Pages:
Author

Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS] - page 78. (Read 1009280 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
Official Zeitcoin community ambassador
How can I earn with transaction fees?  Huh

Transaction fees are earned and added to your interest on a staked block.
So when your Blocks stake.

However if there are no transactions at the time you stake your block, then you only receive the interest as there are no transaction fees to receive.

Making a lot of money from transaction fees are a Long Play as the use of the coin grows.
After the ULI activates, Blocks will be able to stake every 24 hours.

Cool

FYI:
In regards to the ULI Update, 83.3% have moved to 2.0.2.1 ,  Smiley
the few % that have not yet updated , your time is almost up, updating now is easy as downloading the new wallet and you are finished, updating after the Hard fork is going to take some effort and require a resynchronizing of the blockchain.

Kiklo, what do you mean by "your time is almost up"? I won't be in a position to update to the new version until the 21st at the earliest. Do you just mean that the time is almost up for the easy transfer to ULI? I'm ok with having to resync. Last time I was in port and able to get on WiFi I downloaded the latest snapshot, but trying to sync was nearly impossible. I let it run for a couple of hours and only managed to sync about 100 blocks beyond the snapshot. Not sure if it was just the crappy WiFi speed or what. But once I get back home I will be able to let it run for however long it takes to get sync'd up fully. The only bad thing is that I won't be able to stake any more coins at the 5% rate. But that isn't really a big deal to me.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
How can I earn with transaction fees?  Huh

Transaction fees are earned and added to your interest on a staked block.
So when your Blocks stake.

However if there are no transactions at the time you stake your block, then you only receive the interest as there are no transaction fees to receive.

Making a lot of money from transaction fees are a Long Play as the use of the coin grows.
After the ULI activates, Blocks will be able to stake every 24 hours.

Cool

FYI:
In regards to the ULI Update, 83.3% have moved to 2.0.2.1 ,  Smiley
the few % that have not yet updated , your time is almost up, updating now is easy as downloading the new wallet and you are finished, updating after the Hard fork is going to take some effort and require a resynchronizing of the blockchain.
Activity: 1862
Merit: 590
https://www.virustotal.com/de/file/af6177da123eb21ee52888f9e18ebcad289142288a9540b0a25279f13888ac39/analysis/1501486536/

I've completely removed IRC support in the source:
Github: https://github.com/zeitcoin/zeitcoin/commit/ad8db4995eac496b0b453099cd04c32fe444cf42

!DOWNLOAD! or visit http://zeit-coin.net.

(SHA1: 560CA10C6D08960B3798FE7DDB4F2092967BFEE7)
(SHA256: AF6177DA123EB21EE52888F9E18EBCAD289142288A9540B0A25279F13888AC39)

Cheers,
Ray

Thanks for this Ray, now I can get back to staking my Zeitcoins again. Looking forward to the upcoming Ultra low inflation as I'm hoping this will also stabilise the price and maybe even help it to start rising again to a level where I believe Zeitcoin should be.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
How can I earn with transaction fees?  Huh
It is the coin on Cryptopia , CoinExchange, Alcurex , NovaExchange, SouthXchange   & TradeSatoshi      
Symbol => ZEIT

Why should you invest?
Read the following and decide for yourself.

Starting August 11, 2017 at 12 GMT, Zeitcoin moves to a Ultra Low Inflation Rate of .0005% per year.
So it will make only ~500 coins per day, even BTC is making over 1500 coins per day now.

This removes the ever increasing supply of coins that decrease the marketcap.
Meaning all new investments , help grow the price per coin without the inflation deflating the price.

Target price at the ultra low inflation rate is between .01 and $1 .
It will take a few years , but for the patient it will be the ride of their life.  Smiley

ZEIT
Only coin to Solve the Following
PoS Inflation Problems  =   √ Solved moving to Ultra Low Inflation
PoW Energy Waste       =   √ Energy Efficient
PoW ASICS required      =   √ No Asics required
PoW Operating costs     =   √ Minuscule Operating Costs

Compared with BTC
BTC.............................................
Low Transaction Capacity
Energy Wasting ASICS
Increasing Transaction Fees  
Rich can jump ahead by higher fees
Profit Potential at best 10X
BTC Full Nodes receive No Payment
VersesZEIT
20X BTC Transaction Capacity
Energy Efficient
Low Fixed Transaction Fee
Transactions included in the order they were created
Profit Potential in the Millions
ZEIT Full Nodes can receive Transactions fees for staked blocks

Cool

FYI:
PoW coins are unsustainable due to their insane power requirements and inefficient design.
Recent example:
https://cointelegraph.com/news/south-korean-market-giant-bans-bitcoin-mining-amidst-electricity-outages
South Korean Market Giant Bans Bitcoin Mining Amidst Electricity Outages

Normal PoS coins price per coin is unsustainable due to their out of control inflation.
Just looks at sprouts, it is a prime example of how inflation will destroy the price per coin.

ZEIT is a PoST coin , Proof of Stake Transactions
Even thru you can earn an ultra low interest rate per stake, in time, the transaction fees will earn you more than the ultra low interest rate.
IMO, this is the only truly sustainable solution to come out of the entire crypto experiment started by Satoshi.
Activity: 588
Merit: 510

ZEITCOIN'S ULTRA LOW INFLATION! Smiley

All Zeitcoin Wallet Users should update to v2.0.2.1 Gauntlet
Before Aug 11th 2017.

Less than 7 Days to Go!
Hi guys,

For some reason I have 0 connections in the new wallet.
I have no .conf file in the directory

how to add nodes?

Kiklo answered your question earlier:
New Users downloading the noirc version from zeit-coin.net ,
run zeitcoin-qt.exe  -seednode=zeitseed2.ddns.net
your 1st time, this will update your peers.dat
after it disconnects, then close the zeit wallet and restart normally
zeitcoin-qt.exe

╥Aztek

It's not needed. Binary has hardcoded Seednodes and if there's a previous peers.dat in your directory, you are double clear without doing anything.
Don't use -seednode to add a single peer. It's not intended and you should use addnode=IP.

With a seednode you get more than 1 IP directly from the DNS A record. With a standard fullnode you only get 1 IP directly.

Cheers,
Ray

I think Vandalay23 is a new install (Correct me if I am wrong) , meaning for the moment, he has no peers.dat and since the irc was removed so the antivirus would quit labeling the zeitcoin-qt.exe as a false positive, he was unable to see the network, as your 1st noirc version did not have a DNS seed in it. And that is probably the one he is using.

So temporary measure for new users (noirc version)  is to run zeitcoin-qt.exe  -seednode=zeitseed2.ddns.net
all this does is connect to a zeit node and sync peers.dat to the new install, takes only a minute or so and disconnects , then the user restarts his zeit wallet normally without ever needing the seednode command ever again.  
Current users already have an peers,dat with network address and would never need to run the seednode command. That was only mentioned as a temporary solution until your new zeit wallet with the hard coded seeds was ready for download, as then new users would find peers normally by starting the wallet and search the hard coded seeds.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 1318
Merit: 1036
Hi guys,

how to add nodes?

Kiklo answered your question earlier:
run zeitcoin-qt.exe  -seednode=zeitseed2.ddns.net
zeitcoin-qt.exe

╥Aztek

It's not needed. Binary has hardcoded Seednodes and if there's a previous peers.dat in your directory, you are double clear without doing anything.
Don't use -seednode to add a single peer. It's not intended and you should use addnode=IP.

With a seednode you get more than 1 IP directly from the DNS A record. With a standard fullnode you only get 1 IP directly.

Cheers,
Ray
Update:
OK,  after some PMs from Rent_A_Ray,
We will be dropping the IRC code from future releases and moving to DNS Seeds.

So if you are using the IRC version and your antivirus is causing problems.
Moving to the new code will remove the false positive message from your AV.

If you are currently using the IRC code version and your antivirus is not causing any problems ,
you can continue using that version as long as you wish.

Ray is working on a version with a working DNS seed.

Current users , having trouble with Antivirus, can download the No Irc version from the website, with no additional steps.

zeitcoin-qt.exe

After the new version with the DNS seed is ready , this won't be necessary for new users.

Cool

Is zeitseed2.ddns.net a special Node? Or is it possible to do this with other Zeitcoin nodes that are directly connected to the Internet or have a working Portforwarding?

Works with any zeit node.
You could even go to https://chainz.cryptoid.info/zeit/#!network and pick any node IP from the 2.0.2.1 version and it will work.

Cool
Activity: 341
Merit: 250
Hi guys,

how to add nodes?
Activity: 50
Merit: 1
Update:

If you are currently using the IRC code version and your antivirus is not causing any problems ,

Current users , having trouble with Antivirus, can download the No Irc version from the website, with no additional steps.

zeitcoin-qt.exe

After the new version with the DNS seed is ready , this won't be necessary for new users.

Cool

Is zeitseed2.ddns.net a special Node? Or is it possible to do this with other Zeitcoin nodes that are directly connected to the Internet or have a working Portforwarding?
Activity: 560
Merit: 256
First you need to grow at least 100 Satosh!  Smiley
legendary

you should remove the IRC links from the makefiles as well...

Done, thanks. Grin

Ray
Activity: 140
Merit: 1
Zeitcoin Will Grow Up To===Per Zeitcoin=10 USD.   Kiss Kiss Kiss

Eh, that's a $3.7 Trillion market cap man. We'd be lucky if crypto as a whole came even close to this amount. But hey man, if you really believe it, you better buy everything under 10 Sats and keep buying. I ain't stopping you. Wink
Activity: 5
Hi, I updated the wallet 3 days ago. Transactions are all up to date, got coins in my wallet but it says no blocks are ready for minting (my wallet is open for minting). On the old wallet I received coins. Anyone knows what the problem could be?

Did you unlocked your wallet? It happened to me, I had the message "no blocks ready do minting", but my blocks had more than 20 days, so I unlocked and then it started to mint, in spite of the leaf being grey, not green.
Activity: 209
Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol
Update:

zeitcoin-qt.exe

Cool

you should remove the IRC links from the makefiles as well...
Zeitcoin Will Grow Up To===Per Zeitcoin=10 USD.   Kiss Kiss Kiss

John McAfee ?  Grin

Cheers,
Ray

John McAfee ?  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKgf5PaBzyg

Did someone say BlackJack and Hookers?  Wink

Cool
legendary

John McAfee ?  Grin

Cheers,
Ray
Activity: 51
Activity: 49
Hi, I updated the wallet 3 days ago. Transactions are all up to date, got coins in my wallet but it says no blocks are ready for minting (my wallet is open for minting). On the old wallet I received coins. Anyone knows what the problem could be?
Pages:
Jump to: