Pages:
Author

Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS] - page 79. (Read 1009280 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Update:
OK,  after some PMs from Rent_A_Ray,
We will be dropping the IRC code from future releases and moving to DNS Seeds.

So if you are using the IRC version and your antivirus is causing problems.
Moving to the new code will remove the false positive message from your AV.

If you are currently using the IRC code version and your antivirus is not causing any problems ,
you can continue using that version as long as you wish.

Ray is working on a version with a working DNS seed.

Current users , having trouble with Antivirus, can download the No Irc version from the website, with no additional steps.

New Users downloading the noirc version from zeit-coin.net ,
run zeitcoin-qt.exe  -seednode=zeitseed2.ddns.net
your 1st time, this will update your peers.dat
after it disconnects, then close the zeit wallet and restart normally
zeitcoin-qt.exe

After the new version with the DNS seed is ready , this won't be necessary for new users.

Cool
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
To Update your Wallet,

Close your current wallet,

Download the new ULI version

Website Zeit-coin.net has the No-IRC version if you are using one of the antivirus that are reporting the wallet as a false positive : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.20412243

If you are not using one of the false reporting antivirus,
or you don't mind excluding zeitcoin-qt.exe from your Scanning until we get that false positives issues sorted.
Then Download the wallet with the IRC code from here:
Windows 2.0.2.1 Alternate Download

Then just start the wallet like normal. But do so before August 11th.

Cool

Thanx...i think this is very easy..

i download wallet for windows...i have anti virus kaspersky and i dont see any error at this time...
____
Download your Digital Wallet:
Icon
Windows Wallet 32Bit 2.0.2.1 (SHA1:560CA10C6D08960B3798FE7DDB4F2092967BFEE7) 463 downloads 17.54 MB
Download

To Update your Wallet,

Close your current wallet,

Download the new ULI version

Website Zeit-coin.net has the No-IRC version if you are using one of the antivirus that are reporting the wallet as a false positive : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.20412243

If you are not using one of the false reporting antivirus,
or you don't mind excluding zeitcoin-qt.exe from your Scanning until we get that false positives issues sorted.
Then Download the wallet with the IRC code from here:
Windows 2.0.2.1 Alternate Download

Then just start the wallet like normal. But do so before August 11th.

Cool
Activity: 51
Kiklo told me the ULI testing process just had it's 1st block staked in a little over 24 hours ,
there are still more tests to be ran, but ULI code is getting much closer to being ready for release.
Everything looks fine.

Did some Artwork for the upcoming version. If the test is successful, we will see a fresh compiled ULI-Version for everyone within the next week.
Hardfork will be performed on 11th of August, 12.00 GMT. Known as Forky-Friday  Grin
Enough time to inform all exchanges and users.

Cheers,
Ray

Here's an early example of the new Splash-Screen:
https://www.image-load.net/users/public/images/LZ1M3ZSXtm.jpg

thanks to kiklo and pollforall for their work.
Hi bro...Thanx for your explain and hard work for zeitcoin...

for this Update version of walle Zeitcoin ..wallet will be update automatic? and no problem for us funds and my money?
legendary
Activity: 1318
Merit: 1036
https://www.virustotal.com/de/file/af6177da123eb21ee52888f9e18ebcad289142288a9540b0a25279f13888ac39/analysis/1501486536/

I've completely removed IRC support in the source:
Github: https://github.com/zeitcoin/zeitcoin/commit/ad8db4995eac496b0b453099cd04c32fe444cf42

!DOWNLOAD! or visit http://zeit-coin.net.

(SHA1: 560CA10C6D08960B3798FE7DDB4F2092967BFEE7)
(SHA256: AF6177DA123EB21EE52888F9E18EBCAD289142288A9540B0A25279F13888AC39)

Cheers,
Ray
legendary
....When I minimize the wallet (yellow button) it is running stable without any problems
at the moment, so when I get in trouble again sometime, I'll come back to your advice...

thanks, nuggler

Yes *confirmed*, seems we have some issues with an open Mac-Wallet.
Minimized it works stable.

Since this is not my own build, I will ask Pollforall for help.

Cheers,
Ray
Back during the discussions of switching to ULI.
I was going to paid 8 not yet knights to keep a node active 24x7 for 1 year.
It has taken us over 8 months to achieve the ULI switch, and our value per coin has increased over 5 times since the initial conversation.

So here is the updated info.

Requirements
Your Staking Wallet ZEIT Address must contain at least 10 million ZEIT.
User can not yet be a knight.
IP address must be showing up on the Block explorer under nodes
List which client you are using , Win /Mac /Linux
What is your Bandwidth?

PM this information directly to me @ KikloV

Payment will be 1 million ZEIT for the year, and if accepted , will be sent to your ZEIT address before the ULI activates.

DO NOT , I repeat DO NOT POST THAT INFORMATION in this FORUM,
BTCTALK has rules against coins giveaways for posting
PM me only.

** If anyone does not listen and posts the above info, I asked ZEITCOIN to Delete their Posts, and that person will not be eligible to receive coins for running a node. **

Cool
Activity: 588
Merit: 510

ZEITCOIN'S ULTRA LOW INFLATION! Smiley

All Zeitcoin Wallet Users should update to v2.0.2.1 Gauntlet
Before Aug 11th 2017.

All Wallets can be download from the Official Website
http://www.zeit-coin.net/

Windows Alternative Download Link:
https://mega.nz/#!XYJXhKbb!V06WmC5SeTtqqrbMSbLz03cem7AbMsivS4ROS842SOI
Steps for Windows Users, Backup your wallet.dat,  Download the 2.0.2.1 version , close the 2.0.1.7 version , and start the 2.0.2.1 version.
And you are set.  Wink

Zeitcoin-qt.exe Checksums
MD5 :  FBB3F215B9A8C91C374D98709DAD3450
SHA-1: D3E5E137D328A7D6C7767981836B91DB5BFE55E6

Mac Users:
Zeitcoin-qt-mac.zip  Checksums
SHA-1 Checksum: 865A7AB6D9B9764182651A1340CB75E6A9E8F765

Mac Users Alternative Download
https://mega.nz/#!TEJFjK7Q!2f74LZlxpaN6vw6JeS2On5eoUFi2LK06gk6eNkWIvJA

Both Windows & Mac Downloads are available on zeit-knights.slack.com under announcements

Linux Users can update from the source code.
https://github.com/zeitcoin/zeitcoin

The wallet is using too much of the space

1.3GB ram alone on Zeit wallet

Anyway to reduce it?

Thanks

Too much space compared to what?
HBN & Mintcoin requires the same or more ram, and ZEIT runs better than both of those coins.

ZEIT is over a 3 year old coin with a large blockchain because of our 30 second blockspeed,
a few years old PC with 4 gig of ram can run it easily. That 30 second blockspeed gives us 20X the transaction capacity of BTC, plus in the Future that block speed means you have more opportunity to earn transaction fees, than if we lowered it to 2½ minutes.

New PCs come with 16 gig of ram, upgrading a old PC to 4 or 8 gig of ram is no big deal.
Even a VPS with 4 gig of ram is available for ~$20 US per month.

If you can't afford the above options, I would say only run the ZEIT wallet , when you are not needing the PC for other uses, such as at night.  

Cool

FYI:
Current Minimal Specs to run ZEIT.
If the PC does nothing else,
you can get away with 2 to 4 gig of ram and a Dual CPU depending on how much the OS takes.
CPU % on a dual CPU will run you ~50%

recommend Minimal specs if you run other apps at the same time
4 gig of ram and a Quad CPU
CPU % on a quad CPU will run you ~25%

** Any code modification to lower the Ram % load would increase the CPU % load required. **

FYI2:
Compare our minimal required specs with World of Warcraft
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/World-of-Warcraft-System-Requirements

Considering ZEIT will be a Global Payment System for the world ,
the requirements to run it are quite minimal.   Smiley
Activity: 1568
Merit: 511
The wallet is using too much of the space

1.3GB ram alone on Zeit wallet

Anyway to reduce it?

Thanks
Few people know this , but the old 2.0.1.7 wallet was also being reported as a false positive.
At the time , I informed antivirus that was wrong and they corrected their mistake.

Here is the list of AntiVirus Vendors that have been ignoring the false positives reports
and keep reporting false data.
Updated 7-31-2017

Antiy-AVL    Trojan/Win32.IRCbot    20170731
AVware    Backdoor.IRCBot    20170731
CAT-QuickHeal    Trojan.IRCbot    20170731
Fortinet    W32/IRCBot.AVFJ!tr    20170731
Kaspersky    Trojan.Win32.IRCbot.avfj    20170731
McAfee    Artemis!FBB3F215B9A8    20170731
McAfee-GW-Edition    Artemis    20170731
nProtect    Trojan/W32.IRCBot.18466816    20170731
Panda    HackTool/BitCoinMiner    20170731
Rising    Trojan.IRCbot!8.588 (cloud:SSJvSV7aQj)    20170731
Tencent    Win32.Trojan.Ircbot.Egnz    20170731
TrendMicro-HouseCall    TROJ_GEN.R023H07GP17    20170731
VIPRE    Backdoor.IRCBot    20170731
ZoneAlarm by Check Point    Trojan.Win32.IRCbot.avfj    20170731

ZEIT , IRC code is clean and is the exact same as the 2.0.1.7 version.

So everyone that is using one of the above antivirus that can't bother to remove a false positive.
Here are your options
1.  Each AV software has an option to exclude the zeitcoin exe and directories.
     So exclude the Zeitcoin files and directories.

2.  Contact the antivirus vendors directly and tell them they have a false positive.

3.  Switch to an antivirus where False Positives are removed when reported.

Cool

FYI:
List of AntiVirus that have removed the False Positive and showed they actually care about their software.
AegisLab                
Ikarus
WhiteArmor

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590
Hey  Wink

I rechecked the new Wallet on virustotal and its getting worse ....

https://www.virustotal.com/de/file/63fde7cfb6a457bebc401bab679ebe463464c301fdd09e3720f4f85150aef94a/analysis/

Personally i trust rent_a_ray , but please think a moment what u will normally do when you download a new wallet and 13 / 61 antivirus are warning ...

btw. the old wallet don't get marked and i don't see any commits regarding irc on github (but i didn't looked thoroughly, because as i said, i trust rent_a_ray Smiley)

i think for any adoption we should fix this and if money matters im personally offer some zeitcoins

greets

Yes now my antivirus is blocking the latest Zeit coin wallet as I had to restart my computer the other day and now when I try and start the new wallet it is blocked but before it was working just fine as like I said in a previous post I earned a stake from the new wallet so not sure what has happened now. I hope there is a fix for this soon.
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
Hey  Wink

I rechecked the new Wallet on virustotal and its getting worse ....

https://www.virustotal.com/de/file/63fde7cfb6a457bebc401bab679ebe463464c301fdd09e3720f4f85150aef94a/analysis/

Personally i trust rent_a_ray , but please think a moment what u will normally do when you download a new wallet and 13 / 61 antivirus are warning ...

btw. the old wallet don't get marked and i don't see any commits regarding irc on github (but i didn't looked thoroughly, because as i said, i trust rent_a_ray Smiley)

i think for any adoption we should fix this and if money matters im personally offer some zeitcoins

greets
Activity: 3

Thanks for your advice, Ray.

I've always been on the latest versions, so the chain should be ok.

When I minimize the wallet (yellow button) it is running stable without any problems
at the moment, so when I get in trouble again sometime, I'll come back to your advice...

thanks, nuggler

Thanks Kiklo,

my MacOs version is macOS Sierra V10.12.5,
and I loaded the wallet from the website (V 2.0.2.1-ULI).

I'll give it a try and set up a new wallet, sounds
at least plausible as the wallet is running since late 2015 on this machine.

thanks so far
nuggler

https://www.image-load.net/users/public/images/zPOsvjek4S.JPG

Hi nuggler,

if you're running your wallet since late 2015 (without any update), there should be a small chance sitting on the wrong chain.
(Depends on the version you where running since 2015).

To check what is wrong, rename the zeitcoin (zeitcoin_old) directory in your application support folder and try to test the app without your old chain and wallet.
(Finder: Go To Menu, holding ALT will show you the hidden LIBRARY directory where you'll find application support/zeitcoin)

Cheers,
Ray

legendary
Thanks Kiklo,

thanks so far
nuggler

Hi nuggler,

if you're running your wallet since late 2015 (without any update), there should be a small chance sitting on the wrong chain.
(Depends on the version you where running since 2015).

To check what is wrong, rename the zeitcoin (zeitcoin_old) directory in your application support folder and try to test the app without your old chain and wallet.
(Finder: Go To Menu, holding ALT will show you the hidden LIBRARY directory where you'll find application support/zeitcoin)

Cheers,
Ray
Excellent Analysis Atronite,
I am going to borrow your wording in the future for Transactions Velocity.  Smiley  

Only 1 point of clarification , failure has never been an option.
Success is the only result that we can accept.  Wink

Cool

FYI:
If you are not a member of https://zeit-knights.slack.com
Auto Invite=>   https://zeitcoin.herokuapp.com
You should really think about joining.

For some unknown reason, BTC Staff has in the past 24 hours , locked a lot of altcoin threads.
Their excuse is the no altcoin giveaway rule.
Example : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.20388770
Your guess is as good as mine as to what is really going on.  Tongue
Activity: 140
Merit: 1
Believe the price of the coin will be much higher than 2-4 satoshi. Patience and you will see for yourself.
----
It's been a long time coming but I have finally staked my first lot of Zeit coins overnight so I'm very happy to see I have earned some coins. Now I look forward to the Ultra low inflation and hopefully this will help the price to rise a little but it has been great to see the price stable at around 2 to 4 sats for a while now.

Yup. Not that this is something people like to acknowledge, but one of the things that discourages traders from trying to increase the price of the coin (and promoting it) is the fact that the new supply will always create that downward pressure. By removing that pressure, and making earnings a function of transaction velocity (everyone earns more if people are sending zeit to and from each other, proportional to how much you are holding), you make the coin attractive to the sort of people who would be interested in promoting the coin for their own personal gain.  

All that is left after ULI takes effect is for a team of whales to see the potential for profits in this coin, and increase prices which increases awareness which increases investors which attracts businesses and so forth. And even if they dump, enough people will have bought into it that the whales will come back (after the weak hands are shaken) and start the process all over again.

Now again, people will buy and sell this coin without really knowing what the coin is all about, and without knowing the true long term vision. But Zeitcoin has established itself as a community that has endured when so many other coin communities simply disintegrated without a trace after being delisted from every exchange because of scammy devs. So in reality, as long as we have a good vision and keep progressing as a community and keep building things, the whales and the pumpers and the dumpers will never have a long term effect on this coin. They would merely be the byproduct of our community's success.....or failure. 
Activity: 560
Merit: 256
Believe the price of the coin will be much higher than 2-4 satoshi. Patience and you will see for yourself.
----
It's been a long time coming but I have finally staked my first lot of Zeit coins overnight so I'm very happy to see I have earned some coins. Now I look forward to the Ultra low inflation and hopefully this will help the price to rise a little but it has been great to see the price stable at around 2 to 4 sats for a while now.
Activity: 3
Thanks Kiklo,

thanks so far
nuggler

As far as your hardware specs, you should be good.
Rent_a_Ray updated the Mac version , download it from the website , as that was the most recent version.

You can try renaming your wallet.dat to wallet.old
then restart the 2.0.2.1 version and see if it works normally.
If so , then transfer your coins to a new wallet.
(Over Time the Wallets get large enough to cause time out issues and a new wallet clears that right up.)
If not , then post your Mac OS version and any other error messages.
There is a debug.log file under the wallet directory, but it usually shows only network related info.
Rent_a_Ray knows the Mac side, so you would have to wait til he see your post or PM him.

Cool
As far as your hardware specs, you should be good.
Rent_a_Ray updated the Mac version , download it from the website , as that was the most recent version.

You can try renaming your wallet.dat to wallet.old
then restart the 2.0.2.1 version and see if it works normally.
If so , then transfer your coins to a new wallet.
(Over Time the Wallets get large enough to cause time out issues and a new wallet clears that right up.)
If not , then post your Mac OS version and any other error messages.
There is a debug.log file under the wallet directory, but it usually shows only network related info.
Rent_a_Ray knows the Mac side, so you would have to wait til he see your post or PM him.

Cool
Pages:
Jump to: