Author

Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS] - page 249. (Read 1009280 times)

legendary
Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001

I don't allow anything from app-hole on this PC - not even QT player.

You are on a windows machine. Every single Linux or Apple App would make your situation better ;-)

yeah. idk abt apple, but drm sucks and has no place in the future in certain ways. (seems i paid $15.99 for a CD for some strange reason i think i own it and have the right to use it as i want to) but open source software, linux and freedom to participate directly in software dev IS the wtg imo - please - all knights learn to use linux. you will witness new horizons

[edit] give this  shot: fedora with the mate desktop. find out about compiz-fusion and get it running. you will never even think about going back to windows imo.
*(except, ofcourse - to play games! lolololllll)]

[edit edit] did you know? microsoft provides the os for what? ~95% of the worlds computers? k, now all those computers need updates regularly, so, microsoft has a HUGE web interface - BIG servers right? of course. guess what! they're linux servers. case closed

Music is DRM-free since 2009.

wow! i should get out of my cave more often  Cheesy

i see it hasn't gone away all  together tho: (had to google that)

*As of this writing, MP3 files themselves do not have DRM padlocks on them, but getting access to MP3 files is getting more difficult every day as the MPAA and RIAA crack down on MP3 file sharing.

and on some CDs i own, among other things in fine print on the label it says "... public performance prohibited" which one could take to mean you're not allowed to play your music at your birthday party ...
 and mp3s are a rip-off anyway (no pun intended) why do ppl pay full price for 10% of the data? and  no they're not equal sonically ...  imo
legendary
Activity: 1318
Merit: 1036

You are on a windows machine. Every single Linux or Apple App would make your situation better ;-)

yeah. idk abt apple, but drm sucks and has no place in the future in certain ways. (seems i paid $15.99 for a CD for some strange reason i think i own it and have the right to use it as i want to) but open source software, linux and freedom to participate directly in software dev IS the wtg imo - please - all knights learn to use linux. you will witness new horizons

[edit] give this  shot: fedora with the mate desktop. find out about compiz-fusion and get it running. you will never even think about going back to windows imo.

[edit edit] did you know? microsoft provides the os for what? ~95% of the worlds computers? k, now all those computers need updates regularly, so, microsoft has a HUGE web interface - BIG servers right? of course. guess what! they're linux servers. case closed

Music is DRM-free since 2009.

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
3 german knights so far.

I think it's actually 4 Wink

Add a fraction of 1/3 to your 4 ,  Cheesy

Can barely speak English much less anything else ,  Tongue

Cool
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
I updated my wallet to the latest code and it is currently finishing syncing. But all I see is the interest erned in the 'balance' section of the wallet.

I should have 13 mil + another 1-2 mil in interest. All I see is about 1.7 mil.

Will this fix itself once the sync is complete? It currently has synced through mid Feb.

***UPDATE

The wallet has finished syncing and I am still missing 13+ mil coins. Any ideas?

If your Amount of Zeitcoins is off, click on Help, click on Debug Window, and click Console Tab, type in repairwallet and hit enter.

See if that fixes it.

Cool

Worked like as charm... Thanks!!!
legendary
Activity: 1092
I updated my wallet to the latest code and it is currently finishing syncing. But all I see is the interest erned in the 'balance' section of the wallet.

Will this fix itself once the sync is complete? It currently has synced through mid Feb.

***UPDATE

The wallet has finished syncing and I am still missing 13+ mil coins. Any ideas?

If your Amount of Zeitcoins is off, click on Help, click on Debug Window, and click Console Tab, type in repairwallet and hit enter.

See if that fixes it.

Cool
Activity: 54

***UPDATE

legendary
Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001

Activity: 319
Merit: 250

Although sadly, windows machines are still superior when it comes to gaming. Although Linux and apple are getting better, they are still the underdogs in that space.
legendary

Activity: 938
Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged

Activity: 76
Hello all !!

Is there an issue with the wallet 2.0.1.5 on W7 ?

I have this message on the bottom saying : "WARNING : Checkpoint is too old. WAit for blockchain to download, or notify developpers"

Besides, is that normal that the staking occurs like once or twice a day only ?

Here is an little snap....
http://imagize[Suspicious link removed]ageshack.us/v2/xq90/905/JnAFme.jpg

Thank you for all !

No issue, simply a message. You could download latest version (2.0.1.6). It comes with the latest hardcoded checkpoint and without any checkpoint alerts.

Cheerz

Thank you Wink
legendary
legendary
Hello all !!

I have this message on the bottom saying : "WARNING : Checkpoint is too old. WAit for blockchain to download, or notify developpers"

Thank you for all !

No issue, simply a message. You could download latest version (2.0.1.6). It comes with the latest hardcoded checkpoint and without any checkpoint alerts.

Cheerz
3 german knights so far.

I think it's actually 4 Wink
kewl..   Grin So we can chat in denglisch 2moz?

Ihre Sprache ist nicht international genug für eine solche globale Währung
Activity: 76
Hello all !!

http://imagize[Suspicious link removed]ageshack.us/v2/xq90/905/JnAFme.jpg

Thank you for all !
legendary
legendary
3 german knights so far. We should come together and visit those fidor guys  Wink
It would ends up with the following announcement:
Fidor bank instantly accepts direct-ZEIT payments. Product is called InstantZ™ ^^
Hey, btw. Kim Schmitz is searching a paypal replacement for MEGA.
Activity: 711
Merit: 500
CLOAK Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency
uki
legendary
Activity: 1358
cryptojunk bag holder
http://insidebitcoins.com/news/german-exchange-and-fidor-bank-partner-for-instant-bitcoin-trades/30228

another indication germany is going to be at the forefront of cryptocurrency adoption. we may have a coin that appeals to them. imagine marketing zeit as the "cheaper" bitcoin. obviously we realize that you can buy fractions of a bitcoin but there is a psychological barrier to that.

Why buy 1 bitcoin when you can buy 25 million zeit! appeals to the collector's mindset as well. I still know people who own worthless coins but value them as part of their "collection". accumulation is fun.
I like that German bank is actually the first one to do that. Living in Germany, I have been using bitcoin.de to buy Bitcoins since long, and this news only proves they are really solid.
Jump to: