Author

Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS] - page 124. (Read 1009280 times)

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
I think it is a very relevant to put it in ZEIT thread. Zerohedge has raised a bullish flag on Bitcoin:
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-10-27/needham-raises-bitcoin-price-target-848-heres-why

For these who don't have time to read it all (although I really recommend), three interesting facts about Bitcoin, as a food for thought:

- Bitcoin’s daily volatility is now comparable to small cap equities (3.3%)
- the annualized volatility of Bitcoin’s daily returns (57% now) has nearly halved from mid-2014 to mid-2016, and daily price volatility is now similar to the volatility of oil
- one of the most appealing aspects of Bitcoin for institutional investors is its low correlation to major asset classes.

Yep, Looks like the BTC Hype Machine is getting ready to try and pump the BTC price again.
I just wish they would quit the BS.

Bitcoin is a decentralized, borderless, peer-to-peer, electronic cash system that is disintermediating and removing friction in the exchange of value by enabling fast, low-cost, global, peer-to-peer payments.

Hardly decentralized as the Chinese mining pools account for over ~70%.

We see value in Bitcoin as a “digital gold” and as a payment network that is enabling a global, open, permissionless financial system

That permissionless line is a bunch of BS , every Cryptocoin in existence is permissioned.
I wish people would think about what they are saying before they repeat nonsense.
Shows he is not really thinking , just a repeating on this article.

This BTC problem is just getting worse.
https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoin-transactions-confirmation-delays
Were you one of those who experienced problems with getting confirmations on your Bitcoin transactions?
Well, it was a general issue, at least recently when Blockchain had almost 50,000 unconfirmed transactions and the number is receding.

The rush of complaints about transaction confirmations taking longer than usual comes at a time when the price of Bitcoin is edging closer to the $ 700 mark.
As at the time of this publication, the price of the top digital currency stands at $ 687 and that’s about a 5 percent increase since the beginning of the week from $ 656 on Sunday Oct. 23. When these two coincide, there are bound to be speculations that they are, in a way, related.

Cool
uki
legendary
Activity: 1358
cryptojunk bag holder
I think it is a very relevant to put it in ZEIT thread. Zerohedge has raised a bullish flag on Bitcoin:
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-10-27/needham-raises-bitcoin-price-target-848-heres-why

For these who don't have time to read it all (although I really recommend), three interesting facts about Bitcoin, as a food for thought:

- Bitcoin’s daily volatility is now comparable to small cap equities (3.3%)
- the annualized volatility of Bitcoin’s daily returns (57% now) has nearly halved from mid-2014 to mid-2016, and daily price volatility is now similar to the volatility of oil
- one of the most appealing aspects of Bitcoin for institutional investors is its low correlation to major asset classes.
uki
legendary
cryptojunk bag holder
At the end of the day though, what matters even more than volume is TRUST.  And right now, crypto currency exchanges have very little of it. And the fact that "Don't keep your coins on an exchange" is a mantra is proof of it. On fiat exchanges, this is known as "counter party risk". But we're protected mostly from it because they take insurance and security measures that most crypto exchanges ironically do not.

Loss of trust, my friends, is the real damage when sites like Crapsy and Mt. Gox have to shut down. The loss of funds is just the flesh wound we see, the loss of trust is the poison that slowly kills these types of initiatives.

Welcome to the 1900s people. The same shit used to happen with actual BANKS too. Why do you think we have a Federal Reserve insuring our deposits in the first place with fiat money that it can generate out of nothing? Now we have to come up with a way to create our own equivalent institution without the help of government.
Very valid point, atronite. I fully concur. However, I don't see an easy solution for that at the moment. Bitcoin (and other crypto currencies) at its core is about decentralisation, and thus, the currency is as stable as much trust is created among its users without central nodes. Adding a centralised trust entity, although very helpful as you write, is a bit against this initial concept, and therefore I am afraid it won't gain much popularity in the community. So it will be in the long run about what is more important, sticking to the decentralisation idea versus losing trust due to an easy misuse of the currency.
Activity: 319
Merit: 250
there is not much volume on your exchange. On the BTC market, you have currently three coins where the 24 hour volume exceeds 0.1BTC.
That is not very impressive if you ask me. It looks like an exchange for trading Bitcoin's faucet  earnings.

Uki,

CoinExchange was kind enough to add ZEIT by verbal request alone.
All of Crypto is still a new infrastructure, and is still being built.
Some complained about Cryptopia when their total trading volume was less than $100 per day.
Now Cryptopia is in the Thousands per day and growing, CoinExchange is also growing, they are just starting so in Time their Volume will also increase.

Quick Compare
Yobit has a daily volume of ~$100 thousand per day and they are unable to even keep 70% of their wallets running, including ZEIT
CoinExchange ZEIT Wallet has performed perfectly ever since they activated it, we should ask nothing more than that from any exchange.
Trading Volume is the Community's Responsibility not the exchanges.
Also CoinMarketCap is not listing all of their markets , as I have repeatably requested they add the ZEIT/Doge Market from CoinExchange, and they have yet to do so.
They have been a responsive exchange and trading there has worked perfectly.   Smiley

Cool

kiklo,
I fully understand your point. I also understand that it is part of exchange's job to build its brand and thus grow the volume.
To give a counter example. I loved comkort exchange (I guess you liked them, too), a tiny exchange, with great and very fast user interface who also had ZEIT listed, yet they bit the dust just because they couldn't pay their bills. All what you wrote is fine, but in the end of the day it is about volume, because volume and gains let you survive in the long term. Btw., the same applies to ZEIT.

At the end of the day though, what matters even more than volume is TRUST.  And right now, crypto currency exchanges have very little of it. And the fact that "Don't keep your coins on an exchange" is a mantra is proof of it. On fiat exchanges, this is known as "counter party risk". But we're protected mostly from it because they take insurance and security measures that most crypto exchanges ironically do not.

Loss of trust, my friends, is the real damage when sites like Crapsy and Mt. Gox have to shut down. The loss of funds is just the flesh wound we see, the loss of trust is the poison that slowly kills these types of initiatives.

Welcome to the 1900s people. The same shit used to happen with actual BANKS too. Why do you think we have a Federal Reserve insuring our deposits in the first place with fiat money that it can generate out of nothing? Now we have to come up with a way to create our own equivalent institution without the help of government.

uki
legendary
cryptojunk bag holder
there is not much volume on your exchange. On the BTC market, you have currently three coins where the 24 hour volume exceeds 0.1BTC.
That is not very impressive if you ask me. It looks like an exchange for trading Bitcoin's faucet  earnings.

Uki,

Some complained about Cryptopia when their total trading volume was less than $100 per day.
Now Cryptopia is in the Thousands per day and growing, CoinExchange is also growing, they are just starting so in Time their Volume will also increase.

Quick Compare
Yobit has a daily volume of ~$100 thousand per day and they are unable to even keep 70% of their wallets running, including ZEIT
CoinExchange ZEIT Wallet has performed perfectly ever since they activated it, we should ask nothing more than that from any exchange.
Also CoinMarketCap is not listing all of their markets , as I have repeatably requested they add the ZEIT/Doge Market from CoinExchange, and they have yet to do so.
They have been a responsive exchange and trading there has worked perfectly.   Smiley

Cool

kiklo,
I fully understand your point. I also understand that it is part of exchange's job to build its brand and thus grow the volume.
To give a counter example. I loved comkort exchange (I guess you liked them, too), a tiny exchange, with great and very fast user interface who also had ZEIT listed, yet they bit the dust just because they couldn't pay their bills. All what you wrote is fine, but in the end of the day it is about volume, because volume and gains let you survive in the long term. Btw., the same applies to ZEIT.
legendary
That is not very impressive if you ask me. It looks like an exchange for trading Bitcoin's faucet  earnings.

Uki,

Quick Compare

Cool
uki
legendary
cryptojunk bag holder
legendary
CoinExchange is an Excellent Exchange and has been Working Great. Smiley

Exchange Status
alcurex  Online      
CoinExchangeOnline
CryptopiaOnline
NovaExchangeOnline
SouthXchangeOnline
Yobit Do not use Yobit      

Cool
legendary
In the Yobit Sucks News,

They still list their ZEIT Wallet in Maintenance mode.
(Over a Month)

It seems like they might have been playing fractional reserve with ours and many other coins, (like cryptsy  Tongue ) .
(My personal opinion only)

So odds are high they don't have any ZEIT coins at all.
So it is recommended that no one buy any ZEIT coins from them until they fix their issues, because it is doubtful they even have any ZEIT in their exchange.

If you still have any coins with them , recommend yelling at their support from the troll box on a daily basis as nothing else has made any difference.

Cool
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
i hope Zeitcoin grow fast until per zeitcoin=1 USD and more.  Kiss
Activity: 2170
Merit: 640
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
I got a Zeit wallet from back-in-the-days, I was mining it from the launch, which went great.
Yesterday I had the funny idea to update and sync the wallet.
It had to catch up almost 2 years, it got some blocks here and there, I thought it would be less painful to start a new one.
I exported my keys, started a new wallet, downloaded the bootsrap file and relaunched.
Now its churning half a day on the import already?
On an i7 MBPro, @100% CPU, without any indication when it might be ready then.

How long does the import take, at average?
Would be an advantage to show the progress, and show the UI before, and not just the splash screen.

Use the Snapshot instead of the Bootstrap.dat,
Snapshot is way faster and won't tie up the CPU like a bootstrap will.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14024462

However you can watch the status of a bootstrap import at
c:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\Zeitcoin
by comparing the filesize of the bootstrap.dat verses the block0001.dat

Cool

FYI:
Difference between a Bootstrap vs a Snapshot?
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.16022247

Comparing the size has it as half the way, after almost a day.
Takes some Zeit ... but nice its still alive.

I just killed it and get the snapshot.
Thanks for your effort with all the chains you provide.
legendary
I got a Zeit wallet from back-in-the-days, I was mining it from the launch, which went great.
It had to catch up almost 2 years, it got some blocks here and there, I thought it would be less painful to start a new one.
I exported my keys, started a new wallet, downloaded the bootsrap file and relaunched.

Would be an advantage to show the progress, and show the UI before, and not just the splash screen.

Use the Snapshot instead of the Bootstrap.dat,
Snapshot is way faster and won't tie up the CPU like a bootstrap will.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14024462

However you can watch the status of a bootstrap import at
c:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\Zeitcoin
by comparing the filesize of the bootstrap.dat verses the block0001.dat

Cool

FYI:
Difference between a Bootstrap vs a Snapshot?
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.16022247
Activity: 2170
Merit: 640
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

Activity: 938
Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged
It might be a good use for the "Knights' Fund" in the future too.

For sure, in order to 'take on the world' we will need mobile wallets one day.

The key is knowing WHICH day!
legendary
Also surprised to see UNO on the list.
But, the question is, why at all bother about c-cex lists in this thread?
I really don't get it, how much useful energy of ZEIT Knights is wasted on this issue, since quite long time already.
Neither c-cex is a major exchange, nor ZEIT is listed there. Why making them a free advertisement at all?

Unlike a lot of other coins that get constant Topic bumps because they have so many problems.
ZEIT just works , testament to Rent_A_Ray Talents.  Smiley

So these other discussions about the Crypto world, and my News updates on Economics like Negative Interest Rates are purely there for the free advertising from the topic bump.  Wink

However in strictly ZEIT news, there is a company that does android & ios wallets and this was there last reply to me.
Thank you for your interest in Coinomi.

We would definitely love to have Zeit integrated into our wallet.

We can perform the integration for you for a one-time fee of $1,500 which also includes automatic porting to other platforms (eg iOS, Desktops, etc) as they become available (desktop editions for Windows, Linux and MacOS are already being tested by our team). Then it's $25/server/month for a minimum 2 servers that will run the back-end wallets for Zeit.
https://coinomi.com/

At the current point in time, I don't think it has become a necessity quite yet to have the mobile wallets, but maybe within 12 to 24 months.
Everyone interested in Mobile & Desktop Lite wallets, add a post , and what you would be willing to donate toward the one time fee.
We can use the posts to see how much interest there is in the mobile wallets and if anyone is willing to help pay for it.

Cool
uki
legendary
cryptojunk bag holder
Is this coin dead? No buying volume

Frustrated.

teehee

i laughed

--
C-CEX Delisting
UNO threw some volume at them.
So that fixed it.  But yes odd it was mentioned for Delisting.
(i think they were just soliciting their 'exchange' fee)
Also surprised to see UNO on the list.
But, the question is, why at all bother about c-cex lists in this thread?
I really don't get it, how much useful energy of ZEIT Knights is wasted on this issue, since quite long time already.
Neither c-cex is a major exchange, nor ZEIT is listed there. Why making them a free advertisement at all?
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
Is this coin dead? No buying volume

Frustrated.

teehee

i laughed

--
C-CEX Delisting
UNO threw some volume at them.
So that fixed it.  But yes odd it was mentioned for Delisting.
(i think they were just soliciting their 'exchange' fee)
Just another reminder that the ONLY safe place for your crypto is in your own, encrypted, desktop wallet:-

https://cointelegraph.com/news/monero-loses-darknet-market-in-apparent-exit-scam

The web wallet for Monero, MyMonero run by famed XMR developer FluffyPony, has been unresponsive for several days, according to several users on Reddit. Users reportedly were unable to withdraw funds and have contacted support days ago, with no response. Users are still able to import private keys to another wallet to secure their funds.

MyMonero wallets have been targeted in several large thefts, resulting in millions of dollars worth stolen this year. The evidence at this point is inconclusive as to whether the thefts resulted from security vulnerabilities in individual users’ machines, or from the wallet itself.
For once, you beat me to it Wink

The only surprise on that list is UNO.

The rest fall into the 'did they really expect THAT to survive?' category.
Jump to: