, and those who will shortly, we're having a heck of a time finding non-antpool places to mine, so here is a current list of tested pools. This is started by culling from the Z9 thread (as of June 1st), but please add comments below of your experiences and I'll update this post as often as I can. Please try to keep it on topic, I'm not going to report anyone but there are plenty of threads to discuss the machine itself, ASICs and their effect on algos, GPUs vs ASICs, etc. Let's just keep this one to useful information as best as we can, cool? Cool.

PLEASE NOTE: these are based on first person accounts. YMMV, I have not personally verified all of these, I'm just compiling from posts in this thread (and people CAN lie, but I fail to see why they would bother on this one). I put a * next to any working pool I have personally verified in case anyone cares. Smiley

Working:
antpool (ZEC)*
Zhash.pro (ZEN)*
Coinblockers (BTG)*
Bitpool (HUSH)*
Bitcoin Interest Official pool (BCI)*
Flypool (ZEC)*
Suprnova (All equihash) (use ccminer port)* NOTE--"Earnings" tab is inaccurate, go by your totals under "My Account" manual payout bit
Zhash.pro (BTCP)
Zhash.pro (HUSH)
Zhash.pro (XSG)
Miningpoolhub (BTG)
Powermining (ZEN) (NOTE--confirmed by pool owner, independent confirmation pending)

Working (sort of):
Nicehash (tested and working but with about a 50% rejection rate, reports that reboots solve the problem for periods of time; more testing needed)

Not working currently:
Nanopool (ZEC) -- NOTE that a user has reported NP have ordered a Z9 and will be testing and fixing once it arrives
Slushpool (ZEC)
BTGPool (BTG)
Prohashing

Test requests:
Bitpool (KMD) link
Any ZCL pools
Slushpool (see page 5 and drop them a message, they want one pointed to their debug pool)

Fork info:
BTG--will fork 7/1ish, at block 536200
SafeCoin--already forked (6/19-20ish)

Also here's a Reddit thread with a list of info on which coins have and haven't confirmed if they are forking or not. This is allegedly being updated, but it may be out of date by the time you read it: https://www.reddit.com/r/zec/comments/8h14ms/equihash_antiasic_fork_every_equihash_coin_and/

EDIT: since I've been asked a couple times, here's a couple addys to donate if you want to, but there's seriously no need. This forum has saved me countless hours and helped me to do everything from build my first rig to help someone set up a pool, I'm just glad to be contributing in some tiny way, and the testing I've done has maybe taken a couple hours off my mining time at most, so there isn't pretty much any loss. Still, again, since I was asked, here's a ZEN and BTC addy:

ZEN: zndAMx7TsZpCMPw1RX4U5fPvoHJJqPsFrEp
BTC: 3GPinbTHQVvLrnHARZ9Pc4bYEHoZcLNSU8

Hi OP, will you please update our pool https://www.bitpoolmining.com for KMD.  We have been confirmed that our KMD and HUSH pools are compatible.  Thank you!

stratum+tcp://us-east.kmd.bitpoolmining.com
port: 3036
username: KMDaddress.WorkerName
pwd = x
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
June 27, 2018, 12:10:41 PM

Weird. Antpool works for me. MPH too. I think the OP is quite accurate. Not sure about prohashing, they list it as non-working but you're saying it works.
Activity: 269
Merit: 101
June 27, 2018, 12:06:18 PM

Flypool ZEC works fine.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit
June 27, 2018, 12:04:43 PM

Pages:
Jump to: