Pages:
Author

Topic: [ZEC] ZCASH - All coins are created equal. Discussion Thread (Unofficial) - page 10. (Read 161687 times)

Activity: 203
Merit: 3
Does ZCASH have better anonymity than Monero? Can I keep ZCASH on hardware wallets, like Trezor or Ledger?

ZCash has the functionalities of both, transparent and private addresses. The transparent addresses work publicly, while the private addresses work as good as Monero.

Yes I store ZEC on Ledger Nano S device.

The fact ZEC can be transparent or not, is a good signal for any future regulation.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505
Guys, tell me, please, ZecWallet - is this ZCASH official wallet, supported by ZCASH developers?
https://github.com/ZcashFoundation/zecwallet/releases
Is it as safe as BitcoinCore?

Yes, that repository belongs to the Github of ZCash foundation and ZCash foundation is made up of ZCash developers. It should be safe.
Thank !
And which addresses can I use, T or Z?
I used to read that using Z-addresses can cause problems.

Don't use Z addresses until and unless you really want to keep your balance private. Z-addresses are fairly difficult to handle.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 757
NO WAR ! Glory to Ukraine !
Guys, tell me, please, ZecWallet - is this ZCASH official wallet, supported by ZCASH developers?

Yes, that repository belongs to the Github of ZCash foundation and ZCash foundation is made up of ZCash developers. It should be safe.
Thank !
And which addresses can I use, T or Z?
I used to read that using Z-addresses can cause problems.
legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 757
NO WAR ! Glory to Ukraine !
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
Can you guys tell us when the halving will be ? i don.t find a countdown Sad
Activity: 294
Merit: 53
Does ZCASH have better anonymity than Monero? Can I keep ZCASH on hardware wallets, like Trezor or Ledger?

ZCash has the functionalities of both, transparent and private addresses. The transparent addresses work publicly, while the private addresses work as good as Monero.

Yes I store ZEC on Ledger Nano S device.
Activity: 43
Merit: 1
No Idea if and WHen Pos will be released? It could be a good enhancement for the community

There is not going to be any change in concensus of ZCASH. It'll remain proof-of-work. What are you talking about?

Zec devs are mentioning Pos as an option since years especially to reduce Asics miners. It could be fair to look into this and explore chances and benefits as well.

ZEC on PoS algorithm? I really don't think that it has ever been considered.

Any reference? AFAIK Zooko has been a critic of PoS for a long time.
No Idea if and WHen Pos will be released? It could be a good enhancement for the community

There is not going to be any change in concensus of ZCASH. It'll remain proof-of-work. What are you talking about?

Zec devs are mentioning Pos as an option since years especially to reduce Asics miners. It could be fair to look into this and explore chances and benefits as well.
Activity: 480
Merit: 68
ZEC was 0.015 BTC at near all time low few months ago, then fallen to 0.0135 where I did get in. Now is 0.009 BTC and there's absolutely not a single reason to be happy or talk about some "peaks". Personally, I'm waiting for 0.0135 if possible, to get out and never get in again.
Activity: 400
Merit: 13
Hello guys. Hashnest here!

Just this morning, ZEC peaked at 80.42 USD. And analysts predict a price upsurge of 180-200 USD by year end and around 300 USD by 2020 year end.

Do you all have faith in ZEC that it will double up its value by end of this year?
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 4085
Farewell o_e_l_e_o
New all-time-low today, mate! Smiley
I would like to see all year lows of ZEC over years, like I see all year lows of bitcoin. It is one of best way to see growth of one coin. Let's take bitcoin as an example on this issue: people tend to focus on prices of bitcoin from minutes to minutes, its spikes, its all time highs, pumps and dumps, but they forget to see all year lows of bitcoin. Look at this sort of figure, then we can easily see continuous growth of bitcoin over more than 10 years. It's amazing hidden fact. For ZEC, looking at its all year lows, then we soon will see its bottom from which ZEC will stop falling.
legendary
A good read if you're a fan of ZCash:

What Cryptocurrencies Bring to Privacy in Haven

https://medium.com/@gethavenapp/what-cryptocurrencies-bring-to-privacy-in-haven-cf3cae008b1c

Today, ZEC reached a brand new all-time low versus BTC. Tongue
So, how many new all time lows of ZEC left till it finds final bottom, from which ZEC will start its recovery phase?

New all-time-low today, mate! Smiley
legendary
Why the price to BTC falls so much?

It's a simple calculation:

I've absolutely zero ZEC and have actually never bought a single piece of it as I do know that it's extremely cheap to mine ZEC (or the whole standard Equihash algorithm in general) with current ASICs (especially with the newest version of Bitmain's Antminer Z11) and miners keep on dumping whatever they mine. ZEC will only be a good buy once it's extremely close to its halving or after it. Till that time, buying ZEC with your BTC is equivalent to throwing away your precious satoshis for nothing.

Today, ZEC reached a brand new all-time low versus BTC. Tongue
Activity: 1274
Merit: 105
Why the price to BTC falls so much?

legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 4085
Farewell o_e_l_e_o
Is it time to move discussions on ZCash to this topic? [ZEC] ZCASH: Discussion
I think that the Announcement topic of ZCash (ZEC) should be used for announcements made by ZEC team on updates, and the topic should be kept as clean as possible. Discussions usually result in abundantly trash posts, then it will become hard to follow progress of ZEC.
Maybe, since today, I will discuss about ZEC on this topic.
legendary
price falling everyday this shit maybe will be next bitconnect or next BCD from 0.0015 to 0.00015  Roll Eyes

Bitconnect was a Ponzi scheme, ZCash can't be compared with that. The only thing that's ruining ZEC value right now is extremely efficient series of ASICs, and I think that ultimately (in 1 to 3 years), after 1-2 halvings, ZEC will reach new heights, with each one valued over $1000.

Hodling ZEC requires some real patience, that's for sure! Roll Eyes
Pages:
Jump to: