Pages:
Author

Topic: [ZEC] ZCASH - All coins are created equal. Discussion Thread (Unofficial) - page 96. (Read 161796 times)

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1000
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
Genesis Mining estimate 1 to 10 H/S, with yearly contract. Is this a better deal- can they get 1- 10 H/S on ZCASH? are you better of mining yourself with a good CPU rig?

thank you
legendary
Activity: 1512
quarkchain.io
Any news on a GPU miner, hopefully before Oct. 28...

It could not be insta-mined , so there is no actually mater , if GPU - miner available on launch or not...
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
Any news on a GPU miner, hopefully before Oct. 28...
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
any price speculation once it hits exchanges?

The investors valued one token around $17, so I will expect the price be around that, but if there is no adoption I can see the price crash to around $10. Dark market adoption will be great for the price
Activity: 518
Merit: 500

If you caught our recent newsletter you saw that Zcash will soon be available for mining contracts! That moment has come and we wanted to update you as soon as we went live! Zcash launches on October 28th, but we are excited to offer Mining contracts starting today so you can be ready for the launch! We expect high demand and quantities will be limited so now is the best time to sign up!

We have prepared some materials to help you learn more about Zcash, including an Altcoin Report that you can read here, a video with additional info which you can watch here, and some important pricing information below or on our pricing page:

Starter Contract: 29 USD, 0.1 h/s

Advanced Contract: 280 USD, 1 h/s

Professional Contract: 2600 USD, 10 h/s

We are looking forward to helping all of you get started with Zcash!

Marco Streng
legendary
Activity: 1120
I think this could be awesome and should be.

But as usual re. mining, you know those insiders with power will get most coins and it will be manipulated like crazy which is toooo baaaad (as usual).
legendary
Activity: 1792
0.02 is my prediction

i would say 0.2 at first week Cheesy ... yeah call me crazy but you willl see
This is quite possible, especially when considering the futures market for ZEC on BitMEX.
legendary
Activity: 1050
0.02 is my prediction

i would say 0.2 at first week Cheesy ... yeah call me crazy but you willl see
legendary
Activity: 1559
Merit: 1001
Epic Private Internet Cash
0.02 is my prediction
legendary
Activity: 1484
1 zec=1 btc   Tongue
Activity: 191
Merit: 100
The Lady with the Lamp
Activity: 192
Merit: 10
mining only a test, I think it was real, awaiting Zcash really launched and started mining
Activity: 908
Merit: 503
Personally i'm still hoping the dev team is extremely cool and they'll just change the algo 12h before launch to something completely different, rendering all the private gpu miners completely useless Smiley

Interesting idea but in my opinion the best thing would be if they just simply buy the fast miner and release it open source within the client. That way mining will be fair for a relatively long time, I doubt they could do a 5-10x improvement over the fast miner anytime soon.
legendary
Activity: 1512
quarkchain.io
Personally i'm still hoping the dev team is extremely cool and they'll just change the algo 12h before launch to something completely different, rendering all the private gpu miners completely useless Smiley

It wont be the first time. I believe you have much experience with similar situations Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
I just hope the gpu miner will be made public opensource, otherwise there will be a massive pre-mine that could last for weeks. 20% over 4 years will be in the original investors hand already, centralizing it even more will destroy the reputation of the coin.

I can think of a few coins destroyed by a closed source gpu miner used at launch. Only one person with the gpu miner could mine the coin, and although each dev denied it was him nobody believed it. Who else could get the gpu miner coded instantly after the first block?

It doesn't need to be the dev, if the source of the coin is open, you can start building your miner from the alpha stage and tweak it on the testnet. I read about one miner already made that is much faster (more than 30x, might be 50x, I don't remember exact solution rate, you can find the thread on the  Zcash forum) than the devs miner but they won't make it public for the 30k$ that the devs offered, they want more, if they will sell it for bidders, it will stay as a closed private miner, practically making the wallet miner useless.
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
I just hope the gpu miner will be made public opensource, otherwise there will be a massive pre-mine that could last for weeks. 20% over 4 years will be in the original investors hand already, centralizing it even more will destroy the reputation of the coin.

I can think of a few coins destroyed by a closed source gpu miner used at launch. Only one person with the gpu miner could mine the coin, and although each dev denied it was him nobody believed it. Who else could get the gpu miner coded instantly after the first block?
Activity: 546
Merit: 250
Active Trading on EPIC5k and Spectre.Ai
I for one will def be watching and investing in this coin. If Genesis Mining is endorsing the project then I firmly believe it will go places.

I am NOT endorsing genesis mining since their contracts only make 1 person money -- THEM.

But if they truly are going to back it and mine it, might create some demand and get the price moving.

Same thing happened with Eth.... just saying   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Pages:
Jump to: