Pages:
Author

Topic: ZenMiner (unmoderated) service discussion thread - page 7. (Read 27963 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Less than 48 hours with a miner hosted on zenminer, and I haven't been able to log in for the last seven hours.  Just great. Roll Eyes
Activity: 178
Merit: 100
You can keep running screen -r and see if you can catch it.

Use ~#watch "screen -ls" to monitor any screen sessions starting up and closing. It has a 2 second refresh, so you still may miss it, but it's better than repeating the command. Use CTRL-C to exit the watch.

It' entirely possible that you have the wrong binary on your RPi, and it closes on startup because it doesn't detect the right device.

It's important that you change your "hardware configuration" server side at least twice. Once to something that isn't your hardware type (e.g. select gridseed, if you use zeus), wait 10 minutes, then once back to your hardware. Leave your miners disconnected during this process. Once you have selected your hardware, wait another 10 minutes to be safe, connect your hardware and powercycle the RPi.

The server definitely pushes a different binary when you switch hardware manufacturers. You need to give time for the RPi to pick the commands up from the server and time for the binaries to download. I have no concept of how long it will actually take you to download the binary, so 10 minutes is a safe period.

Are you using a compatible USB2 hub? Try connecting your miner directly to your RPi until it gets picked up and working ok. Further, you need to monitor the power consumption rather than your pool to see if it's mining if you aren't SSH'ed in and looking for screen sessions.
Activity: 119
Merit: 10
yes - it states that there is no screen to take over.

So something is wrong that either the miner isn't running or its exiting. Which I have seen it exit but it restarts and then goes.

Btw did you click change hardware and set your hardware. I recently added another controller and I had to do it a few times.

You can keep running screen -r and see if you can catch it.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
yes - it states that there is no screen to take over.
After I SSH into them - i get connected - no issues there.  I can see all of the RPI processes running, including one named 'CRYPTO', but otherwise - nothing else looks weird or out of place.

Did you try running screen -r?
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126
After I SSH into them - i get connected - no issues there.  I can see all of the RPI processes running, including one named 'CRYPTO', but otherwise - nothing else looks weird or out of place.

are you running them through a hub? If so, try with them connected directly to the pi
What happens when you SSH into them?

No change in status - things are still not hashing.  I've restarted a number of times and i've wiped out almost every pool that i had previously populated.  I'm pretty sure that I am doing something wrong, or have missed something, as I have 2 of the Zen Controllers that are doing the *exact* same thing.  Is it possible that some other activation is required?  Any other ideas?
Yup - they all show up.

You could SSH into the box and see what it is doing.

I use putty.

username root
pass gawminers

screen -r  to check the miner session.

crtl-a-d to disconnect from miner session.
Yup - they all show up.
Thanks for the idea.  I've restarted it a few times without any luck.

In terms of the pool configurations - i assume that it supports stratum.  I've been using the standard 'stratum+tcp://fully qualified pool name:port' syntax.  Same configuration that i had with BFGMiner with the same miners prior to the Zen Controller.

Yeah that should work.

Does the USB section list all your devices?
Thanks for the idea.  I've restarted it a few times without any luck.

In terms of the pool configurations - i assume that it supports stratum.  I've been using the standard 'stratum+tcp://fully qualified pool name:port' syntax.  Same configuration that i had with BFGMiner with the same miners prior to the Zen Controller.

ok guys - what am i missing here.  I created an account/registration on the zenminer site, logged in after validating it, added the pools that i normally use, plugged in my zen controller and the corresponding miners, told the website to find my on-premise zen controller - to which it found successfully.  I am able to see the zen controller, and the corresponding USB devices found.  But mining is just not happening - i feel like i am missing something here.  I do not see a way to tell a miner to use a pool, let alone a 'go' or 'start' button.  What am i missing here guys/gals?!

I appreciate any ideas!

I would double check your pools. There is a bug where it adds the default one from the miner. Also reboot it now that everything is setup.
ok guys - what am i missing here.  I created an account/registration on the zenminer site, logged in after validating it, added the pools that i normally use, plugged in my zen controller and the corresponding miners, told the website to find my on-premise zen controller - to which it found successfully.  I am able to see the zen controller, and the corresponding USB devices found.  But mining is just not happening - i feel like i am missing something here.  I do not see a way to tell a miner to use a pool, let alone a 'go' or 'start' button.  What am i missing here guys/gals?!

I appreciate any ideas!
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Zencontroller worked flawlessly, without an activation code!  I'm very happy with it's performance.
Oh right. I think Zen ties in the MAC address so not sure that would work. I haven't tried it yet though. I did make a backup of the SD Card before I powered it up the first time.

You needed an activation code though, right? 

Both mine had it stuck to the side with the HDMI port. I didn't see it at first.

I would email support, they can generate one based on your IP Address.

I just heard back from GAW...apparently they don't need the activation code any more.

I hope this is the case.

Cool, I know they are doing a lot of upgrades recently, finally.

Let us know how it goes.
legendary
Oh right. I think Zen ties in the MAC address so not sure that would work. I haven't tried it yet though. I did make a backup of the SD Card before I powered it up the first time.

Both mine had it stuck to the side with the HDMI port. I didn't see it at first.

I just heard back from GAW...apparently they don't need the activation code any more.

I hope this is the case.

legendary

I have the option to add a zencontroller in the web interface.

Does it prompt you for the code after that?
Pages:
Jump to: