Author

Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS] - page 116. (Read 1009280 times)

Activity: 2147
Merit: 518
And if we wanted to be REALLY extreme, we could even do a 100-for-1 reverse split. Bring our effective price to around 50-100 satoshi (which is far more preferable for trading purposes).

Whatever the swap ratio is, the final amount of tokens in circulation will be proportional to the cumulative marketcap, given theres a support to balance out the reduced supply. Learn the math.
Activity: 319
Merit: 250
And if we wanted to be REALLY extreme, we could even do a 100-for-1 reverse split. Bring our effective price to around 50-100 satoshi (which is far more preferable for trading purposes).

Combined with low inflation, I think this will be value added for our community, considering that...again....we would be able to transition from the litecoin market to the bitcoin market without affecting our actual overall market cap (which is meaningless anyways).
That being said, I have another suggestion (although I may be late to the game).

What if part of our problem is that our overall supply is just too large?

Whenever nations have far too large a money supply to justify such a large amount, what they end up doing is issue new money, only with fewer zeros. And the net result always ends up being positive in the long run when combined with other tactics. Publicly traded companies do a similar thing in order to avoid de-listing from the DOW Jones or NASDAQ.

What if we did the same thing? What if we did the equivalent of a 10-for-1 reverse stock split and reduced the total supply of zeitcoin?

Now, obviously, the downside of all of this is that everyone would end up LOSING up to 9 Zeitoshi because...well....rounding. But considering how much a zeitoshi is actually WORTH...not such a HUGE downside. Additionally, the transaction fee would also have to be lowered by the same amount in order to avoid increasing the fee by 10 fold in real terms (and...for that matter....membership in Zeit Knights would be lowered to 10 Million). Lastly, this needs to be announced WAY ahead of schedule so traders have time to prepare, and coordination with existing exchanges NEEDS to happen.

Now, in real money terms, this would NOT raise your net worth. Your % share of the overall supply would still be the same. But what WOULD be achieved (in theory) is a price increase, and by extension an increased perceived value of our coin.

Combined with the ultra low inflation (not sure why it has to be THAT low..... 0.1% should be plenty low), this should fix our price problems.

Again, if NOTHING else, even if our price DOESN'T change, we could transition from a "litecoin" denominated coin into a bitcoin denominated coin, and credibly open ourselves up to a MUCH larger traders market FAR sooner than waiting for the same thing to happen years down the road.
Would you do this by sending yourself some money and paying the fee? How do you do this?
Tips on using Coin Control
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10296134

Step1:
Enabled Coin Control
In the wallet client, go to settings and then select options. Click on the tab that says Display. Check the box that says Display coin control features (experts only!). Press OK.

Step2: 
Click Send Coins , then under Coin Control Features , click inputs ,
click the arrow on the left side , this expands everything so you can see all of the blocks in an address,
Then click on the confirmations tab, this will sort the blocks by # of confirmations.
Place a check mark in the box to the left , this selects those blocks to be combined.

(If you look at top it shows the combined amount of the blocks you checked and the fee to send it , and the amount after fee.)
Only select the blocks with the lowest confirmations, as they have recently minted, and you will not lose much staking time by choosing them.
Click OK

If you are sending the coins out to an exchange, just put in the exchange zeit address and
, copy the amount in after fee, into the amount of zeit you want to send, click send.

or 

If you are combining your blocks, then click Receive Coins tab, right click on your Zeit Receive Address and Copy Address, click on Send Coins, paste your zeit receive address into Pay to:
copy the amount in after fee, into the amount of zeit you want to send,
Click Send.

Post if you have any questions.  Smiley

Cool

Ya. Why do u get nuts about colorful fonts? Are u sissy?
Would you do this by sending yourself some money and paying the fee? How do you do this?

Step1:
Enabled Coin Control
In the wallet client, go to settings and then select options. Click on the tab that says Display. Check the box that says Display coin control features (experts only!). Press OK.

Step2: 
click the arrow on the left side , this expands everything so you can see all of the blocks in an address,
Then click on the confirmations tab, this will sort the blocks by # of confirmations.
Place a check mark in the box to the left , this selects those blocks to be combined.

(If you look at top it shows the combined amount of the blocks you checked and the fee to send it , and the amount after fee.)
Only select the blocks with the lowest confirmations, as they have recently minted, and you will not lose much staking time by choosing them.
Click OK

If you are sending the coins out to an exchange, just put in the exchange zeit address and
, copy the amount in after fee, into the amount of zeit you want to send, click send.

or 

If you are combining your blocks, then click Receive Coins tab, right click on your Zeit Receive Address and Copy Address, click on Send Coins, paste your zeit receive address into Pay to:
Click Send.

Cool

Thanks! Now next time I stake, I can actually know how much I got in one go instead of having to add everything up! Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

Step1:
Enabled Coin Control

Step2: 

Click OK

or 

Click Send.

Cool
Activity: 966
Merit: 513
I just re-block the dust that's < 25k. Seems to work fine.

Merry Christmas to all that celebrate such things. Cheesy
So is it wise to consolidate coin amounts if you got like....over 500 individual coin amounts (for the coin control feature)? I mean all I'd have to do is send myself amounts as large as 99m zeit right?
uki
legendary
Activity: 1358
cryptojunk bag holder
Merry Christmas to all fellow ZEITers!
Good to see some discussion in the community, even better to see some new faces popping up and adding to the discussion. I find it very positive.
That is something ZEIT really needs long time (and something I was voicing for quite some time already) and we need it in big volume.
I like that we brought to discussion topic of changing the inflation rates.
I am in favour of changes (I voted already), however changes must go deeper, not being limited to tweaking the inflation parameters only. Without getting further development done, be it mobile wallet, be it something else community consider important, we won't achieve much. There are plenty of other coins around, some of them did also adjustment of their parameters over the time, and we have to distinguish somehow from the mass of other coins to catch the attention of people and to be able to spread the adoption of ZEIT. Without that, fundamental condition for me, we may keep the coin specs as they are or change them, it won't matter much in the long run.
legendary
What's the team speak id like to join and see if we can get a real life meet up going so I can meet some of the Knights personally.

I don't believe that team speak server is active anymore.
Many of the Knights revere their privacy, so I am not sure how well it will work out.
Plus considering how the price per coin will rise in the next few years & the fact many legal issues have yet to be resolved in all countries,
they may not want to give clues to their real id at the present time.

Cool

FYI:
Once the Knights numbers are near 300 , I can see us having a yearly get together,
my vote will be for Bali.  Smiley
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
ZeitKnight idea would have made more sense if there were real life meetups.

Those can be arranged easily. All it takes is some teamwork and some effort. Has it ever been discussed before in a serious manner?

We used TeamSpeak for a weekly meeting, when we first started.
The Knights are spread across the planet, we did get to hear everyone's accent, but the Time difference made scheduling a problem.
The Forums proved a better communication for us at that time.

I don't believe our numbers are at the point that make real life meetups feasible.
My schedule is such, I would be unable to attend.
But , if someone wants to attempt one feel free.

Cool

What's the team speak id like to join and see if we can get a real life meet up going so I can meet some of the Knights personally.
legendary
legendary
In the How to Create a Financial Panic in India News Tongue

https://mishtalk.com/2016/12/07/india-confiscates-gold-even-jewelry-in-raids-on-hidden-money/
Global financial repression picks up steam, led by India. After declaring large denomination notes illegal, India now targets gold.
It’s not just gold bars or bullion. The government has raided houses, no questions asked, confiscating jewelry.

https://mishtalk.com/2016/11/27/cash-chaos-in-india-86-of-money-in-circulation-withdrawn-cash-still-king-in-japan/
Cash Chaos in India, 86% of Money in Circulation Withdrawn; Cash Still King in Japan

Cool
legendary
ZEIT 15 % rate is over.

The 5% rate has begun.

The Vote to move to An Ultra Low Inflation coin of only .0005% ,
is now 21 in favor & 2 against, so enjoy the 5% while it lasts.  Smiley

Cool
legendary

Those can be arranged easily. All it takes is some teamwork and some effort. Has it ever been discussed before in a serious manner?

We used TeamSpeak for a weekly meeting, when we first started.
The Knights are spread across the planet, we did get to hear everyone's accent, but the Time difference made scheduling a problem.
The Forums proved a better communication for us at that time.

I don't believe our numbers are at the point that make real life meetups feasible.
My schedule is such, I would be unable to attend.
But , if someone wants to attempt one feel free.

Cool

legendary
 Smiley  Dec 21st, 2016

Cool
Scary shit, but I think I want to take the next test.  Wish me luck.

Cool

Thanks Kiklo. I hope I don't disappoint you and flunk.
Jump to: