Author

Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS] - page 119. (Read 1009280 times)

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
Running lots of ram and using W10.

Hmm,

A lot of Wallet software has been having issues with Windows 10.

Try this step 1st.
Set Windows to run ZEIT in a Win7 Compatible mode 1st.
https://www.windows10forums.com/articles/compatibility-mode.7/

If that does not fix it, try the fresh wallet.dat next.

Cool
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Im not seeing an error. Starts to open, then crashes and closes. I get a box that tells me cannot open if you mean that for the error message.

Be sure to have a backup of your wallet.

Go under c:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\Zeitcoin
Then Rename your wallet.dat to wallet.zeit

Restart the zeit wallet, does it open with a fresh wallet?

Cool

FYI:
Also What OS are you running and how much Ram is in the System?

Running lots of ram and using W10. I'll try your recommendation tomorrow and report back. Thanks for replying so quickly.
legendary
Im not seeing an error. Starts to open, then crashes and closes. I get a box that tells me cannot open if you mean that for the error message.

Be sure to have a backup of your wallet.

Go under c:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\Zeitcoin
Then Rename your wallet.dat to wallet.zeit

Restart the zeit wallet, does it open with a fresh wallet.dat?

Cool

FYI:
Also What OS are you running and how much Ram is in the System?
So....... My wallet stopped working today. Literally, I opened it to check my balance and it crashed upon opening.
Any idea of what I should do about this?

Reboot, try and open it again and post the error message if it happens a 2nd time.

Cool

legendary
Cool Changes,  If the Community Decides to become an Ultra Low Inflation Coin.

Here are the Software Changes that are required if the Community Votes to go Ultra Low Inflation.
1.  Interest rate change to 0.0005% (0.000005) per year, that would leave us only gaining ~ 180,000 new coins per year . (Thanks to Fred for the % recommendation)
     (Price per coin will rise.)

2.  Minimum Stake Age Changed to 1 Day  (This will allow coins to be staked faster, so more coins will be defending our network security, Difficulty Increase)
     (Major increase in Our Network Security)

3.  Blocks no longer Split after staking, stake amount just adds to the block amount. (Recombining smaller blocks will no longer be necessary)
     (Meaning you can keep Larger amounts in fewer Blocks and use less resources.)  Smiley

Cool
Activity: 938
Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged
https://forum.zeit-coin.net - SSL Certificate renewed.
Tweet: https://twitter.com/ZEITCOIN - Should ZEITCOIN become an Ultra Low Inflation Coin?
Democracy will win...  Wink

Cheers,
Ray

Everyone Remember to Vote in the Poll.  Smiley

Cool

Poll info posted on our FaceBook page too.
legendary
Tweet: https://twitter.com/ZEITCOIN - Should ZEITCOIN become an Ultra Low Inflation Coin?

Cheers,
Ray

Everyone Remember to Vote in the Poll.  Smiley

Cool
legendary
Wallet synchronization is too slow to spend a week to 20% Huh
Look in Original post (page 1) for instructions on installing snapshots to cut down on getting synced.

ZEIT BLOCKCHAIN SNAPSHOT (The Fastest Way to Sync a Wallet)   Smiley
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14024462

Cool

FYI:
Snapshot updated to 12-13-2016.  Smiley
Activity: 102
Merit: 10
Look in Original post (page 1) for instructions on installing snapshots to cut down on getting synced.
Activity: 887
Merit: 253
legendary
Activity: 1318
Merit: 1036

Cheers,
Ray
legendary
New Poll Up Top make your Votes.

Question:    Should ZEIT become an Ultra Low Inflation Coin?
Yes (I want the price per coin to rise)
No   (Don't Change anything.)

Whatever the final vote is by Jan 1st,2017 will decide the issue.

Cool

legendary
So....... My wallet stopped working today. Literally, I opened it to check my balance and it crashed upon opening.

Reboot, try and open it again and post the error message if it happens a 2nd time.

Cool
legendary
Who CAN be happy at that price?

- Only someone intent on either destroying the coin (a rival) or wanting to buy cheap to unfairly profit (a manipulator) Sad

It is only an observation, not a claim of a causal link, that the price started tanking at the same time that the 'announcement' of effectively ending minting was made.

I'm yet to be convinced that such a drastic departure from our master planned is justified, or desirable, and will do all I can to resist it. This is a community coin, and it's the decision & will of the community, not any one member, that should hold sway.

So speak. Question. Let all thoughts & fears be heard.

We have survived many crises in our nearly three years, and become stronger.

Because we are a coin for the ages.

WE ARE ZEITCOIN!

The Problem is inflation, look at the altcoin markets they are all suffering because of it.
Tekcoin , Sprouts, Mint, the price per coin is dropping due to the constant increase in quantity of coins.

ZEIT is also affected by inflation,
there is no way our price per coin will rise as long as we allow 8 million or more coins to be generated per day verses BTC generating less than 2000 per day and that # will cut in half in 4 years.

With such a high inflation , it allows our enemies to constantly resupply their sell walls at zero cost while they keep their principle.

The Solution is simple , we have to deny our enemies the ability to resupply their sell walls at no cost to them.
When they load their sell walls they have to lose their principle , (Future earning potential), if we are to defeat them and the price of ZEIT can reach a penny and higher.

ZEIT is such a massive coin that , we have to go ultra low inflation 0.0005% (0.000005) per year.
This can still generate an inflation of ~500 coins per day, which is more than manageable , and our Price would stabilize and then begin to rise.

Lion, while like you ,
I would like to leave it exactly the way it is , I recognize that to survive and thrive, there are no other options available to us.

Our Choices are this:
1. ZEIT goes Ultra Low Inflation, which means the value per coin will rise.
or
2. ZEIT keeps it high inflation, which means you have more coins and the value per coin drops daily.

I choose option 1.

Cool

FYI:
As far as the fear that the change in interest % will cause dumping,
the change has not even happened (we are still at 15%) and we are already seeing dumping.
We switch to ultra low inflation and we limit their dumping amount,
we don't switch and they dump their inflation daily at the expense of our marketcap.
legendary
Wow. Glad I sold everything before. If you truly believe in zeitcoin then it's really cheap but what's the point of owning this coin? No development. There are so many coins that actually are working towards something. Stratus, komodo, bit bay,  vtorrent. Etc.

Wow , I am glad you sold out too.
So there is really no reason for you to be here.

So why don't you shut up and stay in those other coins forums you love so much.

Cool
Activity: 896
Merit: 553
Wow. Glad I sold everything before. If you truly believe in zeitcoin then it's really cheap but what's the point of owning this coin? No development. There are so many coins that actually are working towards something. Stratus, komodo, bit bay,  vtorrent. Etc.
Activity: 183
Merit: 10
right, the price dump much more
Activity: 938
Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged
Zeitcoin (ZEIT)
$0.000001 (-90.26%)

we are unhappy for this price...

Who CAN be happy at that price?

- Only someone intent on either destroying the coin (a rival) or wanting to buy cheap to unfairly profit (a manipulator) Sad

It is only an observation, not a claim of a causal link, that the price started tanking at the same time that the 'announcement' of effectively ending minting was made.

I'm yet to be convinced that such a drastic departure from our master planned is justified, or desirable, and will do all I can to resist it. This is a community coin, and it's the decision & will of the community, not any one member, that should hold sway.

So speak. Question. Let all thoughts & fears be heard.

We have survived many crises in our nearly three years, and become stronger.

Because we are a coin for the ages.

WE ARE ZEITCOIN!
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
 Zeitcoin (ZEIT)
$0.000001 (-90.26%)

we are unhappy for this price...
Jump to: